• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

King’s Quest (2015) Hint Request

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2015-06-10

PM

*SPOILER ALERT*

For anyone that has started playing King’s Quest: A Knight to Remember your help would be appreciated.

I believe I read that the developers have made sure that there wouldn’t be any dead-ends in this game compared to previous KQ games.

[spoiler]So video walkthrus that I have seen have Graham spending his last gold coin on the hedge trimmer I didn’t I got the pumpkin and had the old couple turn it into a lamp and spent my last gold coin on the lamp. I proceeded to enter the cave and was kicked out by the larger contestant as he claims the wolves that inhabits the cave as “his eyes.” I am now totally stuck. I got the ingredients for the pie to give to the troll but the baker wants a gold coin in exchange for the pie, so I can’t do that. I also tried giving the lantern back to the old couple like you could with the pawn shop in KQ6 but that didn’t work. I also tried trading the lantern with the women in the blacksmith shop for the hedge trimmers and she thought it was cool and wants one but didn’t take mine.[/spolier]

What do I do?

Thanks!

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

hmmmm i remember theres at least 1 coin you can find in the forest kind of in the open. Also have you found the work order (piece of paper)? i dont remember exactly where it was.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

zane - 31 July 2015 11:17 PM

hmmmm i remember theres at least 1 coin you can find in the forest kind of in the open. Also have you found the work order (piece of paper)? i dont remember exactly where it was.

Work order is in first dark forest area after crossing first Troll bridge,
Immediately after Pie puzzle, go straight up with lantern.
If you go right after crossing bridge you will get a coin on the side.
I also think third coin you can find in the forest in some other area escaping my mind,
or that shifty trader with cart gives you one if you save him from goblins

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

there was one behind the trap with meat maybe too?
The forest and goblin i dont think he’d be able to reach yet.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

got the solution for ya, this is probably one of the trickier options in the game:
dip the pumpkin in the teeth whitening cauldron (it turns it purple) and then present that to the guard as the eye of the snarlax

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2015-06-10

PM

I haven’t completed the eye of a hideous beast challenge yet so I don’t seem to be able to do all of those other things to get it those extra coins you mention. Zane, I’m going to try this. Thanks!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

zane - 01 August 2015 03:13 PM

got the solution for ya, this is probably one of the trickier options in the game:
dip the pumpkin in the teeth whitening cauldron (it turns it purple) and then present that to the guard as the eye of the snarlax

Woaaah you can use the pumpkin on that, so is it still redeemable for use as lantern puzzles?

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

nomadsoul - 03 August 2015 12:40 PM
zane - 01 August 2015 03:13 PM

Woaaah you can use the pumpkin on that, so is it still redeemable for use as lantern puzzles?

Yep, just like if you use weedwhacker to get the eye you still give the troll the snack, and if you give the troll the snack to get the eye you still eventually have to use the weedwhacker.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top