• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2007-06-22

PM

^ I see Vilanova is sporting the Guardiola look there. 

Barcelona had an off-day and Madrid was just okay (I’ve watched better matches in the Scottish Premier League*). The 2nd half just highlighted Mourinho’s ugly and unreasonable defensive mentality which, inevitably, will be praised as being some sort of genius move on his part because they (barely) won. 

*An atrocious hyperbole, I know.

“This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I’ll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday my friend. Peace.” -Old Tart Toter

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

TiAgUh - 31 August 2012 05:57 AM

Mourinho’s ugly and unreasonable defensive mentality which, inevitably, will be praised as being some sort of genius move on his part because they (barely) won.

So true.

The team is Real Madrid for Pete’s sake, they shouldn’t be playing defensively EVER. Not even against Barcelona.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 31 August 2012 06:22 AM
TiAgUh - 31 August 2012 05:57 AM

Mourinho’s ugly and unreasonable defensive mentality which, inevitably, will be praised as being some sort of genius move on his part because they (barely) won.

So true.

The team is Real Madrid for Pete’s sake, they shouldn’t be playing defensively EVER. Not even against Barcelona.

Come on Guys, if you cant beat the master , then… the hell with good football/play.

Brazil for instance (in the modern Football) never took the world cup when they were playing Good, they took it ‘94 and ‘02 because they were tactically good, you might not enjoy them but they are the champions like or not ,and that is how it had been for a while, forget the super playing , the nice tackling and and team amazing through passes, some team just gotta win!

i guess that is Alex’s Theory with Man for a long time and he had managed to influence the world’s Football with it.

and before you say Messi, there is always an Exception like many others before him,and the question is always how long this Phenomena can last, how would he be like at the age of 28-30. and what is he gonna do for his Country beside Those golden Medals of the Olympics he won with Argentina more than a A decade ago!

Joined 2007-06-22

PM

Wth are you babbling about there?

1st off: Brasil what!? Watching them play was an orgasmic experience (especially when Edmílson scored that goal against Costa Rica); Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldi-and in ‘94 they still had Romário and Bebeto… Jesus! It wasn’t just tactical prowess you blind, blind man.

Secondly, what “team amazing through passes”—which is Barcelona’s strongest feature btw—means to Real is long balls to (mostly) CR, which only worked 2 days ago because Piqué was reminiscing about Shakira’s hypnotic butt.

And finally, are you trying to imply in the last paragraph that Barca can’t handle itself without Messi? No, seriously, it’s hard to understand you sometimes.

EDIT: Oh, about Ferguson: You do know CR (and Nani, until recently) carried the team on his back for quite a while, right? English teams (ManU included, yes) always crumble against Portuguese teams cause we are great at short passing while they just have expensive game-changing players, strength or simply got the refs on their side *cough Chelsea cough*. Anyway, what I’m saying here is that Ferguson can kiss my ass.

“This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I’ll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday my friend. Peace.” -Old Tart Toter

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

there no need to disrespect here Tia ,but i well answer you question only , though i would to comment on your post but it well be hard for someone who didnt not see the Brazilian team of the ‘82 world cup to understand!

^
that is what i was babbling about.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

My point was mostly that I hate trainers who have the world’s (second) best team at their disposal, and use it to play ugly defensive football, when there’s more than enough talent there to play goodlooking offensive football.

Of course he’s going to win a lot of matches. It’s Real Madrid. A toddler could manage that team to victory.

I just don’t like it when teams with such quality play with a “don’t concede goals, and then see if we can score”-mentality. I prefer the team that simply tries to “make one goal more than our opponent”.
Sure, offensive football has its risks, but I’d rather watch a team that occasionally gets a thrashing, but that consistently tries to score a load of goals, than a team that is mostly content with a 1-0 victory.

And this team mentality is almost always the result of the trainer’s mentality, so that’s why I’ll always call Mourinho an “ugly” trainer. I’m not saying he’s bad, I’m just saying it’s the opposite of what I like to watch…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Joined 2007-06-22

PM

Hum, yeah, I’m not that old, but it was you who randomly mentioned ‘94 and ‘02.

Well, from Mr. Nerdy’s post here I guess you’re saying something along the lines of “doesn’t matter how well they play, as long as they win”? If so, then you either never payed to watch a match or you’re greek.

And I wasn’t by any means “disrespectful” so please do not say that because I don’t want the AG admins and mods to rape my e-mail with whiny finger-waggings, again.

Speaking of sucky teams: Chelsea is currently getting its ass handed. And OMG-LMAO-ROFL etc., Adrián Lopéz is going to be a youtube star after that one.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

not really a geek but, i am saying the truth , football now is not about entertaining ,it is about the money the Club gets when they win something, even if player has to make a acting drama scene of how he is are hurt and injured to kick one of the opponent players out the pitch ....ahem…! sounds like D.Alves style.

and who said disrespectful, that wasn’t me Grin

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I just watched my national team play their first World Cup qualification match.

They won 0-2 in Wales, but for a team with such quality, they rarely prove it in their matches with the national team, imo. At least the result was there, this time, but the match could’ve been a whole lot better…

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

TimovieMan - 07 September 2012 04:56 PM

I just watched my national team play their first World Cup qualification match.

They won 0-2 in Wales, but for a team with such quality, they rarely prove it in their matches with the national team, imo. At least the result was there, this time, but the match could’ve been a whole lot better…

We play Serbia today in the same group. I think we play you next month.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lucien21 - 08 September 2012 06:48 AM

We play Serbia today in the same group. I think we play you next month.

Yeah, you do. And I hope you win today. I practically fear Serbia more than Croatia in the group… Tongue

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Advie - 14 November 2012 05:53 PM

Ibra Ibra !!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=466695133369285

He’s amazing! Smile

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.