• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Subscribed to a thread which I hadn’t subscribed to.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Received two emails that told me that there’d been replies to a thread I’d subscribed to (“Trailer for my dark fantasy adventure game - your opinion please”) which I hadn’t. Checked the thread and it was showing subscribed to so I clicked “unsubscribe” whereupon I got a message telling me:

“Error

The following errors were encountered You are not authorized to perform this action”

It appears to be the only thread that this happened to which is odd as I’d expect that sort of error to be all or nothing.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ve had the same issue a few times in the past weeks where I was suddenly subscribed to a thread I didn’t subscribe to (but where I did post something).

If the “regular” unsubscribe-link doesn’t work under the thread title, you can always unsubscribe by managing your subscriptions in your user profile (click your nickname in the upper right corner).

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Cheers Tim, I was unaware that that existed - probably because I’ve never subscribed to any threads Smile
Just in case any investigation takes place I hadn’t posted to that thread.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

I think this happened to me too. (Unless I accidentally subbed to a tread without noticing.) I got a notification e-mail for a thread after taking a quick look at it and deciding that it’s the kind of discussion I really dislike. (People trash talking games that other people love for no apparent reason.)

In case it helps track the bug down, I did post in another thread during the same visit, and checked the “notify me” button for that thread even though I probably already was subscribed to that one.

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Thanks for the report, will look into this. I fixed something with subscribing to a thread with that button (ut was broken before) but unsubscribe is apparently broken as well. Will also look into mystery subscriptions

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Fixed the unsubscribe option, will investigate why it sometimes subscribes you to the wrong thread

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top