• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

SpeedBowalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

TV show sound uh…show REVIVED!

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The REM song haz been used in alot of stuff feom big banv theory to sopranos and NCIS.

However you probably want My so called life which featered it in the pilot.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lucien21 - 28 April 2014 06:29 AM

Did I miss apost where 10th kingdom was guessed.

Weird

Arghh… I’ve mixed gray’s “The Tenth” and blundered as he had guessed The 10th Kingdom.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

4. Crockett’s Theme from Miami Vice (the archetypical 80s series Tongue)
11. The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes ?????

Bonus: The song was used in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie, so maybe the series too?
Edit: nah, Lucien21’s probably got that one.

diego - 27 April 2014 01:37 PM

Is it ok if I post a mini quiz in the meantime?

You go right ahead. Grin

I’ll just have to scrap three titles for my quiz… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

1. 0:00 The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Lady Kestrel
2. 0:41 Dexter - gray pierce
3. 1:05 Futurama (In the Year 105105) - Lucien21
4. 2:16 Miami Vice - TimovieMan
5. 3:00 Crime Story - Lady Kestrel
6. 4:11 The Sarah Silverman Program - Lucien21
7. 4:40 The Simpsons (Your Wife Don’t Understand You) - UPtimist
8. 5:06 Twin Peaks - UPtimist
9. 6:13 The 10th Kingdom - gray pierce and diego Grin
10. 7:05 True Detective - gray pierce
11. 7:39 The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes - TimovieMan

Bonus: My So-Called Life - Lucien21

TimovieMan - 28 April 2014 06:54 AM

I’ll just have to scrap three titles for my quiz… Tongue

Sorry

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

diego - 28 April 2014 06:36 AM

Weird

Arghh… I’ve mixed gray’s “The Tenth” and blundered as he had guessed The 10th Kingdom.

I actually did mean The 10th Kingdom. I remember soemthing about a show about a mirror which is a gate to a fantasy world. It had that song playing over it’s opening credits. I remember because I thought (and still think) it was god awful.

I got confused because I watched that show more than 10 years ago and it was only 3 years ago I first saw the excellent Polanski movie The Ninth Gate. And considering a gate also features in the show you can understand my mixup.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

gray pierce - 28 April 2014 07:25 PM

Weird

I actually did mean The 10th Kingdom. I remember soemthing about a show about a mirror which is a gate to a fantasy world. It had that song playing over it’s opening credits. I remember because I thought (and still think) it was god awful.

I got confused because I watched that show more than 10 years ago and it was only 3 years ago I first saw the excellent Polanski movie The Ninth Gate. And considering a gate also features in the show you can understand my mixup.

I’ve stumbled into opposite world. You should switch that around. 10th Kingdom was great and the least said about that dreadful Johnny Depp movie the better.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Lucien21 - 29 April 2014 03:43 AM
gray pierce - 28 April 2014 07:25 PM

Weird

I’ve stumbled into opposite world. You should switch that around. 10th Kingdom was great and the least said about that dreadful Johnny Depp movie the better.

I meant that the song is god awful. I don’t know who sang it (Diana Ross?) but she should consider a career change imo. The show itself was apparantly forgettable since all I remember is what I mentioned in the above post.

The Ninth Gate is an uderrated gem. Sure it’s not your average supernatural thriller but I really liked it. One of Polanski’s best imo.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

gray pierce - 29 April 2014 04:31 AM

The Ninth Gate is an uderrated gem. Sure it’s not your average supernatural thriller but I really liked it. One of Polanski’s best imo.

^ This.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

TimovieMan - 29 April 2014 06:52 AM
gray pierce - 29 April 2014 04:31 AM

^ This.

Seconded.  The Ninth Gate isn’t my favorite film or even my favorite Johnny Depp film, but it is quite enjoyable in an off-beat kind of way.

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top