• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG’s Rock Community

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Three versions of the song Making Believe:

The original version by Kitty Wells (The kind of country song that makes you feel guilty when you haven’t even done anything)-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UlJ8PYjdBo

A very different Rock & Roll version by Social Distortion-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwHzptH2fHc

A cover of the Social Distortion version by Volbeat-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLyH600QF74

I have to admit that I like the Volbeat version best, but the Social Distortion version is a very close second.

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Hey Old country man Grin ,that is awesome . That made me think that Jon Bon Jovi Blood Money is a Rip-off , A ,D ,E (all major chords) Smile

Forget the Video with Richie ,Beck made a great job at the Blaze of Glory Soundtrack.
one of the best EVER. (The soundtrack)

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Can you think of an underrated (or little known) rock/hard rock gems? Here’re two of mine:

Crimson Glory - Lonely

Dokken - Breaking the Chains

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sage - 06 May 2014 11:09 PM

I have to admit that I like the Volbeat version best

I agree.

diego - 08 May 2014 06:12 PM

Can you think of an underrated (or little known) rock/hard rock gems?

Off the top of my head:

Aldo Nova - Monkey on Your Back (1)

Kingdom Come - Stargazer (2)

(1) My god, those 80s music videos were tacky! Gasp Tongue

(2) I don’t think this was ever released as a single…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Tesla - Hang Tough

Winger - Who’s The One

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TimovieMan - 09 May 2014 06:41 AM

Kingdom Come - Stargazer (2)

Incredible! Only 2 days ago I’ve discovered this band (do you think it served as an inspiration for Kingdom Come: Deliverance?) listening to this great song.

Advie - 09 May 2014 09:47 AM

Tesla - Hang Tough

I always stumble upon Tesla when speaking of best 80s&underrated; bands, but never got around to give them a good listen.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 09 May 2014 11:09 AM

Incredible! Only 2 days ago I’ve discovered this band listening to this great song.

They’re a pretty good band. I especially like their second album “Kingdom Come - In Your Face” (the Stargazer song is the last song on that album). Their Led Zeppelin influence is VERY noticeable in their works, especially in their self-titled debut album.

(do you think it served as an inspiration for Kingdom Come: Deliverance?)

Both the band and the game took it out of the “Our Father”, imo.
“Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come...” Wink

I always stumble upon Tesla when speaking of best 80s&underrated; bands, but never got around to give them a good listen.

You should, they’re great! I got to know them through my dad (same with Kingdom Come and Aldo Nova, really), since he had their “Five Man Acoustical Jam” record, which was an unplugged live album made years before ‘unplugged’ became a thing… Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I recently saw Coldplay perform “Magic” on late-night television.  I like this video of it: Magic

Diego,
If I heard the lyrics correctly, “Janine” is a really sad song.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I’ve been helping a friend out. He has a bunch of rock songs from the 70’s that he needed to identify. Shazam and Soundhound worked well, but I still have one song that they won’t recognize. I tried googling the lyrics, but that didn’t work either.
I have an iPad video with the song playing in the background. Can someone help me get it posted here? Then maybe on of the members might be able to identify it.
I listen to mostly 80’s alternative (and current alternative)so many of the songs I had never heard of. There were a couple that I really liked. I don’t know how obscure they are, but this is one of them:
Kirlian Camera Blue Room

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Wow… Iron Maiden in Belgrade, just got back from it. Too “predictable” setlist for my taste (Run to the Hills, Trooper, Fear of the Dark…) and 90% of it was from the first album and Seventh Son, but they did play some “surprises” like Revelation and The Prisoner. Tongue It was on open field, so the sound wasn’t of 100% high quality, but great energy, as usual. Thumbs Up

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

since the day before yesterday Egypt had declared war* against IS(IS) in Libya, anyways (already things has been terrible here since long, its already like war is going on) that is not what I am here about ‘really’, I am about ‘rock’ Smile , I am listing to all Rock War Songs I can remember…

here is White Lion - Warsong

come on guys, and bring on your best Rock-War-Song(s) Cool

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Some classics:

Black Sabbath - War Pigs
Iron Maiden - The Trooper

Don’t like The Trooper? Here’s Run to the Hills instead. Wink

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Advie - 16 February 2015 10:18 PM

since the day before yesterday Egypt had declared war* against IS(IS) in Libya, anyways (already things has been terrible here since long, its already like war is going on) that is not what I am here about ‘really’, I am about ‘rock’ Smile , I am listing to all Rock War Songs I can remember…

here is White Lion - Warsong

come on guys, and bring on your best Rock-War-Song(s) Cool

Sure thing.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

this so awesome father Henke Smile, no ‘difference between a Muslim and a Jew’  Thumbs Up

i also reposted on my FB timeline Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top