• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Your opinion please!

Poll: What’s the #1 deciding factor in choosing whether or not to download a paid game app?
Total Votes: 4
How it looks
User reviews
Media reviews
Price
Other

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-01-14

PM

Hey everyone, perhaps you can help settle a hot debate within our team…. Please give us your opinion - What’s the #1 deciding factor in choosing whether or not to download a paid game app?

1 - How it looks
2-  User reviews
3-  Media reviews
4-  Price
5-  Other

If you answer “Other”, could you please specify?

Thanks!

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

I said User Reviews, though truthfully, I usually look for media reviews FIRST, mainly because they are more likely to be decently written and have accompanying information and pictures that give a good feel for the game. The reason I say User Reviews, though, is that I will very seldom allow Media Reviews to be the last word, but will check for User Reviews once I have a good overview from the Media review. If the User Reviews agree with the Media Reviews (and both are positive), then I feel fairly confident about a purchase. (If both are negative, obviously, I wouldn’t bother.) If they DISAGREE, markedly, I tend to give more weight to the User Reviews, such that strongly positive User Reviews can outweigh a lackluster (or possibly even a strongly negative) Media Review, and strongly negative User Reviews will generally prevent me from a purchase no matter WHAT the Media Reviews say.

Of course, there will always be some products where I make up my mind prior to reading ANY reviews, but that is usually for something that I’ve already been greatly anticipating in advance of ANY reviews, and don’t care what ANYBODY else says (even though I may end up wishing I had Wink ). But that’s pretty rare.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-01-14

PM

Thanks for your input Mister Ed! 

Anyone else have an opinion?

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I usually go by how it looks. How well it’s being showcased by the developers with proper description, trailers, pictures etc. And ofc. whether or not it interests me at all.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top