• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Sad Egypt

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Its gonna be a Dark Christmas day this year as we could not celebrate Christmas Eve with our Coptic Friends as it used to for decades and Centuries:-

As you might by now have realized, there’s a revolution taking place in my country, Egypt. Me and Many of my friends and family members are and involved , the people, try to overthrow a criminal dictator within a known Islamic terrorist organization that recently came to power in Egypt. Many of those at ground zero are in the midst of all the clashes and chaos and, needless to say, those terrorists will and have done everything to remain in power. This includes murdering peaceful protesters, twisting all facts and events to their advantage, bribing poor people to lie, torturing innocent , spreading false news to the media, and the list continues to go on.

My posts I share,crucial information for fellow members and adventurers here in order to maintain a real vision form someone who had been walking the streets of Cairo for two years now (with other Millions Egyptians) to reach our goals in the middle of a mostly global media blackout.

If you wish to know more, then i will be proud to spread the word (Truth). Egyptians are proud people and do not require interference from other countries, just their support and condemnation of those sub-humans at best.

Thank you for reading and understanding.

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Advie, we’re following the situation in Egypt on the news. I hope you and your family are safe!

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Thanks Jelena Smile
but is that the picture you get about what is happening at Egypt now in Sweden ?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 19 December 2012 06:23 PM

mostly global media blackout

Actually, we’re getting quite a lot of news out of Egypt (a lot more than we get out of Sudan, for instance). Unfortunately, none of it is any good…

Egyptians are proud people and do not require interference from other countries, just their support and condemnation of those sub-humans at best.

I *really* hope you can resolve the situation as peacefully as possible. I don’t know how you perceive things in the streets, but with the news we’re getting from Egypt, I fear it’s moving towards a civil war. The situation now looks a lot worse than it was two years ago… Frown

I hope you and your friends and family are all safe!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Today an egyptian activist Aliaa Magda Elmahdy together with a group did a nude protest outside the Egyptian embassy in Stockholm. On their naked bodies there were messages written against the regime and their proposal on a new constitution. I believe the protest must have been quick since it’s cold in Stockholm these days. Wink

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

@Timothy
i agree The situation now looks a lot worse than it was at the Times of Mubarak, but its a revolution and no one expect Roses when it is still happening .
especially that some Party of 6,000 Persons wants to take over 20 Million Citizens efforts of bringing down the old corrupted System down to their own Good only , 
they are an Old, Organized but that does not make them any better or give them any right .

though they succeeded to fool the Majority of Egypt’s under the line of poverty (which are 45% of the population) with their Money at the presidency round they think the can do it again, but all i can see that this party and their man in the president suite had in less than 5 months gained the hate of all the institutions; Justice,The Media and even the Public opinion and couldn’t even succeed at anything not even wiping their own asses ,

i can talk forever but now all i want to say that they are alone (with their resources) against the people ,and anyone walking the streets of Egypt Knows that

@Jelena
Aliaa i one of the teenager Protesters that have a different way than most of her age in that matter i myelf never agreed with her though the aim is one at the end

watch this for our friends in London protesting against the brotherhood’s constitution .

P.S:that word writin in Arabic which looks like a scissor means NO.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The Brotherhood with their man whom they call our president had banned any sort of Manifestations celebrations for the new year on the Official TV Channels , but the hell with them .

this photo represent the REAL Egyptian Coptic’s and no one can change that nature .

Image Attachments

309466_261056680689725_964047045_n.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

the Egyptian (Brotherhood) minister of plantation industries and commodities Claimed yesterday that the Egyptian Citizen Can live with eight pounds(L.E) a day which is less than one dollar and a half

6.75 L.E = 1 US$

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 03 January 2013 12:56 PM

the Egyptian (Brotherhood) minister of plantation industries and commodities Claimed yesterday that the Egyptian Citizen Can live with eight pounds(L.E) a day which is less than one dollar and a half

6.75 L.E = 1 US$

He obviously failed to mention the quality of such a life… Gasp

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 03 January 2013 01:11 PM
Advie - 03 January 2013 12:56 PM

6.75 L.E = 1 US$

He obviously just failed !! (full stop).

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

It’s not a fair comparison. The cost of living in the US is waaay higher than the cost of living in Egypt.

In fact it is probably about less than half.

For Example:

Consumer Prices in United States are 75.85% higher than in Egypt
Consumer Prices Including Rent in United States are 103.17% higher than in Egypt
Rent Prices in United States are 219.08% higher than in Egypt
Restaurant Prices in United States are 80.94% higher than in Egypt
Groceries Prices in United States are 95.43% higher than in Egypt
Local Purchasing Power in United States is 382.90% higher than in Egypt

Of course 8 egypt pounds a day is a ludicrious figure, but you need to take the cost of living adjustment into account and not just the exchange rate in currency.

So to pay £8 for something in Egypt would be £14 in the US which is about $2. (It is estimated that about 1.5 million people in America live on $2 a day.)

$2 a day is also the world bank standard for moderate poverty. 2.7 billion people (or 38%) in the world live at this level.

Not saying it is right. Everyone one in the world deserve to be able to live at an appropriate level.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Umm..

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I just hope that the Muslim Brotherhood doesn’t evoke a world wide unconditional hate of Islam in general. Human rights, religious freedom and democracy are all necessary. I really hope this will work out peacefully.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

IT wasn’t a Revolution ,it is all makes sense now (we had been lead by cheeps to put down their shepherd) .... Tunisia ,Egypt, Libya , Syria ... its nothing but a Big conspiracy , it is not yet finished , Bashar must go Down 1st and he will, and soon Bahrain too and there will be turbulence crawling to Saudi to complete the plan,
Jordan and Iraq are just Puppets now so there will be no effort needed against them ,Russia is just buying time by standing next to Bashar but it doesn’t care , China just using the situation to show its power of being able to stand against and snooze the US policies ..... the road to Tehran is long, The Nato trying its best not to be lead into some issues they are not gaining much from as much they would pay , add to that European Union had Ended up in the German Hands (as the usual but for all the economically reasons this time)
and this is all just an introduction ...but it is all seem clear now…

there was never a spring just a cold long winter!!

SHOOT ME

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

that shot below had been taken today’s Morning at tahrirr Square Mid-Town Cairo,
P.S: This is No celebration , Nine People were shot until this moment .

Image Attachments

18_feb_(1).jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top