• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

OK, let’s start a serious discussion here. What do you think about all these birds in gardens?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 30 May 2012 03:25 PM

That’s not so nice for Marek to hear.

Well, “hate” was far too big a word. There’s just a bunch of small convenient things that were present in the old forums that are missing now. I’ll get used to it, though, no worries…  Wink

Edit: what birds???  Meh

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

TimovieMan - 30 May 2012 03:44 PM

Edit: what birds???  Meh

LOL. Your choice. But I only have the flying dinosaur kind of birds in my garden.

Edit: LOL again.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

TimovieMan - 30 May 2012 03:15 PM

All the new functionality that the site itself has won, has been lost in the forums.

I’ve barely ever used the main site, just read the occasional article Tongue But as long as the community is the same, it’s what matters Smile

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

tsa - 30 May 2012 03:29 PM

OK, let’s start a serious discussion here. What do you think about all these birds in gardens?

They wake me up with their tweeting at dawn, but they’re not as bad as the birds nesting in my roof.

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2004-04-18

PM

Communities never stay the same. Not really. But that doesn’t have to be a bad thing.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Squinky - 30 May 2012 05:05 PM

Communities never stay the same. Not really. But that doesn’t have to be a bad thing.

Well, sure, but it has stayed on a good level even if the persons changed Smile

I like the birds in the garden! Sometimes we get the occasional rare bird too, that’s fun…

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Jatsie - 30 May 2012 05:04 PM
tsa - 30 May 2012 03:29 PM

They wake me up with their tweeting at dawn, but they’re not as bad as the birds nesting in my roof.

Do the tweet on little mini iphones?

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Last thing I want to say about the new forums (here at least): all gripes I have so far all seem to be addressed in the Current state & improvements and Feedback on the new site/forums threads in the Site & Forum Feedback subforum.

They’re all known and will likely be taken care of in the future. This just made my day.

And in other news: I like the birds in the garden as long as they don’t wake me up TOO early in the morning…
But since I need plenty of up close and annoyingly LOUD alarms to be woken up in the morning, the birds don’t bother me. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

This is completely random but when is our next community playthrough? I had fun with Discworld Noir! Grin

Currently playing: Starcraft II
Recently finished: Resonance, Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Diablo 3

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2003-09-21

PM

There’s a thread here, looking like it’ll be The Pandora Directive.

Right or wrong, weak or strong.

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sweet, didn’t see that, thanks.

Currently playing: Starcraft II
Recently finished: Resonance, Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Diablo 3

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Wow, maybe I’ll join. Haven’t played that in ages. Can it run in DosBox?

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2003-09-21

PM

I’m pretty sure the GOG version uses DosBox, so I assume that means the original would too? (Correct me if I’m wrong. Tongue)

Right or wrong, weak or strong.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Forget the birds, what gets me are all the bees & wasps outside, gardens or otherwise.

A few years ago, Mrs Degree and I went for a walk up on beachy head (not too far from Hastings as it goes) and I was swarmed by massive bees or wasps or something similar. Luckily they weren’t attacking me but I had what felt like hundreds (but was probably really only about 20/30 or so) crawling all over me. Long story short, as I was far too scared to swat them away, I had no idea what to do other than keep walking and hope they went away, which they eventually did.

Mrs Degree was much braver about the whole thing than I was, although to be fair, she wasn’t the one covered in bees!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top