• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoluckyloserSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

User reviews and ratings not showing

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2015-07-31

PM

Hi all,

None of my reviews or ratings ever show up. I get the message that they’ve been taken into account, but I never see them, even several days afterwards, be it in the game’s page or in my personnal ratings list.
I found a year old topic on this subject and posted there but didn’t got a response, and reading it I still don’t know what to do, not sure if the problem is on my end or not.
As an example I posted a review on The Invisble Hours a few days ago.
I use Windows and Firefox.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Thanks for reporting this, I’ll investigate what’s going on!

Could you let me know _where_ exactly you typically add your rating? That should help me debug things faster.

Joined 2015-07-31

PM

Mostly from the review page where I click on “write review” or add a rating directly. I’ve also tried from the user’s ratings page. Thx

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Could you share and example link to a page you’ve used?

Joined 2015-07-31

PM

CaliMonk - 18 October 2019 04:31 PM

Could you share and example link to a page you’ve used?

Like after I push the submit button or just a regular review page?

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Just example review page you used recently and where on the page you use the add review button (bottom I presume). Think I might have something.

Joined 2015-07-31

PM

invisible hours
I clicked on the “Write Review” button just below “Our Verdict”, in the “Reader Opinions” line.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

I’ve done several test, even mimicking your account, but I appear to be able to add reviews just fine. This leads me to believe it might be something that you’re writing in the actual review (some characters perhaps?) that are (wrongfully) throwing the system off.

Could you share with me an example of the actual review you’re adding at for instance the “Invisible Hours” page?

By the way, you do see your reviews from 2018 here, right?
https://adventuregamers.com/ratings/user/26224

Joined 2015-07-31

PM

CaliMonk - 21 October 2019 04:08 AM

Could you share with me an example of the actual review you’re adding at for instance the “Invisible Hours” page?

I lost that review in the process, didn’t save it anywhere else. I’ll write another and keep you updated. do you want the text in here?
In the mean time, I noticed something, I tried to add a simple rating to Broken Sword 1, and here is the page it got me to : https://adventuregamers.com/ratings/thanks_nomod On the right, it says “Guest”, although I’m logged in the site. (And it doesn’t show in my ratings)

CaliMonk - 21 October 2019 04:08 AM

By the way, you do see your reviews from 2018 here, right?
https://adventuregamers.com/ratings/user/26224

Yes I can see those.

Joined 2015-07-31

PM

I’ve tried to add another review for Broken Sword Director’s Cut. The address was : https://adventuregamers.com/ratings/new/16674 and it’s not showing. I have the text this time.
I noticed that generaly on the site my navigator seems to keep on charging the page for ages even when it’s fully displayed.
Do I put the text in here?

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

You can put the text here yea. The ‘guest’ notice you found is unrelated to this, but please do keep noticing things like this.

What browser do you use?

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Actually I don’t need your Broken Sword post, I have it (added some debugging) but also see it’s not showing up. Will look into it

Joined 2015-07-31

PM

Nice that it actually ends up somewhere.
I use Firefox.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Apologies that this happens to you regardless. I’m still investigating as it should by all means work properly, bear with me while I resolve this.

Joined 2015-07-31

PM

No apologies needed. Take all the time you need. Thank you for your eagerness to help!
I’ll be here if you need more information.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

I was finally able to figure out what was causing this.. I’ve re-added the last review you send (as I received a copy of that one for Broken Sword) but I’m afraid any other ones you’ve added I cannot recover.

Would you be willing to test reviewing/rating 1 game again?

In the end it was a bug in the module we use for Reviews/Ratings, it couldn’t cope with IPv6 IP addresses and would silently fail… I fixed that now!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top