• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieDaleIronCretinJdawg445kanaifurtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Getting my roland Mt-32 to play old games through dosbox

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2015-10-23

PM

Hi I have a Roland mt-32 and I would like to play old games through dosbox. I have attached both cables to my computer and I have applied 1 to midi config in the dosbox configuration file. And have put the mt32 driver to the resource.cfg file in the sierra game I am testing on. When I play the game through dosbox the blue light flashes on the cable but there is no sound and no game words show up on the mt32 box any help appreciated.

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Hello,

First thing I have to say, I’m reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaalllly jealous and really really want an MT32.

Now that I’ve got that out of the way.
I don’t really know too much about connecting it for dosbox, but I’d suggest you head over to Vogons and ask them, they seem to know whats up with this kind of thing.

Best of luck! And please do tell us how it goes, and what works.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Joined 2015-10-23

PM

Hello My roland mt-32 works fine. I had put the midi cables round the wrong way and then I had to get the sound going by going to control panel to enable the line in.

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Col - 11 October 2017 08:34 PM

Hello My roland mt-32 works fine. I had put the midi cables round the wrong way and then I had to get the sound going by going to control panel to enable the line in.

Awesome! I’m glad you got it figured, sounds like a problem that would be easy to miss.

Joined 2015-10-23

PM

One other thing for any one using a roland mt-32. I have found the roland um-one mk2 cable
produces a pleasing result.

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Thats a neat little device, it looks like it would also work with my piano.

Thanks for the info!

Joined 2015-10-23

PM

You’re welcome and thank you for the link to the message board.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top