• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DalediegoLady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Recent movies seen

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finally saw Logan. Brilliant movie, powerful themes and a great sendoff to 2 of the best characters of the original Xmen movies. Glad that Hugh Jackman got to make Old Man Logan, he was always great in the character even if the movies sucked sometimes (X3; Wolverine Origins). Patrick Stewart also very good perfomance.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Dunkirk - 4.5/5

Nolan delivers again, and again, and again. And Dunkirk is no exception.
I think I summed it up pretty nicely when the credits started rolling: “Well, that was intense…”
Superb movie, made even more intense by the relentless, nerve-wracking soundtrack by Zimmer (who wisely passed up Pirates 5 for this).
The airplane dogfights are some of the best I’ve ever seen on film.
Brilliant performance by Mark Rylance as well.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Alien:Covenant

Better than last film, some explanations some more questions
Highlight was action scenes, CG was not realistic but had cool alien renders, shiny shiny surfaces and blood effects like some video game CG, liked the look of it

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

My biggest regret in terms of watching films in cinema, is that I never saw The Fifth Element on the big screen 20 years ago. This has now been somewhat remedied. The early exploratory shots of the Alpha station are possibly the closest thing I’ll ever get to the first glimpse of the metropolitan traffic layers in The Fifth Element in terms of sheer epicness.

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - 3.5/5

Visually stunning, quirky and entertaining, this is a well-made film that *really* needs to be seen on the big screen. The effects are splendidly done, and it’s overall a very solid film.
The style and feel of Valerian make it - as expected - very much a spiritual successor to the insanely awesome The Fifth Element. And while it may not be as good in comparison, this is still a fun film, set in a universe that I wouldn’t mind revisiting in the future.
Too bad the poor box office is nixing all sequel plans (and could very well mean the end of Europa Corp.). The final result deserved better, imo.
A lack of bankable leading actors? The poor man’s Leo DiCaprio and the model with the eyebrows aren’t exactly drawing in crowds by themselves…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

IT

Thank YOU Andy Muschietti.

This is how you make a King movie adaption.

They split the two timelines from the book and so this film just deals with the kids timeline in Derry, Maine.

A coming of age story for a bunch of young kids, bullied by older kids and within their own homes. They get drawn together and form the Losers club. Friends growing up in the late 80’s in a town where kids are going missing, each of them meet Pennywise the Dancing Clown a horrific force that appears to only kids and feeds on their greatest fear.

The cast is great, the music scary, the story sends a chill down your spine (and not just from Pennywise) and Starsgard is fantastically creepy.

Loved it

5/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

thats good news, good news indeed!!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Mother

Great acting by lawrence and ed/michelle but overall very pretentious and gimmicky
Like hey lets shock people to get attention, felt forced
Themes came off as deliberate

Can catch you offguard in gimmick if you are not accustomed to better japanese or korean disturbing shock horror films

Javier over acted

2/5

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Blade Runner 2049

Good movie which could have done without Bladerunner tag
Lots of safe play in plot and visuals, feels less chaotic for a cyberpunk
Plot inconsistencies
Running length is far too much which would have helped if it was filled with twists
Twists were predictable
Sepia tone and other screenplay elements/scenes are directly ripped from DeusEx HR and GiTS Stand alone complex and Gits Innocence
Deakins cinematography was ace but again there is more post production CG than organic practical effects and his skill(like in Sicario) is muddled
I dont know if Syd Mead’s vision/outlook they were trying to mimic or not, felt off at times
Gosling,Jared,Claire underwood didnt look out of place at all,Ana was fan service
Actions scenes were poor
Sets with sidecast people walking trying to create Cpunk outlook were really poor, you can tell they are acting on sets and sets feel set = immersion breaking

Could have been worse, its not close to classic, that was mind expanding and early adopter, this had tall order , not bad but not a mess like Prometheus
Better than Arrival or Enemy but weaker than Sicario or Prisoners

3.5/5

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I wonder how many endings been shot before this release,easy the spawn five,six more of them.But ending such a crowd pleaser producers first wants to earn big and director’s first thing in mind wants to regenerate more sequels or prequels then.So you might ask what’s wrong with that?

Alas,2049 basically have a comic book style screenplay; there are certain good guys and obvious bad guys. When you remember cerebral grey characters of BR 2019 why would take a side emotionally ?

Some other things that seems not important anymore; soundtrack mostly plays from the old one,visual design kept at minimum darker than ever and adds nothing new except,holo companions!

Attempt to turning an art movie into a blockbuster hope works out ,who created the first didn’t earn much back then but was it the idea?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gabe - 06 October 2017 03:23 PM

I wonder how many endings been shot before this release,easy the spawn five,six more of them.But ending such a crowd pleaser producers first wants to earn big and director’s first thing in mind wants to regenerate more sequels or prequels then.So you might ask what’s wrong with that?

It seems like it can get another sequel, Ridley at helm of affairs can suggest so like he did with Aliens, however Ridley can go for original Gladiator and Kingdomofheaven too for blockbuster approach as well as giving classic at the same time

Alas,2049 basically have a comic book style screenplay; there are certain good guys and obvious bad guys. When you remember cerebral grey characters of BR 2019 why would take a side emotionally ?

Still cerebral for many as to what scene implied as there are no direct answers
Like Deckard identity as replicant still up in the air
Issue is amount of Cyberpunk in media after original, too many
We have grown and so our expectations and Cpunk genre has to play with certain rules while still bringing new to the table

Some other things that seems not important anymore; soundtrack mostly plays from the old one,visual design kept at minimum darker than ever and adds nothing new except,holo companions!

Not to mention Vangelis music became default for Cpunk, them synths and for sequels that brought more nostalgia factor than say presence of Harrison ford
Yes music is decent fit for sequel but hardly iconic or standout

Attempt to turning an art movie into a blockbuster hope works out ,who created the first didn’t earn much back then but was it the idea?

Lets see the box office response but Bladerunner original was some heavy critical hit
Nolan makes sure of it to show Bladerunner to his cast and staff, and it was always revered…its still magical but yes 50% of its magic was Vangelis music

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

nomadsoul - 07 October 2017 08:20 AM

I dont know how it’s still up in the air,Scott said he intended to release with unicorn dream and elevator ending and did that with d.c.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gabe - 07 October 2017 09:25 AM
nomadsoul - 07 October 2017 08:20 AM

I dont know how it’s still up in the air,Scott said he intended to release with unicorn dream and elevator ending and did that with d.c.

2049 didnt answer that because Denise wanted that to be up for question even though Ridley wanted otherwise

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Well, new Blade Runner is not off to a good start at the box office so that falls in line with the first. Great that WB funded it.
Don’t really care since it doesn’t need another sequel immediately, saw it today and loved it, 5/5 for me. Seems to live up to the first one but hard to compare a movie I saw a lot of times growing up and one I only saw once.
Bring on Dune, Denis (if someone puts the money on it now).

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

Not surprised Blade Runner is struggling. It fits that mold of being good, but not a huge seller perfectly like many other products out there. It’s a shame to see, as I personally feel the film industry has sort of peaked - just like music - and at least this was something different.

That’s not to say good stuff doesn’t come out of the film/music industry, but I can’t see anything really getting close to what we’ve seen before. I mean, for example, the biggest things right now are comic book films or old films/shows banking on nostalgia.

I think that’s why I’ve pulled to gaming more. Big budget or no budget, very different ideas and genre’s can be mashed together to create something very different.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 07 October 2017 08:34 PM

Well, new Blade Runner is not off to a good start at the box office so that falls in line with the first.

WHO CARES blade runner the original, was out cinema’s after a week of launching, and look how 2 generations were effected and cherished it more anything that that might had made thousands of millions, i am just surprised why R.Scott was behind it but not directing… but the new director is amazing all the way, anyways.

5/5 too.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top