• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Annual Academy Awards Ballot thread

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

TimovieMan - 26 February 2016 07:23 AM

It’s that time of the year again.

Here’s my list of which white people nominees I think will win:

Best Picture
The Revenant

Best Director
Alejandro González Iñárritu - The Revenant

Best Actor
Leonardo DiCaprio - The Revenant

Best Actress
Brie Larson - Room

Best Supporting Actor
Sylvester Stallone - Creed

Best Supporting Actress
Alicia Vikander - The Danish Girl

Best Original Screenplay
Spotlight

Best Adapted Screenplay
The Big Short

Best Cinematography
The Revenant

Best Costume Design
Mad Max: Fury Road

Best Makeup

Best Production Design

Best Film Editing

Best Sound Editing

Best Sound Mixing

Best Visual Effects
Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Best Original Score
The Hateful Eight

Best Original Song
Til It Happens to You - The Hunting Ground

Best Animated Feature
Inside Out

Best Foreign Language Film
Son of Saul

Best Documentary Feature
Amy

Best Animated Short
Sanjay’s Super Team

Best Live Action Short
Ave Maria

Best Documentary Short
Body Team 12

Basically, The Revenant takes the big categories (with back-to-back Oscars for Iñárritu and three-in-a-row for Mexican directors!), and Mad Max takes the smaller technical ones.

17/24 - your slipping Ti.

Best Picture and supporting Actor were a slight surprise. That dreadful Sam Smith song won Frown and No Star Wars SPecial Effects Trophy   Pan

Overall a great night for Mad Max winning the most (all be it all techy) Oscars.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 26 February 2016 01:56 PM

AHH, how i wish, HOW I WISH!, but to tell you the truth, it aint gonna happen, when i saw him given the GG, i was more convinced it will never happen, even the way he received it, showed (at his speech) that he believes it too, as they are saying it to him “ok!, you can have a GG, but never an Oscar” Frown

Ha, Leo finally has his Oscar! Cool

Pulled an all-nighter to watch the show. Mocking the white/black controversy was fun, but all in all it was a rather tame show. Is Chris Rock losing his edge?

It appeared to me that Morgan Freeman was surprised as well, with the way he looked and said “Spotlight” as the Best Picture winner.

Back-to-back Best Picture wins for Michael Keaton. Way to revitalize his career!

And I’m glad Tom McCarthy won for his Spotlight script. He’s a very solid writer/director, and I’ve liked his previous films (if you haven’t seen them, please check out The Visitor and The Station Agent - the latter shows that Peter Dinklage is a LOT more than just Tyrion Lannister, superb actor).

I can’t believe this was only the first win for Ennio Morricone. He should’ve gotten a standing ovation, imo. I consider him John Williams-level - a class above the rest.

Lucien21 - 29 February 2016 02:06 AM

17/24 - your slipping Ti.

More upsets than usual. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 29 February 2016 05:37 AM
Advie - 26 February 2016 01:56 PM

AHH, how i wish, HOW I WISH!, but to tell you the truth, it aint gonna happen, when i saw him given the GG, i was more convinced it will never happen, even the way he received it, showed (at his speech) that he believes it too, as they are saying it to him “ok!, you can have a GG, but never an Oscar” Frown

Ha, Leo finally has his Oscar! Cool

Grin

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 29 February 2016 05:37 AM

Pulled an all-nighter to watch the show. Mocking the white/black controversy was fun, but all in all it was a rather tame show. Is Chris Rock losing his edge?

Rather tame? He was no agressive Ricky Gervais but he talked about lynching, cops killings, Rihanna’s panties, it was all about racism. For the usual Oscar snooze is was very risque.

The ceremony was more enjoyable than usual, except for the musical acts… So boring

Morgan Freeman did sound very surprised to read Spotlight, them again, I don’t think anybody thought it has a chance at that point.

Geroge Miller nor winning best director was the biggest facepalm of the night, who directed all those technical achievements awards? Smile

Advie - 29 February 2016 08:45 AM

Grin

Hooray for Leo, that is one classy dude. Deserved

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

17/24 for me too. I`ve participated in a contest where the prize was a huge plasma tv and the winner got 20 correct. So… freaking… close…

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Abnaxus - 01 March 2016 05:35 PM

17/24 for me too. I`ve participated in a contest where the prize was a huge plasma tv and the winner got 20 correct. So… freaking… close…

hah, well, high score lasts forever ma friend!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 29 February 2016 10:40 AM
Advie - 29 February 2016 08:45 AM

Grin

Hooray for Leo, that is one classy dude. Deserved

HoO0rRaAyyyy!

But the hell with this reporter(asking Leo) which had turned out be from Ahem*  EGYPT!!
I couldnt have guessed, never had it crossed my mind until i figured how this Leo-reporter-silly question incident is trending right now here!... Man!.
MAN! Do you get (just a glimpse) How this to show how corrupted the system is?..... ;
let me elaborate; of all the VERY-well-educated youngsters (and they are more than 20% of the youth population) good enough to play a better role, were pushed away for the sake this silly reporter which i believe she had gotten this opportunity for the sake of a close relative of her, or maybe her father,  which is (probably) a military high-rank officer/personal or similar!

bottomline: its a shame!, how our media is setting this terrible example of our youth with that stupid and silly reporter, when there are other millions, ‘yeah millions’ definitely more deserving and appropriate to have better chance of presenting Egypt at the red carpet (nevertheless, setting an example) when covering such an important event as the Oscars Mini Frown  Shifty Eyed

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Hey, it`s the Timovieman it`s going to win anyway oscar predictions time of the year again:

Best Picture
La La Land

Best Director
Damien Chazelle

Best Actor
Casey Affleck

Best Actress
Emma Stone

Best Supporting Actor
Mahershala Ali

Best Supporting Actress
Viola Davis

Best Original Screenplay
La La Land

Best Adapted Screenplay
Moonlight

Best Cinematography
La La Land

Best Costume Design
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Best Makeup
Star Trek Beyond

Best Production Design
La La Land

Best Film Editing
La La Land

Best Sound Editing
Hacksaw Ridge

Best Sound Mixing
La La Land

Best Visual Effects
The Jungle Book

Best Original Score
La La Land

Best Original Song
La La Land

Best Animated Feature
Zootopia

Best Foreign Language Film
The Salesman

Best Documentary Feature
O.J.: Made In America

Best Animated Short
Piper

Best Live Action Short
Ennemis intérieurs

Best Documentary Short
The White Helmets

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Rooting for,
Hacksaw Ridge
Hell or High Water
Manchester by the Sea
Moonlight
Fences

In main drama categories, film drama and actors

Lala is more suited for musical

Casey to denzel all were better than gosling, hope they win over him

Casey was charged with sexual charges so i wonder if he will win
MAli and moonlight is a hot choice just for current political hollywood stance

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m not going to vote because I haven’t seen enough of the movies, but I will be watching tonight.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Yeah my favs topped the floor, also good for Emma

@abnaxus

You got most right except blahblahland

Really happy for Casey, he has natural acting talent

edit

btw you guys have to check the epic fail

Not good of kimmel to throw poor old guy under the bus
Glad steve cleared up

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

1st year in a long time I don’t watch it live and and the most entertaining stuff happens Frown what a mess that ending!
On the other side, watching it the next morning is cool being able to fast forward all those breaks and musical acts

nomadsoul - 27 February 2017 01:06 AM

Yeah my favs topped the floor, also good for Emma

@abnaxus

You got most right except blahblahland

Really happy for Casey, he has natural acting talent

edit

btw you guys have to check the epic fail

Not good of kimmel to throw poor old guy under the bus
Glad steve cleared up

I think Kimmel was throwing him under the bus, just making light of the situation. I think Kimmel did a good job the whole show, it was mostly funny.

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

17/24 just like last year. I am curious what Timovieman would have picked for best movie but I guess he was busy.
For me this was a bad year when it comes to cinema, and the oscar movies were no exception… maybe Arrival saved the face of Hollywood, the only one I will remember after a year from now.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

That ending was the epitome of a cluster f***!  I didn’t see La La Land nor Moonlight, but that wasn’t fair to either company.  It’s one thing to not make it, but to think you have won and then get it snatched away is doubly disappointing.  Also, the real winners didn’t get acknowleded the way they should have.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Abnaxus - 27 February 2017 01:10 PM

maybe Arrival saved the face of Hollywood, the only one I will remember after a year from now

You gotta check The witch and Nocturnal animals

Hollywood as a whole is past its prime

Was watching Training Day on cable again the otherday and man them movies aint made nomore

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top