• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretinJdawg445Lady KestrelTimovieManwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Beneath a Steel Sky: Saved game, anyone?

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

I’ve tried playing this (supposedly awesome) game at least a half dozen times, and I always got frustrated and quit after an hour of trying to simultaneously press the power plant buttons with Joey so I could distract the old man in the power plant. For some reason I could never get the timing down….even slowing the game controls all the way down didn’t help.

Once again I’m only 20-30 minutes into the game and I can’t progress past this point. Does anyone here have a saved game right after this point they could send me (in a PM) somehow? I found a “saved games” site on the internets, but I’m leery of downloading files from it as I kind of think it might be like an abandonware site.

Any help would be appreciated!

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I think downloading Saved Games might be okay both from a security perspective (don’t think you can infect them with malware) and from a legal (the saved games aren’t “abandonware”).

I probably have save games on my computer since I’ve played it and I always keep save games when uninstalling GOG games, but I can’t find them. If you tell me where the folder is, I can send you mine and maybe one will fit.

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Thanks for the offer, Antrax!

As it turns out, I won’t need a save game like I thought. After all these years of trying to get past that point, I finally broke down and consulted the Universal Hint System and found out I had been overlooking one key, idiotically minor task that I needed to complete before Joey and I could mash those buttons. I didn’t realize I needed to use the wrench on them to remove their covers so we had access to push them. Once I did that, there was no timing issue and I was able to move on! And I thought I was a seasoned adventurer…boy do I feel dumb!

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top