• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Vaping Laws

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Do they affect any of the members here?

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

*googles furiously*

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Yep, they’ve totally screwed me as I mix my own flavourless liquid. 

Ironically, but unsurprisingly, it will affect my ability to vape as healthily as possible.

I will say I think the purity testing is a good thing (even with it driving prices up).

The other upside of my own mixing was that it was costing under €10 a month to produce the liquid, and I’m a heavy vaper.  That will now sky-rocket.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

What are the new vaping laws? Does seem like something in need of being regulated

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

1. Maximum tank capacity will be 2ml Arbitrary and stupid
2. Liquids will undergo stricter testing Good
3. Certain additives are banned Fine
4. Flavours and recipes must use ingredients of high purity Good
5. Advertising restrictions Good
6. Devices must be fully child proof Good
7. E-liquids can not be sold in quantities greater than 10ml Arbitrary and stupid
8. Unless registered as a medicine, e-liquids can not have a nicotine strength of more than 20mg/ml. Reasonable but overarching and totally screws DIY mixers
9. All e-cigarettes and e-liquids must be registered before they can be sold. Fine

A lot of the positives are obviously subject to execution and undoubtedly some will be poorly handled.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Like dumbeur I find that many of the rules are arbitrary and stupid whereas others are perfectly fine, it is however more a question of minor inconveniences and not major restrictions.

dumbeur - 22 May 2017 04:17 PM

8. Unless registered as a medicine, e-liquids can not have a nicotine strength of more than 20mg/ml. Reasonable but overarching and totally screws DIY mixers

I’m perfectly fine with this. Normal cigarettes are also restricted as to how strong they can be, and no sane person would vape higher concentrations anyway.

It does however make it a bit more expensive to mix yourself, as you typical buy the nicotine base at higher concentrations than you vape, and then mix it with non-nicotine base to the desired concentration.

7. E-liquids can not be sold in quantities greater than 10ml Arbitrary and stupid

A rather silly restriction that doesn’t really make sense, but also only a minor inconvenience.
There is nothing to prevent you from buying 3-10 or for that matter a 1000 10ml bottles at the same time, nor is there anything that prevents the retailers giving you a bulk discount, or for that matter preventing you from rebottling it to larger flasks yourself Meh
All it does is produce more plastic! 

1. Maximum tank capacity will be 2ml Arbitrary and stupid

This is actually the biggest restriction as most tanks have a larger capacity, typical 3-4ml. I also don’t know what they were thinking? Do they expect that people will think “oh no, my tank has run dry, now I can’t vape anymore today as I’m only allowed one refill per day!” Confused

9. All e-cigarettes and e-liquids must be registered before they can be sold. Fine

Generally a good thing - BUT the registration is not a general EU registration, instead it has to be done separately in each country, and as it also costs money then it might mean that not all manufacturers will register all their products in all countries and especially not in small countries like where I live.
Also not sure how it will affect small shops that mix their own juice.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Iznogood - 23 May 2017 12:01 PM

I’m perfectly fine with this. Normal cigarettes are also restricted as to how strong they can be, and no sane person would vape higher concentrations anyway.

It does however make it a bit more expensive to mix yourself, as you typical buy the nicotine base at higher concentrations than you vape, and then mix it with non-nicotine base to the desired concentration.

My assumption is that the DIY market will die when this law is combined with the 10ml maximum, making it very difficult to get flavourless base.  Still it gives me an excuse to smoke flavours again and the cost is still a fraction of actual cigarettes. Smile

Generally a good thing - BUT the registration is not a general EU registration, instead it has to be done separately in each country, and as it also costs money then it might mean that not all manufacturers will register all their products in all countries and especially not in small countries like where I live.
Also not sure how it will affect small shops that mix their own juice.

Agree this is one of the regulations that if handled poorly could be a real PITA.

I suspect a lot of us will just end up ordering stuff from China anyway…

I was mildly furious when I wrote my response yesterday but still tried to be measured. Tongue

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

dumbeur - 23 May 2017 12:14 PM

My assumption is that the DIY market will die when this law is combined with the 10ml maximum, making it very difficult to get flavourless base.  Still it gives me an excuse to smoke flavours again and the cost is still a fraction of actual cigarettes. Smile

Perhaps - but I don’t think so.
In fact a few days ago I order some DIY base that I believe follow the new rules. What I get is one large bottle with non-nicotine base and 10 10ml bottles of 18mg base, the idea being that I just pour all the small bottles into the big bottle myself (and add flavours), and it is still much cheaper than buying pre-mixed juice. Not to mention that you have many more options regarding PG/VG mix and flavours.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Ah, that’s good to know. 

We’re a bit backwards here in Ireland so it may take us a while to catch up, but that’s a reasonable solution.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top