• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

TimovieMan is in the well!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

For my milestone 5000th AG post (yes, I added my posts from the archives) I wanted to do something special, so I borrowed stole an idea from a forum I used to frequent several years ago: the well!

A stranger is being shown around a village that he has just become a part of. He is shown a well, and his guide says: “On any day except Tuesday, you can shout any question down that well, and you’ll be told the answer.”
The man seems very impressed, and so he shouts down: “Why not on Tuesday?” and the voice from in the well shouts back: “Because, on Tuesday, it’s your day in the well.”

In this thread, I’ll be “in the well”, which simply means that I’ll answer any question you might have to the best of my ability, whether it’s personal, about AGs, or any other topic.

So… shout away!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Why did you become a mod?
Do you like modding?
How many games do you play a year?
When are you going to play the last express?
How is Zoe doing?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 15 October 2014 06:02 PM

Why did you become a mod?

Because Jackal asked me if I wanted to become one. Tongue
I didn’t have to think twice before accepting.
Plus I was always reporting spam anyway, so becoming a mod and being able to nuke spam myself was convenient. Grin

I also enjoy the high that a moderator power trip gives. Naughty

And in case it wasn’t obvious: that last sentence was a joke. Crazy

Do you like modding?

Of course I do!
I generally like being helpful, especially if I also like the community. I feel that you can do that best as a “present” moderator (and by ‘present’ I mean one that’s highly active as a member as well, not one who just operates from behind the scenes), so obviously that’s the mod style I’m going for…
This isn’t the first forum I’ve been a mod at, btw. I was also one for several years on a now-defunct Belgian site that had a similar level of activity as this one. That was a decade ago, though.

How many games do you play a year?

15-20 sounds like a correct average. It depends on the amount of non-AGs I play, since those tend to be either RPGs, sports or turn-based strategy games and those tend to take a long while to finish or get bored with (leaving less time for other games).
It’s been significantly less since Zoë‘s been born, though. Took me a while to work some game-time into my daily routine again. And that’s not going to improve once TimovieBoy is born, either.

When are you going to play the last express?

Well, it’s the very first AG I tackle after I finish IHNMAIMS and Area-X (and now the two new community playthroughs as well). Hopefully in 2015, but I thought it’d undoubtedly be in 2014 last year, so I can’t be certain. Meh

How is Zoe doing?

It’s Zoë. Wink
She’s great! She had her first birthday two weeks ago, she’s growing well, she made her first steps about a month ago and hasn’t looked back to crawling since, and she can charm the heck out of me (which is a potential weakness on my part that I’ll have to be wary of in the future Tongue).
We’ve always had difficulties getting her to eat enough, though, which has been stressful at times. Spending an hour per feeding without any results to show for it can wear you down. Nowadays it’s mostly her first and last feedings of the day that often go badly, but since she’s still growing like a normal healthy baby toddler, we’ve long stopped stressing about it.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Wow, 15-20 games a year, with all the modding, a charmer daughter on your hands, second child on the way… so here’s my last question: How do you find time to watch movies?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 16 October 2014 04:59 AM

Wow, 15-20 games a year, with all the modding, a charmer daughter on your hands, second child on the way… so here’s my last question: How do you find time to watch movies?

I hardly do these days. Frown
My visits to the cinema have dropped to their lowest point in 20 years (which is since I started going regularly) with 9 movies this year. In comparison: in 2005 I saw a whopping 108 movies in cinema.
And it’s not like I watch a lot of DVDs anymore either. At most I catch glimpses of movies that are being shown on TV, without watching them fully…

I’ve always considered myself a movie buff first, and gamer second. When my free time started dwindling, I gave up on a few other interests (I hardly ever read books anymore, and I don’t really follow the music scene anymore). What surprised me is that in recent years I’ve been giving up movies more to retain the gaming…
Although that’s subjective, I still see more than 50 films per year, it’s just a far cry from the 500+ that I used to watch 10-15 years ago…

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Thinking hard to ask hard questions, will come back Tongue

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Why will Belgium build new power plants when we have a few brand new spare ones here? They’ve never even been used! Wink

Oh, and how come your comedians are funnier than ours?

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

What is your name?
What is your quest?
What is your favorite colour?
What is the capital of Assyria?
What is the air speed velocity of an unladen European swallow?
Why is it that you never nominated yourself as a playthrough leader (even before the admin status, Zoë‘s birth, etc)?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 17 October 2014 04:01 PM

Why will Belgium build new power plants when we have a few brand new spare ones here? They’ve never even been used! Wink

Where did you hear/read that?
No idea why our government would do that. I thought the latest news was that they’ll still be closing the nuclear power plants as scheduled. They may perhaps still decide to keep one or two of them open for a while longer, but building a new one is (or at least was supposed to be) out of the quesion.
And for the rest, the only non-renewable energy plants they’re planning on building are meant to replace outdated ones (and those are gas plants only).

Why do you have brand new spare ones? Who dropped the ball there? Tongue

Maybe you should start them up and use them, so we can buy the energy. We’re supposedly going to have some energy supply difficulties this winter (due to a couple of nuclear plants unexpectedly dropping out for maintenance)...

Oh, and how come your comedians are funnier than ours?

My guess would be because the Dutch comedy scene has passed its peak and we’re now hitting ours?

The best comedians in the 70s, 80s and 90s have all been Dutch, imo (Toon Hermans, Youp van’t Hek, Herman Finkers, Wim Sonneveld, Freek de Jonge/Neerlands Hoop in Bange Dagen, Hans Theeuwen, Theo Maassen, etc.), while we really only had Urbanus.
In fact, quite possibly my favourite comedy show of all time is Harrie Jekkers’ “Het Geheim van de Lachende Piccolo”, and that’s Dutch. Thumbs Up

This past decade, though, we have had an onslaught of good young comedians (Wim Helsen, Wouter Deprez, Alex Agnew, Philippe Geubels, Gili, Piv Huvluv, personal favourite Xander De Rycke, etc.) while it seems like you’ve only had Najib Amhali who’s really good.
Although I admit that this could just be appearances, as we’re likely not seeing as many Dutch comedians as we used to (since we have an ample supply of our own these days)... Cool

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sefir - 17 October 2014 04:46 PM

What is your name?

Want me to answer truthfully, or should I just quote Monty Python? Tongue

It’s Timothy Warlop, btw.

What is your quest?

To raise little Zoë and her little brother-to-be as best I can while enjoying life as much as I can.

What is your favorite colour?

Blue. (seriously)

What is the capital of Assyria?

There were four: Ashur, Calah, Dur Sharrukin, and Nineveh. (*)

What is the air speed velocity of an unladen European swallow?

About 24 miles per hour. (*)

Why is it that you never nominated yourself as a playthrough leader (even before the admin status, Zoë‘s birth, etc)?

Zoë‘s birth is an excuse, the admin status isn’t. Reason is simple, though: I hadn’t played any of the nominated games before (and if I had it was either over fifteen years ago, or they already had a leader).

(*) I had to Google these. Otherwise I’d surely been thrown off the bridge. Wink

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Well, well well,
I can ask whatever!!

How many sierra games you played, and was your first and when?
name one king quest that does not feature wells?
which is more funnier (you think) SQ Vs LSL?.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 20 October 2014 06:38 AM

How many sierra games you played,

KQ I-V-VI-VII, SQ I, LSL I-II-III-V-VI-VII, PQ II-SWAT, FPFP, GK I & Phantasmagoria.
I only finished 10 of those, though (KQ V-VI-VII, LSL I-V-VI-VII, FPFP, GK I & Phantasmagoria), but that’s mainly because I played most of these in my pre-internet days.

and was your first

Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards. The very first adventure game I ever played even!

and when?

When I got my first PC, which was in 1993.

name one king quest that does not feature wells?

No idea, really. Is there one without a well? Maybe King’s Quest II???

which is more funnier (you think) SQ Vs LSL?.

Definitely LSL. The LSL games are funny, whereas I personally have more fun at a funeral than with a SQ game.
But that’s personal. I hate the first SQ with a passion since it basically scarred me for life. I never even made it past that spider-robot-thingy on the first planet, despite persisting and trying again hundreds of times (loathing the game more and more with each attempt). It completely put me off the entire series.
So yeah, LSL! Grin

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

that was a tricky question there no King Quest without a well presented .

many here has LSL1 as there 1st adventure, me too tho I tried King Quest before it but it never grabbed me sraight, until I was finished with LSL and then I started playing them all.

thanks for answering Wink

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 20 October 2014 11:27 PM

that was a tricky question there no King Quest without a well presented .

Yeah, I thought that was a possibility. Tongue

thanks for answering Wink

I have to. I’m in the well. Grin Nerd

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

What’s your top 5 tv series of all time?

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

If you were stranded on an island, what are 3 things you would like to have?
What are some of your favorite foods?
Cake or Pie?
What are your 5 favorite video games of all time?
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top