• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordzwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Recent movies seen

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-05-20

PM

batman vs superman, i loved that movie!
Even went twice to the movies for that one.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Saw Xmen Apocalypse. A bit disappointed with some stuff like the Apocalypse and some Magneto points but still a good time. Was weary of the new Jean Grey but Sansa and the new Cyclops did a great job, also Nightcrawler. Quicksilver has another great scene (2 scenes actually). I can see why it’s more divisive than the last movie but I think most Xmen fans will enjoy it.

Current standings on the comic book movie saturated year:

Deadpool > Xmen > Civil War > Batman vs Superman

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 20 May 2016 02:13 PM

Saw Xmen Apocalypse. A bit disappointed with some stuff like the Apocalypse and some Magneto points but still a good time. Was weary of the new Jean Grey but Sansa and the new Cyclops did a great job, also Nightcrawler. Quicksilver has another great scene (2 scenes actually). I can see why it’s more divisive than the last movie but I think most Xmen fans will enjoy it.

Well the guy who played Cyclops is the Boy from The Mud.
He rocks

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 21 May 2016 06:42 AM

He rocks

And he has a Spielberg movie lined up after. Seems to be on the rise

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 21 May 2016 07:03 AM
nomadsoul - 21 May 2016 06:42 AM

He rocks

And he has a Spielberg movie lined up after. Seems to be on the rise

Yeah risinig talent, well deserved.

Mud got Mathhew back in the scene too, Nolan saw it , called Matthew to star in Interstellar.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Captain America: Civil War - 3/5

The amount of characters is taking on absurd proportions and there were a few that had me going “who’s this again?”. I’m looking at you, young miss Carter.
A surprising lack of Vision action in the airport battle sequence. Too powerful? Or assumed taken out easily by Scarlet Witch again?
Great casting decisions. William Hurt is back as Ross, Chadwick Boseman is promising as Black Panther, and Martin Freeman and Daniel Brühl are always good choices.
They totally NAILED Spider-Man with Tom Holland, imo. Took Sony to team up with Disney to get it absolutely right. Too bad it was just a small role now, but it’s VERY promising for (yet another) Spidey reboot!

Fun film. Oh, and also: Team Cap! Cool

Btw, is it me or did Don Cheadle look skinny? Was he still in Miles Davis mode during filming?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Zootopia 5/5

Up there amongst my fav animated movies like Ratatouille and probably one of the best buddy cop movies ever. Also one of the best pairings of two characters I have seen, or at least the way it was handled.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Ratatouille is my most favourite animated movie aswel!!
its magical , i feel so much energy each time i finish, and not that kinda positive inner energy,just ,  but real actual physical energy, like i can do anything,.... magical !!

gotta watch Zootopia

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ratatatouille fans! It is the most underrated Pixar movie. I love that movie.
Also haven’t seen Zootopia

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

The Witch

Great , different horror set in rural England, absolutely recommended if you guys love horror.

4/5

P.S: Dont watch the trailer

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2004-10-07

PM

wilco - 31 May 2016 07:11 AM

Ratatatouille fans! It is the most underrated Pixar movie. I love that movie.
Also haven’t seen Zootopia

I highly recommend Zootopia. Yes, it has predictable elements, but it doesn’t suffer from them. Also, it’s a kids movie, so it’s normal to stick to common tropes, and it has enough surprises to not make a TVtropes addict see through it completely.

For comparison: I was quite disappointed by “Despicable Me 2”, because it was way too predictable from the start. I really had hoped that other guy would turn out to be the villain, but no, it had to be the original one.
Zootopia on the other hand does everything right.

Also, it’s simply fun! Watch it. XD

- Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

- “esc(x) cot(x) dx = -csc(x)!” Dennis added, and the wizard’s robe caught on fire. “Gosh,” Dennis said, “and some people say higher math isn’t relevant.”

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Zootopia is a lot of fun.

4/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Warcraft movie are so bad… even worse than BvS, so disappointing

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 07 June 2016 07:42 PM

Warcraft movie are so bad… even worse than BvS, so disappointing

Poor Duncan…
Should go back to indies.

Wilco watch TheWitch, cant recommend enough…all of you guys its one of the best horror movie…more psychological but anyway…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

X-Men: Apocalypse - 2.5/5

This film makes the same mistake that The Last Stand made: the scale of events is just too big. I hate it when they do that. The smaller and more intimate these things are, the better.
But at least this film’s a lot better in general than The Last Stand.
Great young cast. Tye Sheridan makes a good Cyclops, and Kodi Smit-McPhee was hilarious as Nightcrawler. The “I’m blue!” remark had me in stitches.
And once again, Quicksilver’s big slo-mo scene is the high point of the film.

Waste of talent for Oscar Isaac who had little to work with.

Better than Bat V Supes, worse than Civil War and Deadpool.

Lookalike contest:
Josh Helman (Stryker) is a dead ringer for Seann William Scott, imo.
And Evan Peters (Quicksilver) could very easily pass for a young Malcolm McDowell.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top