• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Favorite TV shows

Poll: Most Overhyped
Total Votes: 42
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead
Mad Men

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 13 May 2015 08:54 AM

They cut all Cthulhu?!? Seems like they are cutting a lot Feast of Crows, makes sense since it’s about new characters most people don’t care.

Yeah, Dorne and Brienne’s journey are still there, but heavily compressed/modified, Sansa’s storyline is completely different, and the rest is essentially gone.

The only part from book 4 that’s more or less unchanged is:

which is plenty of fun.

About the guys on the boat, isn’t one of them the Targaryen descendant? They are not introducing him?

Tyrion has already been captured by Jorah and the guy hasn’t shown up yet (nor has an actor been announced), so I’d say those guys are out for now. They might introduce the characters in season 6 if they have something interesting to tell about them, I guess.

I’ve read they cut Zombie Catherine Stark from Season 4. Is she appearing now?

Nope. Maybe at the end of the season?

One more question, does the training of blind Arya show up?

They’ve shown a little bit of it. (She’s not blind yet, though.)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Kurufinwe - 13 May 2015 06:38 AM
nomadsoul - 11 May 2015 04:16 PM

Better Call Saul renewed, have to finish it.
Battlecreek got pwned lol, looks like Vince bet on the wrong horse.

Quite the contrary. He’s been running Better Call Saul, whereas his involvement with Battlecreek was limited to writing the pilot a decade ago.

(And you should finish Better Call Saul, it’s brilliant.)

Done, hints of brilliance yeah, but intense moments like Breaking bad are sporadic here.
Great cameos of videogame characters Trevor and Vaas caught me offguard.
Both were great, hope to see more of them.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 13 May 2015 10:28 AM
wilco - 13 May 2015 08:54 AM

They cut all Cthulhu?!? Seems like they are cutting a lot Feast of Crows, makes sense since it’s about new characters most people don’t care.

Yeah, Dorne and Brienne’s journey are still there, but heavily compressed/modified, Sansa’s storyline is completely different, and the rest is essentially gone.

Thanks, I was going to ask you what they did to the Sansa storyline but maybe I should just watch the show Smile (I stopped watching at season 2 because I was not liking most of the changes and the Tv scope)

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 13 May 2015 01:59 PM

Thanks, I was going to ask you what they did to the Sansa storyline but maybe I should just watch the show Smile (I stopped watching at season 2 because I was not liking most of the changes and the Tv scope)

Well, if you want to know, it looks like they’re essentially recycling the plot of the fake Arya getting married to PsychoBolton (and possibly getting rescued by Theon), except now it’s happening to the real Sansa instead of some girl we’ve never met before (with maybe Brienne playing the part of Theon’s sister in the book?). If you think about it, it’s not a bad move: they’re taking the story from the book, but making it about characters we actually care about. (Of course, that’s just based on half a season; I don’t know for certain where they’re going with this.)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 13 May 2015 02:09 PM

Well, if you want to know, it looks like they’re essentially recycling the plot of the fake Arya getting married to PsychoBolton (and possibly getting rescued by Theon), except now it’s happening to the real Sansa instead of some girl we’ve never met before. If you think about it, it’s not a bad move: they’re taking the story from the book, but making it about somebody we actually care about. (Of course, that’s just based on half a season; I don’t know for certain where they’re going with this.)

Whoa, that’s a lot of changes. If I remember correctly the fake Arya was previously part of the story (Jeyne Poole), and them using Sansa for the wedding… I don’t know, that seems really weird, how did she end up there after escaping with Little Finger not to mention they cut the whole Little Finger/Sansa/Lisa Arryn stuff?. And I thought a point of the Little Finger plan was nobody knowing Sansa was alive

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 13 May 2015 02:22 PM

Whoa, that’s a lot of changes. If I remember correctly the fake Arya was previously part of the story (Jeyne Poole), and them using Sansa for the wedding… I don’t know, that seems really weird, how did she end up there after escaping with Little Finger not to mention they cut the whole Little Finger/Sansa/Lisa Arryn stuff?. And I thought a point of the Little Finger plan was nobody knowing Sansa was alive

No, no, they did the whole thing with Lisa Arryn last season (and her horrible kid—this may be the single greatest gif in the entire Internet).

And now, Sansa getting married is part of Littlefinger’s plan (that she more or less agreed to). The show’s not completely clear on why it makes sense, but basically the idea is that, with Tywin dead, the need for secrecy is gone, and that the North will rally behind Sansa rather than the Boltons any day, so it’s a good move to have her in Winterfell, where Littlefinger thinks she’ll be able to outsmart the Boltons. Of course, the plan didn’t seem to take into account that Ramsay’s a psychopath…

I’m not saying this is the greatest thing ever, but I know that, as a reader, I couldn’t have cared less about what happened to Jeyne Poole, whereas Sansa is someone who matters and can make those developments more interesting.

(Also, at that point you should just watch the show!)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 13 May 2015 02:41 PM

No, no, they did the whole thing with Lisa Arryn last season (and her horrible kid—this may be the single greatest gif in the entire Internet).

Gasp amazing

And now, Sansa getting married is part of Littlefinger’s plan (that she more or less agreed to). The show’s not completely clear on why it makes sense, but basically the idea is that, with Tywin dead, the need for secrecy is gone, and that the North will rally behind Sansa rather than the Boltons any day, so it’s a good move to have her in Winterfell, where Littlefinger thinks she’ll be able to outsmart the Boltons. Of course, the plan didn’t seem to take into account that Ramsay’s a psychopath…

I’m not saying this is the greatest thing ever, but I know that, as a reader, I couldn’t have cared less about what happened to Jeyne Poole, whereas Sansa is someone who matters and can make those developments more interesting.

Well, they did say they’ll finish the show without the books, might as well go in a different way (like the Walking Dead).

(Also, at that point you should just watch the show!)

Yes, agreed.

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2015-04-29

PM

I’ve been more or less pleasantly surprised by the alterations between the books and the show for Game of Thrones. Feels good not knowing exactly where things are likely to go, so when a truly shocking moment happens - like the Red Wedding - I’ll end up feeling the full brunt of it instead of saying “Knew that was coming!”

Knee Deep swamp noir adventure: http://kneedeepgame.com

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

True Detective season 2

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 15 May 2015 04:02 PM

True Detective season 2

Vince = Boss
Colin = Handsome as ****
Taylor= Struggling Cop actor
Rachel= Intense, my body is Reggie Heart Eyes

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

Lucien21 - 15 May 2015 04:02 PM

True Detective season 2

Woohoo! I just can’t wait!

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Twin Peaks is BACK! (again)

Showtime president David Nevins on Friday confirmed the news: “Totally worth the extra brewing time and the cup is even bigger than we expected,” he said in a statement.

“David will direct the whole thing which will total more than the originally announced nine hours. Preproduction starts now!!”

F.K in the coffee Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ok, I’ve seen this season GoT episodes.

Everything in Dorne looks terrible and what is Jaime even doing there?.
Sansa storyline… Don’t like the changes, Littlefinger makes no sense. This last episode ending was a result of it. Sansa character actually evolved something in the books…
All those storylines cut… I would be ok with it if it made the show flow better, but no, the changes are making it worse. Plus the acting and sets are getting worse.

Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2015-04-29

PM

The Dorne stuff in GoT, beyond looking obviously like Spain, also makes very little plot or logistical sense. The Sand Snakes trying to kidnap (wait, wasn’t their goal to assassinate?) Myrcella in broad daylight was incredibly dumb, just as it was foolish for Jamie and Bronn to make their attempt during the day.

Excellent strategy, everyone!

And when it became obvious that the Sand Snakes had failed their original plan, they tried to drag Myrcella away instead of, say, killing her, because plot reasons.

On the other hand, the episode did give us the hilarious line: “The dwarf lives until we find a c**k merchant.”

Knee Deep swamp noir adventure: http://kneedeepgame.com

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Dorne!

and

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top