• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Recent movies seen

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/10/07/box-office-blade-runner-2049-bombs-with-disastrous-13m-friday/#767842e04f15

Thats brutal
No chinese actor might not even help overseas
This proves Rottentomatoes dont matter
And Ryan doesnt mean much for mainstream

@Advie

BR themes and other stuff was original back then
From this point on BR2049 will fade into existence , considering new millenials have no such taste nor lacking cyberpunk material
Remove the name and change it to Ghostintheshell keeping all stuff same but names of characters i bet even you would not see it

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

you dont need to stand against good things nomad to be someone different, but however your criticism is valid anyway, no one can stop ye from saying whatever you wanted

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I saw it on Saturday and loved it.

5/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 08 October 2017 07:39 AM

you dont need to stand against good things nomad to be someone different

I am same as others
You dont conform to the idea of TTG mechanic in sequels of game franchises you loved
Daedelic to KQ to genre itself (considering your posts and threads)
Also this site and others didnt rate Syberia3 as highly as Syberia 1

So yeah same case with me, 2049 is not in the same league

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

nomadsoul - 07 October 2017 09:49 AM
Gabe - 07 October 2017 09:25 AM
nomadsoul - 07 October 2017 08:20 AM

Still cerebral for many as to what scene implied as there are no direct answers
Like Deckard identity as replicant still up in the air

I dont know how it’s still up in the air,Scott said he intended to release with unicorn dream and elevator ending and did that with d.c.

2049 didnt answer that because Denise wanted that to be up for question even though Ridley wanted otherwise

Deckard is human and married in novel,with very limited use of source Scott made out a mess but a beatiful one that artistically engaging.If some one watch 2049 first that seems
to be a question then.
But if you want to create a real question lefts in the air, it should have been whether K or Ana was Deckard’s real child.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Advie - 08 October 2017 05:28 AM

WHO CARES .., i am just surprised why R.Scott was behind it but not directing… but the new director is amazing all the way, anyways.

5/5 too.

After all your buzz is this your review,did you watch the censored version?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gabe - 10 October 2017 01:44 AM

Deckard is human and married in novel,with very limited use of source Scott made out a mess but a beatiful one that artistically engaging.If some one watch 2049 first that seems
to be a question then.
But if you want to create a real question lefts in the air, it should have been whether K or Ana was Deckard’s real child.

Never read the novel
In interviews Ford said he is not , Denis said its vague and Ridley said he is
Some say Deckards eyes glow like Rachel in original film, that golden/yellow shine

Doc is def her daughter ,implied so, as well as the theme of replicants able to reproduce which is a threat

K is probably being planted with memories whoever had him programmed which is hinted but not directly, his existence seemed that of a catalyst to progress event

I think movie is playing with he themes of planted memories and reproduction of replicants more than anything

Btw the tropes i found similar
Whole replicants uprising and rebel nature ARC and Rucker plot of DX MD
Joi is Eliza of DX HR AND MDc and in some Animes where Holograms are your main goto activities or waifus
kids in sweatshop is from GiTS SAC episode and Innocence
Deckard in hiding like any old vet like say Solid snake in aslaska and authorities track him for last wet job
That humanoid mannequins scene is exact copy of DX HR boss fight intro

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gerald’s Game

Adaption at the level of Desperation and Under the dome, Gugino carried whole weight of the film on her shoulders, one room mostly, decent suspense
Not just a sexual object she usually portrays, good acting

3.5/5

IT

Liked Pennywise actor in Hemlock Grove and he steals the show
Disturbing and executed much better than i was prepared for
Must see and among best SK’s adaption

4.5/5

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Baby Driver - 3/5

Solid film, but nowhere near the masterpiece I’ve heard it described as. Even the “action cut to the music” is underwhelming. Edgar Wright’s Scott Pilgrim movie managed to stand out more in comparison.

Kingsman: The Golden Circle - 3/5

Solid and fun, but fails to live up to the first one’s quality. There are a few interesting characters that are underused / cast aside which leaves a lot of potential untapped, and instead we get a lot of subplots that almost feel like padding - which is absurd for a film that lasts 2 hours 21 minutes. Action sequences also suffer from overly obvious (and at times poorly done) visual effects.
But it’s still in good fun with several superb gags, a few of which had me in stitches. And the Elton John cameo is pure genius. Sir Elton practically steals the film…
Despite the fun I still had, this is Matthew Vaughn’s weakest offering so far. Less is more, Matthew. Less is more.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2017-11-02

PM

Chennai Express

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2017-11-02

PM

I just want to share that last night I watch the movie from the 90’s “Gods Must Be Crazy”. It’s really funny and entertaining. Wink

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Blade Runner 2049 - 4/5

Superb sequel to an amazing film. They got pretty much everything right, while vastly expanding on the universe and still leaving some of the big questions open. They definitely hit the correct vibe with how everything looks and sounds (despite the soundtrack not containing that much Vangelis synthesizer sounds).
Villeneuve pretty much nailed it.
Oh, and kindly give an Oscar to cinematographer Roger Deakins. Thank you.

Now bring on an off-world Blade Runner sequel. I’d like to see attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion, or watch C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

WTH? Special reveals for rotten score? Who cares?
And the reviews are already out, it’s another DC stinker, but better than BvS it seems

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Thor: Ragnarok - 4/5

Funny. Funny! FUNNY!!! Out of all installments in the Marvel Universe, I do believe this one is the one that’s gotten the most laughs out of me. It’s so funny that you can at times wonder if it’s not too funny for its own good, given the very dark concept of the Goddess of Death and Ragnarok, the destruction of Asgard.
Taika Waititi totally nailed it with the 80s retro soundtrack and feel, with the vast amount of colourful characters, and it absolutely shows that the cast had fun filming this as well. Cate Blanchett looks like she had the time of her life as Hela, Karl Urban feels like a fanboy, Jeff Goldblum is awesome as always (and looks like he’s playing himself mostly), and well, the entire thing is just a hoot.

Justice League - 2.5/5

The Flash feels like a poor man’s cross between Quicksilver (powers) and Tom Holland’s Peter Parker (personality), they do nothing with Aquaman beyond using Jason Momoa’s natural cool, the movie’s villain is rather uninteresting and Henry Cavill looks like he’s CGI’d in every scene (*). The film has its moments (and it’s great to see Superman kick some ass), but overall it’s just not up to par with what Marvel is doing.

(*) Cavill WAS in fact CGI’d. The studio demanded some changes after a first screening showed a film that was still too dark and edgy, so they brought in Joss Whedon to do some rewrites and reshoots. 90% of all Cavill’s scenes were reshoots, but by that time he had grown a full mustache for a role in Mission Impossible 6, and he was not allowed to shave it off by Paramount Pictures. So for most of his scenes, they had to CGI his mustache away. They failed - it just looks off.

In short, Marvel nails it again, while DC keeps bumbling around without a clue. It seems Wonder Woman was just a fluke…

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

TimovieMan - 23 November 2017 05:36 PM

In short, Marvel nails it again, while DC keeps bumbling around without a clue. It seems Wonder Woman was just a fluke…

Wonder Woman wasn’t that great either.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top