• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiediego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

I’m still having a hard time adjusting that this isn’t The Thread and that I’m not supposed to kill it and try to get the last post no matter what…

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Yet another shooting in Finland. This time two dead, several injured. Someone, last night, apparently shot randomly with an unlicenced hunting rifle (or at least, he didn’t have a licence, he might’ve stolen it, I’m not sure) from a roof in Hyvinkää, 50 kms north of Helsinki.

It isn’t as bad as those school shootings we had, but it’s a terrible tragedy nevertheless.

This is what happens when weapons are allowed for the public. Plain and simple, when they’re in circulation, people who shouldn’t will get a hold of them. They should always be banned or extremely restricted from the start.

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

There was a thread at another forum, where someone complained about games being “badly edited” because the gameplay often is more or less the same throughout a game. He argued that this would never be the case in movies or music, and got a link to Daft Punk in return. I got inspired (it’s a great music video), so I’ve now recorded an acoustic version of the song. (If you can’t get enough “oomph” from a tuba - double the part with a baritone sax!) So (as I was unable to attend the meeting in Hastings) that was this weekend’s fun project for me.

While searching the net for a transcription of Around the World (without one, I wouldn’t have managed recording this in a couple of hours), I found this Kickstarter project, which I find very exciting (and which inspired my choice of instrumentation). I pledged immediately. It later got mentioned by Kickstarter’s newsletter, so it’s now fully funded with 19 days to go.

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

Millenia, it seems we have a lot in common! I noticed in another thread that we have similar tastes in which games we enjoy the most. We are the same age, I also have 2 kids and 2 cats, and I don’t have a fiance but my husband IS rather hairy Laughing 

And I hear you about not having a lot of time to play or read with little kids. I try to fit it in when I can, though. That’s “mommy” time!

Currently Playing: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes;
Currently Re-Playing: Culpa Innata

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

I noticed something in one of my t-shirts when I was going to iron it for use tomorrow. The little note inside it reads:

Made in the USA of 100% cotton.
Machine wash cold, tumble dry low.
Not for use as pants.

Not for use as pants?!

Is that written as a joke, or…?

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 165

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

I’ve been trying to make a Facebook comment all day but keep getting a message saying that it couldn’t be submitted and to try again soon.
Is Facebook just being an arse… or could it be something more sinister?

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

J-Boo - 27 May 2012 01:44 PM

Millenia, it seems we have a lot in common! I noticed in another thread that we have similar tastes in which games we enjoy the most. We are the same age, I also have 2 kids and 2 cats, and I don’t have a fiance but my husband IS rather hairy Laughing 

And I hear you about not having a lot of time to play or read with little kids. I try to fit it in when I can, though. That’s “mommy” time!

I noticed some similarities too, just earlier today your age Smile. There’s a lot of common ground there Grin.

But now a few hours of sleep for me!

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

multiple usage Grin

Image Attachments

485755_403459826341614_233298676691064_1370475_466433121_n.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I have a big problem. Some of my friends suddenly get baby girls. Of course I’m happy for them and I come and visit them, but what should I buy for a baby girl? For the boys I bought toy trains and such; stuff that they (still) can have fun with a few years fron when they were born, but for girls everything seems to be out of fashion within a few months or so. I want to buy something that is not an obvious choice and can be used when the girl is older or can still be used when she is older, otherwise it will jsut end up on the pile of rubble in a few months time. So what is good? I understand many girls play with miniature shops like the one in the picture below, but what else can I consider?

Total Posts: 83

Joined 2006-09-15

PM

tsa - 28 May 2012 09:21 AM

I have a big problem. Some of my friends suddenly get baby girls. Of course I’m happy for them and I come and visit them, but what should I buy for a baby girl? For the boys I bought toy trains and such; stuff that they (still) can have fun with a few years fron when they were born, but for girls everything seems to be out of fashion within a few months or so. I want to buy something that is not an obvious choice and can be used when the girl is older or can still be used when she is older, otherwise it will jsut end up on the pile of rubble in a few months time. So what is good? I understand many girls play with miniature shops like the one in the picture below, but what else can I consider?

I always suggest diapers for a baby shower. And I mean one of those jumbo economy packages!

http://www.ted.com/
http://www.nature.org/
You don’t have to agree with what everyone says,
Just respect there right to say it

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

tsa - 28 May 2012 09:21 AM

Maybe a doll?

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

millenia - 27 May 2012 05:57 PM
J-Boo - 27 May 2012 01:44 PM

I noticed some similarities too, just earlier today your age Smile. There’s a lot of common ground there Grin.

But now a few hours of sleep for me!

How old are your kids?

I have two boys, 3 years old and 4 months old.

Total Posts: 334

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

I believe that baby girls can enjoy toy trains as much as baby boys. I know at least one lady train driver (formerly in the army) so presumably some girls dream of taking up the job.

No Nonsense Nonsonnets 44

Quest for Knowledge

I’m hoping to find name for game that I played long ago
The people here so well-informed, someone is sure to know
A time machine, grandfather clock, I give it to myself
Oh never mind, the box is sitting there upon my shelf

For real retro gaming nerds, name that game.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

It depends on how old they are probably.

The Third degree is nearly 9 months and at the moment everything goes straight in her mouth! She does play with other things too, like a little pink football and things you can hit and which spin round and/or make noise, but if you want something with longevity I would go for some form of doll that she will like when older but can be held and stuck in her mouth without the worry of little bits falling off or it being too delicate.

So if they are that sort of age I would go for some kind of doll or teddy, not too big, parts of which can go in their mouths without choking them or being torn by little teeth and which will look good to a toddler/young child too.

Not sure how helpful that is, but that is the best my limited parental experience can do at the moment!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Or failing that…

ARRRRR! Get her some Rum!
ARRRRR! Holen Sie sich ihr etwas Rum!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top