• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

SpeedBowalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What are you reading?

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Rapha1405 - 28 July 2016 04:44 AM

Metro 2035 by Dmitry Glukhovsky
I’m a big fan of the first two metro books and also enjoyed Glukhovsky’s Future. This one doesn’t disappoint, in fact it’s pretty awesome!

Metpo2035, good to hear its as good as last efforts, waiting for English release.
Huge fan of the Universe i.e game and books, this follows Metrolightlight ending and had connections to last game.

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2016-07-27

PM

nomadsoul - 28 July 2016 08:50 AM

I’m a big fan of the first two metro books and also enjoyed Glukhovsky’s Future. This one doesn’t disappoint, in fact it’s pretty awesome!

Metpo2035, good to hear its as good as last efforts, waiting for English release.
Huge fan of the Universe i.e game and books, this follows Metrolightlight ending and had connections to last game.

The book really has nothing in common with Last Light as far as I remember the game.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Rapha1405 - 28 July 2016 10:32 AM
nomadsoul - 28 July 2016 08:50 AM

The book really has nothing in common with Last Light as far as I remember the game.

Dmitri wrote MLL, but it was too big for one game, so he puts all the extra he had into a M2035 book.
New game announcement soon too.
Openworld.

4A games are gurus in Tech.

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2016-07-27

PM

When you read to book it gets really clear that the game universe and the book universe of Metro aren’t the same. There is no reference to anything that happens during Last Light in Metro 2035 and Artjom thinks a lot about the black ones in the book so the stuff from Last Light surely would be mentioned

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Rapha1405 - 29 July 2016 07:42 AM

When you read to book it gets really clear that the game universe and the book universe of Metro aren’t the same. There is no reference to anything that happens during Last Light in Metro 2035 and Artjom thinks a lot about the black ones in the book so the stuff from Last Light surely would be mentioned

http://www.emagill.com/rants/eblog266-metro-2033-differences-between-novel-and-game.html

Will check if lastlight story is extrapolated by Book 2035 or not.

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2004-10-07

PM

*sneaks in*

Currently re-reading the Discworld series from the start. I am also using that as a chance to complete my collection (got many of them from the library in the past) in a uniform design, namely by buying the Discworld Collector’s Library. It really love the woodcut cover designs, and it is finally sure that they are releasing *ALL* the adult novels in that design (the problem was that at one point Terry Pratchett moved to another publisher).

- Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

- “esc(x) cot(x) dx = -csc(x)!” Dennis added, and the wizard’s robe caught on fire. “Gosh,” Dennis said, “and some people say higher math isn’t relevant.”

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2016-11-07

PM

Just read The Red Queen. Was okay, but more for teenage girls i think, not sure I’m the demographic Grin Pretty much just twilight mixed with hunger games. Girl loves 2 boys, has special powers, bla bla.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Currently reading two works:

-Buddha by Osamu Tezuka. Bought the hardcover Dutch release all 8 volumes which depict an image on its spine. They were fairly cheap so…
Currently at vol. 2 Siddharta still a kid. Amazing so far. Reads at a nice pace with focus on visuals rather than dialogue.

-The Decagon House Murders by Yukito Ayatsuji
Closed-setting murder mystery a la And then there were none.
The translator for the English version is Ho-Ling a.k.a. AshKetchum who posts on these forums.

Joined 2016-11-07

PM

Reading an autobiography on Michael Jordan.

Really complex person… more so than I thought.

Very controlling and obsessive personality. But what a player.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Purchased four new books:

-Ritual, the source material for The Wicker Man(1973)
-The Name of the Rose, self-explanatory
-Club Dumas, the source material for The Ninth Gate
-S. -Ship of Theseus, a book co-developed by J.J. Abrams. Book comes with a plethora of items that tie in to the story. Supposed to deliver a new kind of reading experience.

Joined 2017-02-01

PM

stockholmshockwaves - 08 December 2016 04:13 AM

Reading an autobiography on Michael Jordan.

Really complex person… more so than I thought.

Very controlling and obsessive personality. But what a player.

which author wrote it? i’d be interested in a good book on him.

Joined 2017-02-01

PM

also, i’m currently reading the raymond e fiest series, very good.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2017-11-02

PM

The 17th Century Literature - Shakespeare.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i read all my brother books,  he is an Author, his Pen Name is Cameron Jace, the Author of Insanity and as eventually me working with ‘em as his assistant. i read ‘em all his books and they are short and fun, doesn’t feel like an obligation at all, i totally enjoy them; and i am not saying this because he is my brother, i am being honest!

his ‘Niche’ is very exciting and kinda original; (for most of his books) he plays over the fairy tales theme of Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella and Snow White…etc, but retelling their stories within a dark and creepy atmosphere!.
like why Snow White white was that pale; because she was actually a vampire, lol .. so he destroys all what the children read and learnt; and all the magnificent nice stories they read when they were like six years old or above…  and turn those heroes into dark and sick persons, Grin

Btw, this month until new year, he is giving that Book Insanity (at the like up above) for free, just PM me if you like read it.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 03 November 2017 03:43 PM

i read all my brother books, is Author he is an Author, his Pen Name is Cameron Jace, the Author of Insanity and as me working with ‘em as his assistant. i read ‘em and they are short and fun, it doesn’t feel like an obligation at all, i totally enjoy them; and i am not saying this because he is my brother, i am being honest!

his ‘Niche’ is very existing and kinda original; (for most of his books) he plays on the fairy tales like theme of Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella and Snow White…etc, but retelling their stories within a dark and creepy atmosphere!.
like why Snow White white was that pale; because she was actually a vampire, lol .. so he destroys all what the children read and learnt; all the magnificent nice stories they read when they were like six years old and above…  and turn them heroes into dark and sick persons, Grin

Btw, this month until new year, he is giving that Book Insanity (at the like up above) for free, write to me if you like read it.

Your real bro?
Thats cool
Premise sounds cool
will give it a try sometime later

Thumbs Up

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top