• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Favorite TV shows

Poll: Most Overhyped
Total Votes: 42
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead
Mad Men

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Damn, Witcher series has a more mature/heavy story than most RPGs out there and seems like it’s still much softer than the books

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

It just struck me but damn this small dwarf Tyrion/Drinklage net worth is 10million,
150,000$ per episode.
He has bigger courageous balls.
His acting , speechcraft makes other good looking people smaller.
His net worth makes countless billions a joke.
He has toyfigures.
He voiced a hit game.
He had nude action on TV.

There is good luck and hardwork, he had later but turned it into goodluck.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Season1 was good.
Short review,
Better than abysmal QuantumBreak TV show.
Hannah looks hot.

3.5/5

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 13 September 2016 05:34 PM

It just struck me but damn this small dwarf Tyrion/Drinklage net worth is 10million

I’ve been a fan of Peter Dinklage ever since I saw his lead role in The Station Agent (2000-ish), and he had a very memorable role in Living in Oblivion before that.

I’ve watched the series Threshold just because he was in it (as well as Brent Spiner and Carla Gugino, but mainly because of Dinklage), I LOVE that he had a big role in X-Men: Days of Future Past where his dwarf-stature gets NO MENTION WHATSOEVER despite it being a film about mutants.
He fully deserves to have made it big. He’s a VERY talented actor!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tom killing it, again
Order TV series,

Looks to be my fav show already

TimovieMan - 13 September 2016 05:56 PM
nomadsoul - 13 September 2016 05:34 PM

It just struck me but damn this small dwarf Tyrion/Drinklage net worth is 10million

I’ve been a fan of Peter Dinklage ever since I saw his lead role in The Station Agent (2000-ish), and he had a very memorable role in Living in Oblivion before that.

I’ve watched the series Threshold just because he was in it (as well as Brent Spiner and Carla Gugino, but mainly because of Dinklage), I LOVE that he had a big role in X-Men: Days of Future Past where his dwarf-stature gets NO MENTION WHATSOEVER despite it being a film about mutants.
He fully deserves to have made it big. He’s a VERY talented actor!

Yes, he is half the reason i got in GoT.
His vocal range is amazing, too bad he didnt do much good in Destiny but anyway.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finished watching S3 of Black Mirror, continues to be excellent.
There’s totally a Kojima/Silent Hill reference in one of the episodes.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I watched first two eps of Westworld and it looked promising. But I am not just up for it. A slow-burn series that is going to get milked out and recycle plot points over and over.

My taste has matured.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I have also watched the first 3 episodes of Westworld - And I kind of like it, so far at least.
The only problem is that I occasionally get some “Lost” vibes, which is not a good thing, but apart from that it’s quite good, and I’m curious to see where they are going with this.

I haven’t got the slightest idea about what you mean with “recycle plot points” though?!?
They still haven’t revealed what the actual plot is yet, only hinted at it, so how can you talk about that they are recycling the plot points, when they still haven’t revealed those plot points the first time?

It is a slow burner though, but that it is one of the things that I like about it. They take their time to set up the whole world and introduce the different characters, while slowly adding different anomalies to the mix, instead of just jumping right into the plot.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I wrote that in future tense. That is what I expect the series to do. Become highly successful because of hype and overstay its welcome. Prolongate as long as possible.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That’s usually how it goes, either it’s cancelled prematurely because of the lack of viewers or if has sucess if gets completely drained. (There are exceptions of course). I’m curious about Westworld but I’m probably waiting until the end of the season.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

HBO does have a tendency to end a series on a high note and without overstaying its welcome, so they at least have that going for them. On the other hand, they don’t always do so…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 23 October 2016 10:25 AM

My taste has matured.

Great writeup on topic,

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Why-Westworld-Aggressive-Nudity-Sex-Scenes-Aren-t-Problem-96357.html

It’s not as though HBO – or any other premium cable network – has shied away from sex and nudity in the past. Anyone who has watched even one episode of Game of Thrones knows that the network wholly embraces sex and nudity in the name of telling the best possible story

Major marketing hook i am interested in before it gets repetitive, otherwise Android social science is just plain old.
HBO understands their userbase and demands of modern Media, but hopefully the fetish part is not overdone.
Can you tell me if its just filler or actual plot point?

@wilco

Got to check it, Amy Hennig was also praising it on her twitter.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 23 October 2016 05:02 PM

@wilco

Got to check it, Amy Hennig was also praising it on her twitter.

The Kojima episode is the second of the new season - “Playtest”. You can tell Charlie Brooker knows his games. But watch the whole season, it’s worth it, each episode has an unique different story that touches a lot of stuff about new technologies

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I don’t want to take away anything from Westworld. It was good. But I am just done for now with the soap format of plotlines resolved over the course of 3+ seasons with occasional filler from time to time.

Regarding what nomadsoul posted, I agree that the the sexscenes and violence so far didn’t feel gratuitous(at least so far). It makes completely sense in the context of the show, showing how far people will go if they have carte-blanche.

-Also finished Narcos season 2. Was as good as the first one. I loved the change in direction and feel which came along with the smaller timeframe the story covered. Where season 1 felt more anthological of all the crazy stuff Pablo pulled off over the years, season 2 feels more focused taking place over the course of a couple of weeks slowly closing in on Pablo. It makes both seasons a great viewing experience together.
However, I was completely disappointed with

they cliffhanger season 2 ended on and them heading THAT direction with the series

-Black Mirror, heard good things about it and only 3 eps for the first 2 seasons and 6 for the third. That sounds good to me.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Origami - 23 October 2016 12:12 PM

I wrote that in future tense. That is what I expect the series to do. Become highly successful because of hype and overstay its welcome. Prolongate as long as possible.

Hmm - Don’t you think it is a bit early to talk about what might or might not happen to the show sometimes in the future?
I mean that would be like avoiding the original Star Wars trilogy because of how Disney and Jar Jar Abrams later milked the franchise .. and doing so long before Disney even bought the franchise and made that abomination, purely because you predicted that this would happen .. or because you had a time-machine, and a future version of yourself warned you that it would happen .. okay perhaps I got a bit sidetracked there Wink

Anyway, I do think that I get your point, but I’m not really getting the soap vibes myself. To me it feels much more like lets say True Detective, where the story will sooner or later reach its natural conclusion and the show will end when that happens, more like a 10-20 hours long movie, than a show that can continue season after season. I might of course be wrong and the whole thing turns into something similar to Lost, but I sure hope not!

Regarding nudity and sex, then you don’t really see terrible much. Yes there are rape scenes, and one of the main attractions in the park is the brothel, but they don’t really show much and just cuts away instead of going into graphical details. Most of the nudity is actually in the “behind the scenes” scenes, when they are rebuilding the hosts or moping up the latest bloodbaths.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top