• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 8 June

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Mudlarks

I had heard of mudlarking before playing this game, but didn’t really know what it was. Even though I’ve never done it, I know a couple of people who have and it does seem pretty interesting - in theory at least - although I don’t know if you’d ever catch me poking around the filthy banks of the Thames! Smile

I definitely enjoyed this game. I wasn’t sure I was going to like it, as I’m always wary of people using photos as backgrounds. Too often it’s just laziness, the photos don’t make good game backgrounds and having badly animated characters (drawn in paint) on top can look terrible. However, Mudlarks isn’t one of “those” games at all. The photos are good and work as game backgrounds, the characters are OK and fit reasonably well with the backgrounds.

The game would have worked really well as FMV I think, but with an admission price of “free” you can’t really complain!

I found it a little slow in places, but overall it has a good and interesting story and some decent puzzles along the way. Some of the characters are a bit weak and some a bit crazy, but many good enough to carry the serious tone of the events of the game. It isn’t full length as in 20 hours + but certainly took me a good few enjoyable hours to complete.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 5834

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I played the game earlier in the year & remember being quite engaged by the story. I recall the animation being quite poor & some of the characters having disproportionate bodies which looked a bit weird but apart from that I found it to be a surprisingly good game.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Mudlarks is one of those freeware games that I read about, downloaded and intended to play as soon as I was done with the xxx game, but then the yyy game was released or I realised that I had a backlog of games that I had paid for, which I felt more inclined to finish first as I had after all already paid for these. And then I never get around to actually playing them and instead forget that I had ever downloaded it - But one day ...

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Iznogood - 08 June 2015 02:55 PM

as soon as I was done with the xxx game

Busted!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

diego - 08 June 2015 03:11 PM
Iznogood - 08 June 2015 02:55 PM

as soon as I was done with the xxx game

Busted!

He he - I guess I should chose my words more careful in the future.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top