• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #53 Whispers of a Machine

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2013-03-10

PM

I have never done a community playthrough before so I am very much looking forward to this.
Bought the game today and everything works well and I am slowly getting to grips with the game mechanics.
I have scanned the victim and went a wee bit past that but will pause for now and await further instructions.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Welcome to you and Smulan.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2013-03-10

PM

thank you.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Like I have said I’m already on day 3 because this is my second playthrough if anybody needs any help or tips or hints let me know I will be glad to help

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

You now have until next Sunday to complete day one. As usual, comments on the game are always appreciated.

The first day is pretty fun, so enjoy!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Well, enjoying it more this time. Som annoying things though, the game is prone to crash if I am a little to fast hitting the scanning device, the saving system is bad, any system that doesn’t allow you to save whenever you want is. More so of course when the game quits unwantingly.
Otherwise the game runs good.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

smulan - 03 June 2019 01:58 PM

Well, enjoying it more this time. Som annoying things though, the game is prone to crash if I am a little to fast hitting the scanning device, the saving system is bad, any system that doesn’t allow you to save whenever you want is. More so of course when the game quits unwantingly.
Otherwise the game runs good.

I love the saving system. So you cant try to undo anything. I have not had one crash yet.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I, on the other hand, am not enjoying the game very much. The dialog trees are a bit tedious. Well, more than a bit tedious. Investigation is wonderful, providing you have clear path as to what you’re investigating. And while I know we’re investigating two murders, I see no clear path.

Some people thought that Kathy Rain was less than transparent regarding it’s goals. Whispers, so far is positively opaque. I’m going to try to find my way to the end of Day One. But, unless things dramatically improve, I don’t think I will see the start of Day
Two.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

I’ve just finished up the first room.  Here’s my first impressions:

First thing, since childhood, I’m not sure I’ve ever had a game get me so interested so fast.  I hadn’t heard anything about it, and just noticed a screenshot from someone I was subscribed to on Youtube doing an LP of the game.  Instantly from the art style, the subject matter, and the 30 seconds of gameplay I watched, I knew I was going to get this game.

And that was before I knew it was made by the same company as Kathy Rain, which I really liked.

Up until this point, the only thing that’s seemed a little off-putting is the main character not having a voice actor.  When everyone else does, it feels a bit awkward.  Especially in cutscenes.

I had no clue about the advanced game mechanics.  Nor the different paths you could take.  Both of which are pluses for me.

The character portraits are particularly beautiful.  And this is my favorite method of a game handling conversations, with a bunch of different possible things to ask about, many of which may not be relevant at all, ala Gabriel Knight 1.  It just really helps a world feel more alive when you can ask people about all sorts of stuff.

Very much looking forward to the rest of the game.  I’ll try not to get my hopes up to unrealistic levels, but it’s a very promising start.

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Hmm, something wrong with your game?  The main character does have a voice.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Detective Mosely - 03 June 2019 11:30 PM

I’ve just finished up the first room.  Here’s my first impressions:

First thing, since childhood, I’m not sure I’ve ever had a game get me so interested so fast.  I hadn’t heard anything about it, and just noticed a screenshot from someone I was subscribed to on Youtube doing an LP of the game.  Instantly from the art style, the subject matter, and the 30 seconds of gameplay I watched, I knew I was going to get this game.

And that was before I knew it was made by the same company as Kathy Rain, which I really liked.

Up until this point, the only thing that’s seemed a little off-putting is the main character not having a voice actor.  When everyone else does, it feels a bit awkward.  Especially in cutscenes.

I had no clue about the advanced game mechanics.  Nor the different paths you could take.  Both of which are pluses for me.

The character portraits are particularly beautiful.  And this is my favorite method of a game handling conversations, with a bunch of different possible things to ask about, many of which may not be relevant at all, ala Gabriel Knight 1.  It just really helps a world feel more alive when you can ask people about all sorts of stuff.

Very much looking forward to the rest of the game.  I’ll try not to get my hopes up to unrealistic levels, but it’s a very promising start.

are you playing whispers or unavowed

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Jdawg445 - 04 June 2019 01:35 PM

Whispers.  Did I say something wrong?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The game save system is common in iOS games.

It kinda sucks but I’ve used it so many times you get used to it. Sorry you PC gamers have to use it too.

I am playing the game for the 2nd time and day one was very fun, interesting puzzles and plot.

The graphics are amazing - hope this is a trend in the future.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

smulan - 04 June 2019 03:19 AM

Hmm, something wrong with your game?  The main character does have a voice.

Ah, weird.  I reinstalled with the latest version and that fixed it.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

Detective Mosely - 04 June 2019 07:12 PM
Jdawg445 - 04 June 2019 01:35 PM

Whispers.  Did I say something wrong?

A little joke, I think. Unavowed has no voice for the protagonist.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top