• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04KeybordzLady KestrelTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The age of VR is starting

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

One wonderful VR adventure experience was the Dangarompa VR demo: Cyber Danganronpa VR: The Class Trial. A fun demo that was free. If it was a complete game I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 216

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

thalolli, agree about VR adventures. It’s a great genre to experience in VR and it quickly became my favourite one.

If you haven’t yet, you have to try the The Room VR: A Dark Matter. It’s very polished adventure puzzler. Wonderful game from start to finish. Every interaction is very tactile and a joy to perform.

Also, I recommend Red Matter and Shadow Point. And if you don’t mind a bit of Zelda-like action: MOSS (this one is even 3rd person).

Those games are also available natively for Quest and all of them makes you wonder how something of this graphical quality is possible on mobile hardware.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Wow! I’m fully on board with PSVR for the PS5. Last Gen VR rocked for PS4 mainly due its excellent games.I hope we get great games this time too.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Can’t wait to finally play Astro Bot and Resident Evil 7 (among others) Smile
I’m in no rush to get PS5 right now. But once the stock will build up and it will be easier to snag one, I’ll get it in preparation for PSVR2.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Astrobot and RE7 are amazing games. I just got 100 days for Focus On You and it wraps up that game well. A great end. You get some costumes with this DLC and they are fun to try out in all game modes.

I will be gleefully playing PS4 VR for a few more years.

Heart

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I tell, you, now is such a great time to be getting into VR. Lots of great options for gaming, with no bad choices really.

Heart

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

True. VR is such an exciting and fast growing new medium.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Between PSVR and Quest 2 the future is very bright for VR.

Heart

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Personally, I love PSVR, you can watch blue ray movies in VR and it has the Summer Lesson series, which are pretty amazing and quite realistic, in addition to other exclusive titles.

However, against the 900 dollar PSVR cost and the fact that the system is 5 years old and has sold an amazing 7 million VR systems, we have the Quest 2.

The Quest 2 has sold over 10 million units and is half the cost of PSVR. It is also still in production, PS5 VR won’t be here until 2022 at the earliest.

The real loser here is PCVR, at 2500 for a decent system, you need a high end PC to make it work, it’s sales are poor compared to Quest 2 and PSVR with developers leaving for Quest 2.

I myself is happy with my current VR rig, but you can’t go wrong with a Quest 2 VR system.

Heart

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I’m still rocking Quest2 and love it. Wireless is quite a gamechanger for me. Also waiting for PSVR2 and hope it’ll have some kind of wireless option as well.

Agree that PCVR space is currently much less exciting. Still, I believe it will profit from PSVR’s and Quest’s success on the long run as well.

What I’m most excited about in 2022 though, is miniaturization of VR hmds. Finally. It seems like Meta’s upcoming higher end standalone Project Cambria will have smaller and lighter form factor. I expect the same from Apple’s MR goggles and most probably PSVR2 as well.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Egon - 31 December 2021 04:29 AM

I’m still rocking Quest2 and love it. Wireless is quite a gamechanger for me. Also waiting for PSVR2 and hope it’ll have some kind of wireless option as well.

Agree that PCVR space is currently much less exciting. Still, I believe it will profit from PSVR’s and Quest’s success on the long run as well.

What I’m most excited about in 2022 though, is miniaturization of VR hmds. Finally. It seems like Meta’s upcoming higher end standalone Project Cambria will have smaller and lighter form factor. I expect the same from Apple’s MR goggles and most probably PSVR2 as well.

Someday, I’ll do a playoff between PSVR 2 and Quest 2. The winner I’ll buy. I’m not betting that Quest 2 wins, but we’ll see what games PSVR 2 has.

No matter what happens for Sony, VR is a winner for them, the dualsense controller on the PS5 is a game changer for them and it as developed by the VR team.

Edit 1/05/2021:

Sony has formally announced their new system:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/01/ps5s-new-psvr-headset-officially-named-playstation-vr2-full-specs-revealed

Heart  Heart  Heart

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

PSVR2 specs sound great. 2022 will be an exciting year for VR.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Egon - 07 January 2022 02:37 PM

PSVR2 specs sound great. 2022 will be an exciting year for VR.

Last generation, Sony sold over 7 million headsets, which is less than Quest 2 with 10 million sold. However, they sold over 100 million games, making it a success.

I’d like to think that PSVR2 will do as well.

Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top