• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceandiegoIronCretinJdawg445TimovieMan

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #64 – Oknytt

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

colpet - 30 January 2021 05:54 PM

For anyone who has ventured onto Chapter 3, I am stuck and need some direction.

Not only, the green light for chapter 3 was not given yet, but also, considering many people did not finish chapter 2 yet, I will give everyone another 2 days until the 2nd of February to do so before we all move on to chapter 3.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Sefir - 30 January 2021 06:32 PM

Not only, the green light for chapter 3 was not given yet, but also, considering many people did not finish chapter 2 yet, I will give everyone another 2 days until the 2nd of February to do so before we all move on to chapter 3.

Sorry, I have been playing the game on weekends only. I assumed everyone else was going to put their two cents in during the week, so I wanted to have something to contribute.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Oh, no problems, no need to apologise for playing with your own pace! Smile

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

So, how everyone is doing so far? We have yet to hear from Timovieman, DCast, millenia and rtrooney.

If you are stuck in chapter 2 (I somehow doubt it), we are here to help.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Finished chapter 2.

I’m liking it so far, although I do have to make a slight adjustment to a slower pace of this game every time I turn it on. I call it “going into a folk tale mode”.

I’m also starting to feel a bit of sameness that isn’t a deal-breaker, just something I noticed. Thankfully, different creatures break it up a bit.

Puzzles, like was stated before, is a bit of a hit and miss. I actually didn’t have any trouble of solving these ones until I found myself stuck, and by “everything on everything” method finally got the bark, which I was apparently missing.
Just like Doom, I found the last puzzle to be very gross. BUT. I was digging it - the grossness Smile Maybe because I don’t come across lots of these kind of puzzles, and most of them would include some kind of “number 2” reference, so it was memorably and refreshingly gross, haha

Had similar to colpet feelings about pleasing one creature and expecting to bring water to another. Also stumbled upon solution to this last task randomly.

And again, VO elevates this game to another level. Really great work by the artist!

I did pay attention to the words of the prophecy, and was thinking if talking about rising from the grave was a direct clue or an attempt to make us think the more obvious when it’s much more complex ?

Looking forward to Ch.3!

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ve been having some PC issues. MS Office, so nothing related to the game. Still something I need to deal with. I’ve been playing chapter 2 for about an hour, so I’m guessing I’m about halfway through. I think the voice acting is excellent. And, while this may sound contrary to the last sentence, I am not finding the narration quite as endearing as other players. Kind of like being impressed by a player’s musicianship, while not liking the song he’s playing.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Ok everyone, time to move on to Chapter 3!!

Not everyone was able to finish Chapter 2 in time, but I want to be fairly positive that they will all manage to catch on.

We met many more creatures along the way. Some tried to help us, some tried to help us, some tried to warn us. And we also made a friend along the way! Smile

Chapter 3 is a little harder (also a bit better imho). You have 1 week (until the 9th of Oktober) to finish it. Good luck!!!

EDIT: For those who finished both chapters, which was your favorite creature thus far? Smile
I have to go with the Ålvor personally…..

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I feel that you need to explore the Dried-Up river a bit more. Some holes are not abandoned....
As soon as you do what need to be done there, comes a very….. strange combination of inventory items that makes sense only in hindsight.

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Sefir - 02 February 2021 04:03 PM

I feel that you need to explore the Dried-Up river a bit more. Some holes are not abandoned....
As soon as you do what need to be done there, comes a very….. strange combination of inventory items that makes sense only in hindsight.

Well that wasn’t exactly fair. No hot spot with the cursor. You have to make the character walk around to activate it. It shows my ineptitude with 3rd person games. I’ll remember this for next time.

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I’ve finished Chapter 3. The only creature the protagonist has some kind of connection to is our companion, the Älva. So I guess I too would pick it as my favorite so far.

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

My favourite creature so far…well, the Alva are pretty and ethereal, but not much use (at least yet).
I am partial to the mythical creatures safeguarding the basics - the well, crops, stored food. They are not fully benevolent, which makes sense, since so many things can go wrong, and people need an explanation. But therein lies the richness and the details of folklore, basis for centuries of oral tradition.

Chapter 3
After Sefir’s helpful nudge, I was off to the races. I had spent so much stuck time entertaining every possible combo of inventory and action, that when I finally got that one crucial item, it almost all made sense.  Wink

I am not sure what our little friend’s journey through the mountain accomplished other than awakening the giant and learning how to smelt silver. Perhaps there will be a reckoning later on of all the deeds done?

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Still alive and finished both chapters 2 and 3 now. I’ll comment them separately so it’s easier to avoid spoilers.

Chapter 2:

This chapter didn’t seem too hard. I was a bit stuck here and there but managed all the puzzles with some trial and error. I also upped the gamma correction here, the game is supposed to be dark yeah, but it was so damn black I felt like squinting all the time. Definitely got better with some more light.

People didn’t really like the Näcken, and I wholeheartedly agree. This is another creature that is well known to us Finns too, and I was very scared of it when I was a kid. I had nightmares. In my head always imagined it to be a kind of a translucent humanoid with frog-like limbs. And it would grab people and pull them under. I was afraid of every ditch.

It did feel a bit odd to help him. But I guess it just shows how naive the small creature is. It’s helping everyone.

I though the final part and puzzle of the chapter was fine. A bit icky yes, but didn’t really feel like there was anything to complain.

Chapter 3:

Here I stumbled onto the same problem as colpet.

colpet - 04 February 2021 02:43 PM
Sefir - 02 February 2021 04:03 PM

Well that wasn’t exactly fair. No hot spot with the cursor. You have to make the character walk around to activate it. It shows my ineptitude with 3rd person games. I’ll remember this for next time.

I agree that this was really a bad design. I had no idea that I had to move the character near some items for them to appear. I mean it’s not inherently bad design, but it is so when it’s implemented suddenly in chapter 3. If I had seen this happen in the beginning of the game, it would have been fine. I went through “try everything in everything” and finally consulted a walkthru.

Otherwise the chapter wasn’t too hard, though I completely agree with Veovis too. This game if anything would benefit some more interaction with inventory:

Veovis - 29 January 2021 03:01 AM

I generally dislike over explanations about why a certain item can be picked up and about its possible use once it’s in the inventory, but here I kind of miss some basic thoughts from the narrator or creature on the inventory items. Once picked up the items kind of “die” and we’re left only with the basic piece of bark and bottle tags without any clues as to why we’re carrying these things around.

I liked the location and the use of runes in chapter 3. But it’s hard for me to think whether this chapter could be my favourite, as I am still very disappointed about the damn hedgehod the hider.

As for favourite characters, I like the naive but cute protagonist, of course, and maybe the stupid stalagmite vättar too.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

colpet - 05 February 2021 07:46 AM

I am not sure what our little friend’s journey through the mountain accomplished

Do not forget that it was not our choice for being there in the first place. We were just trying to escape from the Hag and basically, looking for another exit!

millenia - 05 February 2021 12:06 PM

People didn’t really like the Näcken…..
It did feel a bit odd to help him. But I guess it just shows how naive the small creature is. It’s helping everyone.

And I am still holding against the small creature the fact that he sent smoke to the poor Alvae just to take some of their dust! Tongue

I liked the location and the use of runes in chapter 3. But it’s hard for me to think whether this chapter could be my favourite, as I am still very disappointed about the damn hedgehod the hider.

Mine as well. Mostly because there were more screens, more creatures, more clever uses of our powers and the scenery was different from the “dark countryside” setting we were so far. This is one of the games were chapters become better as you move forward.

As for favourite characters, I like the naive but cute protagonist, of course, and maybe the stupid stalagmite vättar too.

Obviously, we all like the small creature.  Heart Eyes

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sorry for dropping off the grid. I’d like to say that real life got in the way, but I’d be lying. Actually, Horizon Zero Dawn got in the way. Tongue
Once the plot really started to thicken, I wanted to continue and get through it. Blame my brother-in-law for giving us his PS4. Grin
I platinumed that game yesterday, so I can get back on track here…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Finished the 3rd chapter. I’m glad there was finally a change in locations - and that they were twice as big as in the first two chapters - but I’m not happy it was dungeon crawl Laughing Generally not a fan of exploring caves, and in a game where everything is so bleak it was kinda unwelcomed. Also the gameplay didn’t change a bit: for the most part it was of “bring me something I need and I will give you something I don’t need” kind of fetch quests + some trial-and-error combinations. There was one very easy code lock puzzle and a couple of neat uses of magic skills, but none of them stood out for me.

Like everyone else I got stuck on that moment, although I actually kinda get it - it’s right there with classic adventure tropes: you see a hole, so your basic adventure instinct should be exploring it immediately, and the fact that it’s non-interactive adds to thinking outside of box. What I really don’t like is that the game is very unfriendly when it comes to using wrong items: there’s basically only one response (a-la “this doesn’t work”) which is a very lazy game design.

There’s still no story development, and the creatures we meet don’t add anything to it. Maybe only the gnomes (of the vattars) were entertaining, and at least one of them wasn’t hostile, but the greedy goblin and the crazy witch (who sounded exactly like the protagonist) weren’t a bit likable and I saw no reason to help them. Satisfied with the chapter’s ending. Once again we were shown that our creature could actually speed up and run away. Wish there was a change in pace and gameplay. Sorry if I sound grumpy, it’s just that I was hoping for a more lighthearted experience))

PC means personal computer

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top