• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445KeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Neofeud

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2017-04-13

PM

chrissie - 14 October 2017 12:45 PM

I’ve finished the game & I’ve got to say was completely blown away by the artwork, plot & the characters! It also left me thinking as the story, although set in the future, very much echoes the attitudes, prejudices, injustices, corruption etc in the present day world quite powerfully but in an engaging & fun way.

The game is very much enhanced by the excellent voice-acting particularly that of one of the main characters but for players who don’t like dialogue-heavy games steer away as there’s lots!

On the subject of dialogue that particularly for the AI character for me stands out as being so brilliant & masterful as along with the way it was delivered it was full of content amusingly integrated that refers to so much that we recognise in our current culture re games, books, films, quotes, history etc, etc which reminded me a little of a film or TV series I watched where aliens learnt about the human race through streaming of TV & ads & got things a little wrong. The character’s speech is also influenced by ‘street’ terminology which may be offensive to some players.

Silverspook, it must have taken you forever to think up & write all of that dialogue for the AI + the amount of research you must have done for other info is phenomenal! Thumbs Up

Thanks Chrissie for playing, finishing the game, and your kind feedback! I’m really glad that the game’s commentary on issues in our current reality came through while still being engaging and fun. That’s exactly what I was hoping for.

Neofeud has I believe 60,000 words of dialog, and getting everything voice acted took a couple of months alone! I voice acted the playable ‘bot’ character as well as the main protagonist, so thanks for that as well. His way of speaking was modeled strongly on the urban ‘street’ kids I worked with as a teacher for under-resourced youth, and particularly in the way that they would just incorporate words and phrasings from street culture, pop culture, movies, games, etc.. And having failed in or dropped out of school, they naturally didn’t have ‘the officially sanctioned understanding’ of everything.

Thus they would constantly get everything mixed up or misunderstood, though you could still kind of interpret what they were trying to say. But that ‘incorrectness’ (often social-incorrectness) was a vital part of enriching and communicating the character and world which produced such an individual, and lead to a lot of often poetic lines that were a joy to write. He was definitely my favorite character both to write and to voice act. So I’m happy that that came through for you!

Thanks again! (And maybe consider a Steam review for Neofeud if you picked it up there. Smile )

Joined 2017-04-13

PM

If you’ve been thinking about getting Neofeud, now is a great time!

This sale is on Itch.io, and will be on till next Saturday.

Joined 2017-04-13

PM

Neofeud is now 25% off for the Halloween Steam Sale, if you’re more inclined to have Neofeud on Steam!  http://store.steampowered.com/app/673850/Neofeud/

(I hadn’t intended the two sales to be so close but being new to Steam, I didn’t realize there was a Halloween sale, oops!)

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I check this hourly:

https://www.whenisthenextsteamsale.com/

Joined 2017-04-13

PM

Wow, I’d never heard of that! I guess that would be useful to snatching up the deals.

I’m new to the Steam sale thing (Neofeud being my first commercial release) but it looks like the bundle discount stacks with the regular sales, and so you can actually get Neofeud + the soundtrack in a bundle for 32% off! If I didn’t already own the game as the developer, I’d be buying that right now. Smile

Joined 2017-04-13

PM

Here’s another recent review that just came in for Neofeud:

“Neofeud is a dystopian cyberpunk adventure that needs to be experienced. [...]

When we think of a cyberpunk dystopia we imagine a world controlled by robots or an evil AI, and a place where humans are in the down low, trying to survive day by day in the gutter. What happens when someone turns these tropes to their head and this world is filled with discarded androids that live in slums, drug addicted and oppressed by multi billion neofeudal corporations? Neofeud, a cyberpunk point and click adventure created by Christian Miller offers an answer to this question.”

[...]
An adventure that will offer you many hours of play and it will make you think about our world and where it is heading. Not many indie games do that, and it is really important.”

Hyper Light Up

Joined 2017-04-13

PM

Hey guys! So I have recently had the pleasure of talking to Mark Yohalem, writer of the Wadjet Eye point-and-click adventure game Primordia for my podcast, which does involve talking about Neofeud and the state adventure games generally speaking.

“In this episode, Silver Spook speaks with Mark Yohalem, writer of Primordia, a legendary sci-fi point-and-click adventure game and a big inspiration behind Neofeud.

Mark and yours truly discuss the State of Adventure Games which somewhat resembles that of Schrodinger’s Cat (never quite alive or dead!), Primordia and the making thereof, Mark’s exciting new ‘mythological, mid-apocalypse RPG’ in development with Wormwood Studios,  some insider game-dev shop-talk, Unity vs Adventure Game Studio pros and cons, Mark’s and my favorite cyberpunk, the difference between depressing and melancholy, the psychological selling-points of post-apocalypses, why appellate lawyers may be cannibal shishkebabs in said apocalypse, and much more!”

Joined 2017-04-13

PM

Just made this new Neofeud cover art for Itch.io (where Neofeud is on sale, by the way!). Let me know what you guys think!

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

Hi, I just picked up your game from itch.io because of the sale after playing through the demo for a bit. I really like the aesthetic and cyberpunk in general so I am looking forward to playing through it.

Joined 2017-04-13

PM

TheLongestJourney - 21 November 2017 11:18 AM

Hi, I just picked up your game from itch.io because of the sale after playing through the demo for a bit. I really like the aesthetic and cyberpunk in general so I am looking forward to playing through it.

Thanks for picking up Neofeud and I’m glad you found at least the demo to your liking!

Joined 2017-04-13

PM

So first off, Neofeud is 33% off this week on Steam!

Neofeud is 33% off this week on Steam]

And the big news is I will be streaming live on my Youtube channel on Thanksgiving at 11 AM Pacific Time!

Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/user/twiliteminotaur/videos

Come hang out! Grin In addition to the above mentioned hijinx, I will also likely be doing a bit of gamedev and making some announcements on the upcoming Silver Spook Games projects.

No turkeys were harmed in the making of this poster!
Next up, I am happy to announce that I am currently in the process of porting Neofeud to Mac, and have a potential solution in the works! I can’t give any specific dates on a release, but it is definitely in the pipeline. Smile

In addition, here is the most recent Silver Spook Podcast where I talk to the creator of cyberpunk strategy game Spinnortality:

In this episode, Silver Spook speaks with Jamie Patton, creator of Spinnortality, a groundbreaking cyberpunk game in mid-Kickstarter. Cyberpunk strategy/management game. In Spinnortality, you, “Run a global megacorporation. Manipulate culture, destroy governments and become immortal.”

Spinnortality website: https://spinnortality.com/

Spinnortality kickstarter: https://wwwkickstarter.com/projects/...

Follow Jamie: https://twitter.com/james_d_patton

Joined 2017-04-13

PM

Today is the last day to get Neofeud on sale if you were thinking about it! http://store.steampowered.com/app/673850/Neofeud/

Joined 2017-04-13

PM

Hey guys, if you have played and liked Neofeud, please consider voting for it for “Indie of the Year” on IndieDB!

Joined 2017-04-13

PM

Here’s a recent review of Neofeud, and I wish I was fluent in Spanish so I could read what the reviewer is saying in their native language. But thank you, Google Translate!

“A much more complex world than what is shown in Blade Runner, which inspired it, and this game also poses itself as a more in-depth and realistic reflection of the dilemma insinuated by the replicants.”

“From the point of view of music and dubbing Neofeud has nothing to envy of major titles.”

“Neofeud is an old-fashioned point-and-click, which really reminded me of Space Quest in setting and graphics. The story takes place in a hypothetical 2033, where artificial self-conscious intelligences are now reality. Self-awareness, however, has consequences, first of all the affirmation as an individual and, as such, with rights and desires. This involves a whole new slice of society trying to integrate into the already existing human one. War veterans, domestic workers, workers, each with a different level of consciousness, which determines their rights. Just one percentage point to finish at the same level as vacuum cleaners, while experiencing real emotions and sensations.”

“If you are not captured by the story of the protagonist, it will be the game world that will intrigue you and push you to explore each scene and dialogue from beginning to end.”

The reviewer also compared Neofeud with Neil Blomkamp and District 9, which is a high complement for me, since I consider D-9 as one of if not the greatest sci-fi films of the past few decades.

https://nerdando.com/2017/12/04/neofeud-unavventura-cyberpunk-profonda-e-retro/

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Great review!

I would look at the original but… er… my Spanish isn’t all that great.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top