• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Upcoming adventure games you’re REALLY excited about

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Karlok - 20 November 2020 10:44 AM

Games I’m really excited about:
12 Minutes - an interactive thriller about a man trapped in a time loop; the moment I watched the trailer I knew I wanted to play this game, and not just because I love time travel/loops

This one have been on my wishlist forever - sure does look interesting

Games I’m interested in:
The Murder Mystery Machine - deduction Smile

I’ve heard this one is being released on Apple Arcade episodically. If anyone had a chance to try it - I’d love to know how is the game? It looks like it could be a blast, but they are taking forever on Steam and still don’t know the date. I rhetorically wonder if games like these have solid sale numbers on Apple platform…

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2017-05-04

PM

Hey there! The Season of the Warlock devs here. Thanks for mentioning the game, jackal. Smile

DCast - 19 November 2020 11:50 AM

I’m not following these closely, but I had a feeling all three of those became stagnant at some point. Season of the Warlock looks especially interesting to me, but I all but wrote them off at this point. I suppose it’s not over if you still naming them as highly anticipated

Yep, it’s not over indeed! As jackal said, it’s taking a long time. We’re completely self-funding the thing and we’re a very small team, just two people. We’re currently finishing QA for one of the game paths (there’re two paths to choose from!) and polishing it up. We’ve been redoing some things too as for the game to be in the best possible shape, like some character models and animations—over the course of the development, we’ve already redone most if not all of the backgrounds to give them more detail, we’re that crazy. Wink

The main reason we’re not updating our social network accounts is that we don’t have the time to do it properly. I’m sure many small studios are able to manage, and it really blows our minds, ‘cause we just don’t know how to pay attention to so many things at once.

We want to publish our Steam page soon and we’ve been working on a little teaser video. You’ll be first to know when we get it online. Let’s hope it’s good enough for you at the Adventure Gamers forums wishlisting it!

Also, attached’s a sneak peak! If you compare it to the same green living room in the screenshot section for the game here at AG, you’ll notice some changes we hope you like. Grin

Image Attachments

screenshot.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Currently developing: The Season of the Warlock

Wishlist in Steam if you like it, please! It helps a lot!

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

enComplot - 21 November 2020 06:00 PM

Hey there! The Season of the Warlock devs here. Thanks for mentioning the game, jackal. Smile
Yep, it’s not over indeed! As jackal said, it’s taking a long time. We’re completely self-funding the thing and we’re a very small team, just two people. We’re currently finishing QA for one of the game paths (there’re two paths to choose from!) and polishing it up. We’ve been redoing some things too as for the game to be in the best possible shape, like some character models and animations—over the course of the development, we’ve already redone most if not all of the backgrounds to give them more detail, we’re that crazy. Wink

That’s fantastic news, thanks! I initially was drawn to the visuals, so back onto the highly anticipated list (of the games that seem most likely to come out Smile ) it goes. Looking forward to the teaser and eventual game. Does 2021 sound realistic?

Now I wish that every dev of the games we wait for but haven’t heard about in a while would stop by and give a quick update.  Grin

Total Posts: 260

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

enComplot - 21 November 2020 06:00 PM

DCast - 19 November 2020 11:50 AM

I’m not following these closely, but I had a feeling all three of those became stagnant at some point. Season of the Warlock looks especially interesting to me, but I all but wrote them off at this point. I suppose it’s not over if you still naming them as highly anticipated

The main reason we’re not updating our social network accounts is that we don’t have the time to do it properly. I’m sure many small studios are able to manage, and it really blows our minds, ‘cause we just don’t know how to pay attention to so many things at once.

Don’t worry. I’m just glad that you’re still working on it.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2017-05-04

PM

DCast - 21 November 2020 07:04 PM

Does 2021 sound realistic?

Sure, it does sound realistic enough! That’s in fact what we’re aiming for. Anyway, last time we printed some badges for an event (AdvX 2016), they said the game was to be ready on 2017 in shiny white letters—three years have passed, and look at us. Grin

LittleRose - 21 November 2020 08:01 PM

Don’t worry. I’m just glad that you’re still working on it.

Thank you! It’s reassuring to hear that.

Currently developing: The Season of the Warlock

Wishlist in Steam if you like it, please! It helps a lot!

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Hi everyone!
Decided to bring this thread back for “Summer Edition”. Last time people recommended many games I haven’t even heard of and shared more info about the ones I thought were in development limbo (see right above - we even had the developer step in and give us an update and a cool screen) that I think it’s a great idea to keep sharing our most anticipated games. Some of the ones from our lists have been released, some postponed, some got a solid date, so let’s see what everyone’s excited about from ,say, NOW (how convenient that it’s a last day of the month!) till September.

Post games that you know have a May + summer as their release projection time frame (yes, of course, they can move it, but we have to go off something…)

Post games that you think may be released in the summer, even though no solid date has been set. I know it’s sounds vague, but I have quite a few games that say “2021” or “Coming Soon” as the release, and I’m 90% they won’t be coming in the next three months (or it will be a great surprise!), and some that look just about done. It’s a feeling Grin
Feel free to add “I REALLY wish [insert the name of the game] would come out this summer” as well. Why not?

Finally, because talking about games is just fun and everyone’s welcome, even if you have one single game that you’re waiting for and it comes out in December - well, what the hell! - share it as well, mark it as such (to keep majority to summer dates somewhat) and let us all get excited about it.

Also, I like seeing what other genres adventure fans love to play, so if you’re anticipating something that is a mix or not an adventure at all - add that up, maybe someone who shares similar views will discover something to look forward to.

Here are mine in (as of this moment) chronological order:

1. The Invisible Hand - May 7th. The first one on the list and it happened to be NOT an adventure game Innocent  It’s a satirical economic sim about investment with style that reminds me of “The Norwood Suite” (kinda hard to see it unless you played the demo). Got into investments and trading recently, and I love political and social satire, so I’m really excited about this one.

2.Not Another Weekend - May 20th. Point’n'click, comedy, 1980s - count me in. Had a blast with the demo, so this will be a day 1 buy.

3.Strangeland - May 25th. This one is pretty self-explanatory, and I know I’m not the only one considering it one of the biggest adventure releases in 2021, so let’s just see who’s NOT waiting for this game Grin

4.An Airport For Aliens Currently Run By Dogs - May 25th. Ok, I’ve come across this gem only a week ago, but after watching the trailer - I’m going for it. Mostly because I get infinite amount of money, because dogs don’t care about money - they just want everyone to be happy Grin But really - I love well-made “joke” games

5.Highrisers - May 27th Another non-adventure game. We’ve got crafting/survival RPG situation going on here, and together with the graphics it seems like my kinda jam

6.Ambition: A minuet in Power- Spring 2021. This one isn’t my usual fare, because I’m not much into visual novels, BUT it’s a politically-centered CYOA visual novel, and I love myself a good power play, so it looks very intriguing.

7.The Corruption Within - June 9th. Old-school horror point’n'click with an interesting premise and cool visuals.

8.Chronicles of Cascadia - June 2021. An anthology of three short 1980s classic adventure games with text parser. I know they have been done for GameJam, but, I believe, were updated in both - puzzles and visuals, and if done right - it could be great entertainment.

9.Almost My Floor - August 2021. Looks and plays (at least the demo) like a really fun adventure with some paranormal flair. Having good hopes for this one.

10.Lake - Summer 2021. I know this one also have been on quite a few people’s lists. The self-exploration on going from big city job to a small town mail carrier set in the 80s sounds very promising. Not the kind of game I usually go for, but this one seem to carry certain charm.

11.Undying - Summer 2021. Genre-bending survival adventure RPG set in a zombie-infested world. Didn’t expect much when I tried the demo, but the story seems deeper than I anticipated, and the crafting element is pretty challenging, plus the game is beautiful, so I wait.

12.Absolute Zero - Summer 2021. I initially added this game because it gave me Culpa Innata crossed with Feeble Files vibes for some reason (visually, mostly), but after all of our talks about Culpa Innata it made me look forward this strange and funny 3D adventure even more.

13.Road 96 Summer 2021. This is, probably, the most intriguing game on the list. It’s being advertised as procedurally generated road trip where you get to pick your hitchhiking adventure (danger! mayhem! drama!) as you go. I highly recommend both trailers to get people excited. Absolutely stoked for this one!

Can’t wait to hear what everyone’s waiting for.

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I think Strangeland is the most expected game to be released this year.

I would like to add the following ones (hopefully will be released in 2021…):

3 Minutes to Midnight Adventure game debut from an Spanish studio, following the path of Pendulo and, why not, maybe improving it…

The Last Campfire I am really curious about an adventure made by the people of No Man’s Sky.

Incantamentum The new game from Cloak and Dagger Games. For me, enough credentials.

Impostor FactoryFrom the guy behind To The Moon and Finding Paradise. All said.

The Season of the Warlock You have already spoken about it in this thread.

EDIT. And now and because I am so impatient I read the fine print on DCast post and realize said SUMMER, so I apologize… but it took me a while to write this so… please, don’t delete it Innocent

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

walas74 - 01 May 2021 12:31 AM

I think Strangeland is the most expected game to be released this year.

I would like to add the following ones (hopefully will be released in 2021…):

3 Minutes to Midnight Adventure game debut from an Spanish studio, following the path of Pendulo and, why not, maybe improving it…

The Last Campfire I am really curious about an adventure made by the people of No Man’s Sky.

Incantamentum The new game from Cloak and Dagger Games. For me, enough credentials.

Impostor FactoryFrom the guy behind To The Moon and Finding Paradise. All said.

The Season of the Warlock You have already spoken about it in this thread.

EDIT. And now and because I am so impatient I read the fine print on DCast post and realize said SUMMER, so I apologize… but it took me a while to write this so… please, don’t delete it Innocent

I would never! Grin

I’m, indeed, looking forward to all of those. Season of the Warlock (so glad they finally have a storefront in Steam!) and Incantamentum, especially.

I can’t quite make up my mind The Last Campfire… I haven’t played No Man’s Sky, but it seems to be extremely divisive game in terms of opinions on how devs handled it. It seems like a really cute puzzle game, so I keep my eye on it.

I also feel like 3 Minutes to Midnight got a big swing when they started, in terms of the “hype”, but now they keep it relatively low-key, and I hope it’s a sign of some serious work and potentially really good game coming!

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Thanks! I backed 3 Minutes to Midnight and the last update was on February 17th:

We haven’t stopped working since the last update! Seriously, we should probably go out for a walk at least. Our team is still teleworking, and Spain continues to close municipal borders and restrict travel, making the development process take longer than we anticipated. That’s the bad news. The good news, however, is that the end of development for 3 Minutes to Midnight is in sight! We’re both happy and sad to be almost finished. You can see our actual completion percentages at the end of this update, but let’s discuss the details.

The first half of the game is currently in the testing phase, and our programmers are hard at work finishing up the second half. Due to all the different paths, solutions, and choices the player can make, testing is a massive undertaking. We expect it to take several months to complete that phase of the project. To give you an idea of how in-depth our testing process is, it took our team of testers between 8 and 18 hours each to finish Chapter 1. Since our game has five chapters, some more puzzle-heavy than others, it’s gonna take us a lot of work, coffee, and time to make sure everything is perfect. Don’t worry—we’re making absolutely sure that every option leads exactly where it should. When we have a better idea of our release timeline, you’ll be the first to know. (Heck, we’d like to know too!) Our crystal ball is on the fritz, and we don’t want to make promises we can’t keep, so we’re not announcing a release date yet, but rest assured you’ll be informed at least three months before it comes out.

We also want to address an issue that arose after our last update. Some people believed this announcement meant we would be releasing a playable demo for backers. While we do have a fully playable build, it was never intended for distribution—it’s a tool for our testers and Quality Assurance team. We’re not planning on releasing a new demo of 3M2M. Some of you may have played our original demo at E3 or Gamescom, but that doesn’t represent the game as it currently stands. We’ve made quite a lot of improvements since that early build! (Okay, more like one hell of a lot of improvements.) Unfortunately, creating a demo for our backers would only add three more months to our current time development, and we’d rather prioritize getting the game out to you as soon as possible, and at the highest level of quality.

All of us at the studio have been heartened and motivated by the support we’ve been shown, and we want you to know we really do appreciate your patience and positivity.

From the entire Scarecrow Studio team, we wish you the very best year ahead! Take care of yourselves.

🟢 100% of environments drawn

🟢 100% of environments painted

🟢 100% of characters drawn and painted

🟢 100% of game design and puzzles finished

🟢 100% of the soundtrack composed

🟢 100% of animations completed

🟡 90% of script reviewed

🟡 85% of game logic assembled

🟠 25% of game tested and finalized

🔴 5% of voice acting executed.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Thanks walas74! I only checked their Steam page where don’t post any updates, and their website where it’s also pretty quiet. It’s good to know that they are close to the finish line, and I hope they have enough budget for a killer voice-over.

I’m starting to think of you as of a somewhat adventure gaming insider - what’s with all you translation work. I hope you aren’t holding out some juicy scoop of AG news on us Grin

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

DCast - 01 May 2021 05:52 AM

Thanks walas74! I only checked their Steam page where don’t post any updates, and their website where it’s also pretty quiet. It’s good to know that they are close to the finish line, and I hope they have enough budget for a killer voice-over.

I’m starting to think of you as of a somewhat adventure gaming insider - what’s with all you translation work. I hope you aren’t holding out some juicy scoop of AG news on us Grin

Haha, well, my translations are amateur and always after release so no inside information from that side. Being betatester is another question… You know one must agree a no discloser agreement and all that. I can only say Strangeland is going to be a very strange game, obscure, bizarre but hypnotic…

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

Thanks for the heads-up, Dcast. Both Lake and Road 96 look promising.

Total Posts: 837

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I’m not sure if it’s scheduled to be released this year, but I am really looking forward to The Crimson Diamond, an AGI style game in the vein of The Colonel’s Bequest.
As an avid hiker and adventure gamer who has also explored the Cascades just a little bit, I’m also looking forward to Cascadia Quest.

Lucy Dreaming looks fun as well. A demo was just released, which I downloaded but haven’t played yet.

Perhaps most of all, though, I would *love* an announcement from Himalaya Studios about a new project. They’ve been very very quiet since the release of Mage’s Initiation, which I *greatly* enjoyed. One of my favorite game developers, full stop. Anyone know what the story is with them lately?

Also, and this one seems unlikely, but KingArt announcing a Book of Unwritten Tales 3 would be great. The second game ended with so much unresolved. I’m not the kind of player who thinks that every loose end must always be tied—life’s just not like that; I’m sure I’ll die with several unresolved plot threads—but isn’t the pilot-pirate-swashbuckling guy whose name I forgot still a stone statue?. That’s just begging for a continuation!

EDIT:

Oh, and for non-adventure games, I’d be keen to play a new Dragon Quest game in 2022. Most of all though, I think I’d like a sequel or a significant DLC update to Ring Fit Adventure for Nintendo Switch. This and Dance Dance Revolution were by far my most played games of the last 18 months.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Baron_Blubba - 01 May 2021 05:11 PM

I’m not sure if it’s scheduled to be released this year, but I am really looking forward to The Crimson Diamond, an AGI style game in the vein of The Colonel’s Bequest.
As an avid hiker and adventure gamer who has also explored the Cascades just a little bit, I’m also looking forward to Cascadia Quest.

I think that Cascadia Quest and Chronicles of Cascadia that I have on my list (#8) are from the same developer and made in the same vein, from genre to style. Not sure why is one game released separately and the rest three as anthology, but perhaps the Cascadia Quest will stand as a full-fledged lengthy adventure (the rest are updated remakes of the GameJam entries), although, it’s interesting that they both have “Cascadia” in their name.

@furgotten - My pleasure! I was absolutely excited with Road 96 trailer!

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Backbone just posted an 8th of June release date after a looong wait… Is anyone looking forward to this one?
I’ll try almost anything with a “noir” tag, but this one looks really promising, and the prologue (that you can still try as a demo on Steam) was rather intriguing.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top