• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #38: Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The game just scared the s… out of me! When I entered the tavern/my room, there was a slight color blinking, most noticeable in the inventory area! I thought my monitor has gone bad! But it’s just a “special effect”, probably mimicking the light coming from the fireplace/candles. Tongue

Hadn’t noticed that earlier (and hadn’t seen something similar in other games), but now in the era of huge screens you can’t miss it. Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 23 February 2016 07:47 PM

I may have hit a bug, not sure. I can’t buy the souvenir with the franc I got from the bedroom in the inn. Something else I’m not sure about: DEAD ENDS! Huuuuu! Diego, do you remember if there are any? I think I messed up with Juliette by going too fast for her liking and now I can’t get back up the balcony to search her room for stuff I need. I do remember I need an object from her room. Rats. I guess I have to replay parts. Frown

Ha. Adventure gamers! A guy has been murdered and we’re worried about buying souvenirs. Grin

I reached the map pretty quickly. I remember last time getting stuck early so this time I’m going to do only what I need to. It’s pretty open from the start, like MI2.

One thing I have noticed - this game has a strange fascination with windows. Not the Microsoft kind.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Oscar - 23 February 2016 10:55 PM

It’s pretty open from the start, like MI2.

Oh, yeah - it’s PRETTY much like MI2 - down to the similar graphics style. And Rouen is just like Scabb Island, it’s pretty open from the start though you still can’t travel between towns (islands).

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Here’s a short guitar cover of the “Musketeers” theme Tongue

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 23 February 2016 08:05 PM

Look at that screenshot of yours! You’re not supposed to have all that money. The innkeeper took it away, right? Same with me. I’m rolling in money and can’t buy the statuette.  Worse, if you open Henri’s inventory, that bloody baggar is rich too and you can’t use any of his coins.

So I went back to an earlier save, replayed a bit and did what you said: buy without handing the seller any money. It worked this time. Smile

I wish the game wouldn’t crack the exact same jokes every time you go up a street.  Thumbs Up
But I’m enjoying it. Have reached San Quentin.  I’ll stop there.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 24 February 2016 06:11 PM

I wish the game wouldn’t crack the exact same jokes every time you go up a street.  Thumbs Up

Hehe, yeah. But I guess it’s OK (as cathedrals go Grin ).

Also, “I wonder what the lads are up to today?”, even when there’s no more than 1 lad inside. But I just love this sort of “freedom” the game gives you - not too much right at the start, but in a perfect dosage.

Note: I have decided to go with the “interactive” playthrough tempo - if all players that are playing have reached the map section, there’s no need to wait ‘till Sunday. If not, we’ll go with the proposed tempo. Also, pay attention because there will be quiz section at the end of each playthrough part. Tongue

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 24 February 2016 06:30 PM

Also, pay attention because there will be quiz section at the end of each playthrough part. Tongue

Oh boy! I’m out of here!

No, I’m not.

Tongue

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 23 February 2016 02:38 PM
diego - 23 February 2016 11:42 AM
rtrooney - 23 February 2016 11:24 AM

I downloaded the zip copy from the PM. Anyone have step-by-step instructions for setting it up on DOSbox?

Have you tried using Scummvm? (there’s no need to install the game, just load and play)

I’m a complete technical dunce Tim but I got the game working in Scummvm (which I’ve never tried before & might try some other games I’ve got with it too sometime!) & it did seem quite easy just bumbling through! My version is going to be interesting I think as it’s all English voicing but the subtitles are in German   Laughing

I’m not a complete dunce when it comes to technology. But when it comes to getting old games to play on modern computers, give me the hat and put me in the corner!

I’ve downloaded the game’s zip file. And, I’ve downloaded both the Win32 scummvm installer and the Win32 scummvm application.

I’m assuming that I will create a Toche folder and un-zip the game to that. And I know that once scummvm is installed, I will “add” Touche to scummvm, and I will be able to play.

But what do I need to do to install scummvm? Do I need both the installer and the application? Or just the former, or just the latter? As I’ve never used scummvm before, I don’t have a clue what I’m doing. And there appears to be no documentation at the scummvm site.

TIA, Tim

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

http://scummvm.org/frs/scummvm/1.7.0/scummvm-1.7.0-win32.exe You just need this

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 24 February 2016 07:19 PM

But what do I need to do to install scummvm? Do I need both the installer and the application? Or just the former, or just the latter? As I’ve never used scummvm before, I don’t have a clue what I’m doing. And there appears to be no documentation at the scummvm site.

Oh please! There’s all the documentation, instruction, manual, help you need at the scummvm site. Getting scummvm to work is really very simple.

Here you go. Just READ it.

http://scummvm.org/faq/

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Thank you ever so much for the polite response.

I was looking forward to this playthrough. But now I am not.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Okay, I’m out of here. Have fun!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

You’re not out of here, Karlok, you’re my bestest Touche companion!

Rtrooney, can’t you just try to get the game going and talk about the game? And ask for any technical help (or hints) here?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Okidoki. Come on, rtrooney, let’s have a nice discussion about the game. Smile

Vive La France! En garde!

This is a good moment to let the cat out of the bag: I have a French maiden name and my ancestors were French hugenots. Don’t know what our dear musketeer will think of that… very early in the game the Dutch protestants are mentioned too, and not in a good way.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

INTS (part 1):

As there’re no UHS hints for Touche, I decided to put hints in “grades” for some key puzzles (pun not intended) in the first part (perhaps I’ll add some more - you can do it, too, these are from the top of my head):

The captain is looking for a letter! How can I help him?!

First order of business if to check ALL parts of the table, all papers etc. - there’re several little hotspots to be found on the table - and different pile of pappers!

Eventually, you’ll get a blank paper. Could this be the letter?

The captain was obviously using something other than the ink to write with as he’s out of ink, which isn’t initially visible.

Inspect the fruits on the table. Perhaps he was writing with a lemon?

Use the paper on the candle to reveal the letter.

How can I help put down Michelangelo da Vinci?

Perhaps you can make him fall down.

There’s a key to the gate.

Unfortunately, you can’t reach it. You’ll need a tool for that.

The tool is at the Stables.

Get tongs from the left wall.

How can I enter Juliette’s room?

You’ll get to the balcony with a little help from the cart. Did you see the rope?

Use the dagger on the rope

How can I enter Juliette’s room AGAIN?

Have you watched athletics sometime? There’s a discipline that could be useful here.

Namely, pole vault. Now, if only you had a pole…

For a pole, you’ll use the broken ladder.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top