• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 23 April 2013

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Today, some evil mummies on rails!

I had my problems with the 5th Layton game’s political message, and that puzzle with the mummies annoyed me to no end, but it was nice that the sequence in the temple attempted to add a little variety to the gameplay.

Am I the only one still playing the daily downloadable puzzles? They’ve gotten horribly repetitive at this point, but still they’re a nice way to extend the game’s life.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m in the final stretch of Virtue’s Last Reward now, and this is the game I’ll play immediately afterwards. I’m expecting a similar quality as the other 4 games (who were all comparable).

My guess is that, just like on the previous versions of the game, the daily “downloadable” puzzles are already physically on the cartridge. They just get unlocked.
Anyway, I’ve played all the daily downloadable puzzles of all these games, so you’re not the only one playing them.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The part in the temple was my favourite part of the game, at least it added some variety like Kuru said. I would have liked it to be longer and more difficult. In the last 2 games I started to feel Layton fatigue I think, I’m getting tired of playing the little variations of the same puzzles. One of the reasons I never download the daily puzzles after finishing it.

That said, I’ll still play the last game of the second trilogy to see how it ends.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top