• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

SpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz : “Listen: The Forest is Calling” [ENDED]

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Karlok, this is my last response to you, ever!
Have a nice life!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

DarkEye - 16 February 2021 06:20 AM

Karlok, this is my last response to you, ever!
Have a nice life!

YOU brought it up in this thread, not me. But I can certainly understand why you’d rather not post your reply to my apology.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Darn! Heaven’s Hope, Whispered World, Crystal Scull, Igor - I knew all those owls, but for some reason kept confusing them. I was sure the one from HH came from a Daedalic game, Night of the Rabbit in particular, and researched other options from early FMV games for a CS one. Also shame on me for not recognizing Sierra and Legend games and for recognizing, but not PMing some other titles like Amazon, Touche, Aztec, thought I’d need to research them first too. Oh well, this was a grand quiz, one of the best in my memory despite there are so many obscure games I’ve never played or heard of. Thank you, DarkEye, and congratulations to the winners!

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thank you DarkEye for an excellent quiz - yes it was challenging but as with quizzes in general I enjoyed browsing many interesting screenshots of games that I otherwise wouldn’t know about. 

TimovieMan - 15 February 2021 04:52 PM

Darnit, why don’t I ever guess?

17 reminded me a bit of Donald Dowell, but I couldn’t find the screenshot so I didn’t bother to guess it…

Same here, I didn’t guess it for the same reason & could also have kicked myself for not guessing the Edna & Harvey one!

I really thought I would be either 3rd or 4th but just within the last 45 mins I had an inkling that no 14 could be one of the quirky characters in one of the Zork games so went on to You Tube. Then as there was still some time to go I quickly looked through some more galleries to unexpectedly find the Simon the Sorcerer pic so that was a complete fluke!  Laughing

The 2 pics that frustrated me the most were no 20 & 42 as I’d seen them before even though I’d never played either The Day the World Broke or Dondra - I couldn’t find them in any galleries I looked at so guess I must have seen them sometime in the galleries of the now discontinued ‘The Legacy’ & ‘Adventure Archive’ sites.

Looking for the Dondra pic I lost count of how many Apple II games with similar graphics I You Tubed fruitlessly but it was an education! 

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

You’re right, chrissie. Dondra’s screenshot was from Legacy, along with few others! Oh boy, how I miss this site.🤧

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Good news is - is that your quizzes are fun and well done. If all you do are quizzes, I am more than fine with that.

Looking fwd to the next and maybe I’ll do better than last place.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Adv_Lvr - 16 February 2021 02:09 PM

Good news is - is that your quizzes are fun and well done. If all you do are quizzes, I am more than fine with that.

Thank you, Adv_Lvr! Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 135

Joined 2015-10-03

PM

congratulations to chrissie and thanks for a great quiz DarkEye.

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2019-10-03

PM

Doom - 16 February 2021 08:41 AM

Oh well, this was a grand quiz, one of the best in my memory despite there are so many obscure games I’ve never played or heard of.

Seconded! This was a great one. Part of why I enjoy these quizzes is that I always learn about games I’ve never tried before.

Former AG staff writer Will Aickman

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

@Cicerone53, Forgot to mention, your “Quiz answers” titles were very amusing!😆

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Congratulations to the top scores! It was a tough but fun Quiz.

And thanks to DarkEye por bringing it up here!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

DarkEye - 17 February 2021 03:07 AM

@Cicerone53, Forgot to mention, your “Quiz answers” titles were very amusing!😆

Please share Cicerone53!  Smile

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2019-10-03

PM

I can’t post them in public—I don’t want future quizmasters to know I’m reusing my own material!

Former AG staff writer Will Aickman

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top