• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz : “Listen: The Forest is Calling” [ENDED]

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

DarkEye - 15 February 2021 08:30 AM

@Karlok -I seriously doubt that eddyc or anyone who is constantly near the top is that good without proper research!

I don’t have doubts about D/Bastich or Eddyc’s ability to recognize screenshots without any/much research. But of course my opinion in this matter is just as irrelevant as yours.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

a couple of these.. I know them! 38 and 70 in particular are driving me crazy. I shall now spend 5 minutes trying to will them into my mind.

edit: no luck. Foiled by dialectical materialism, again.

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2019-10-03

PM

The Whispered goddamned World. A game that I didn’t even bother to double-check, because I told myself “I know those visuals so well that I’d be able to recognize any of them on first glance.” If anyone needs me I’ll be in my atonement corner with a length of leathern cord.

Former AG staff writer Will Aickman

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Thank you all for taking part in this quiz! Smile
Congratulations to chrissie for winning this quiz in the last minutes! Thumbs Up
Also well done eddyc & Lady Kestrel for missing top spot only by a single point! Good job Renacimiento! Thumbs Up

Please let me know if there are some mistakes. There was so much editing…
Until the next time, my friends! Smile

FINAL RESULTS:
chrissie 71 (55+16)
eddyc 70 (56+14)
Lady Kestrel 70 (54+16)
Renacimiento 68 (54+14)
Cicerone53 60 (48+12)
TimovieMan 42 (32+10)
Marzipan 39 (31+8)
Vegetable Party 34 (24+10)
Doom 29 (25+4)
Karlok 20 (14+6)
namehaver 14 (8+6)
walas74 10 (8+2)
mbday630 5
Adv_Lvr 2

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Darnit, why don’t I ever guess?

17 reminded me a bit of Donald Dowell, but I couldn’t find the screenshot so I didn’t bother to guess it…
On the other hand, it did lead me to finding 65. Tales by the same dev… Innocent

Congrats to chrissie, eddyc, Lady Kestrel and Renacimiento for the *very* tight race. Thumbs Up

And thanks to DarkEye for the excellent (but hard) quiz! Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Some considerations:

8 ) I thought this was a more popular game, I was looking elsewhere. -_-
36) I should have known. Sorry, Jep. : (
61) It was giving me headaches, I knew I had seen it but couldn’t remember where.

Many thanks to: DarkEye, for such a good quiz, I really enjoyed it.

Congratulations: To chrissie, in the last minutes you took the win!, eddyc, Lady Kestrel & Cicerone53 for offering a tight and even resolution until the end. And to everyone else for participating.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2019-10-03

PM

Renacimiento - 15 February 2021 05:25 PM

Some considerations:

8 ) I thought this was a more popular game, I was looking elsewhere. -_-

I was absolutely certain, without a doubt, that I’d seen it before. Turns out I’ve never even heard of the game.

Former AG staff writer Will Aickman

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2019-01-19

PM

The Whispered World. Of course it is. How did I miss that? But then again, there’re always some screenshots I do recognise but I don’t. Thanks for this head scratcher, DarkEye. Slightly ( Innocent ) more difficult but fun as always.

Cicerone53 - 15 February 2021 05:29 PM

I was absolutely certain, without a doubt, that I’d seen it before. Turns out I’ve never even heard of the game.

After staring long enough at the screenshots they all look familiar.  Grin

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2015-07-23

PM

Loved this quiz - thanks!

Yeah, only about half of my “8 screenshots I recognize but can’t put a name on” were actually ones I played before and should’ve known.

I think there was a screenshot or two that I thought I knew because I confused it with a forum avatar somewhere…

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I wasn’t at the bottom!  whoooooo hooooo. I am usually the worst at these!  But, it is so fun, so, thank you Dark Eye for doing this. Every day I would look to see if I could get more. What a great time!

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks for the challenge, DarkEye!  It was good fun!  My biggest head slap is Summit of the Wolf.  I looked at the thumbnail screenshots here but my eyes seems to have slid past the one with the sign because I was probably focused on not looking at the spider.  However, the sign must have registered in my subconscious because I kept thinking I saw it recently. 

Congratulations for squeezing that last answer out, Chrissie!  Kudos also to Eddyc and Renacimiento.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Lady Kestrel - 15 February 2021 11:16 PM

Thanks for the challenge, DarkEye!  It was good fun!  My biggest head slap is Summit of the Wolf.  I looked at the thumbnail screenshots here but my eyes seems to have slid past the one with the sign because I was probably focused on not looking at the spider.  However, the sign must have registered in my subconscious because I kept thinking I saw it recently. 

Congratulations for squeezing that last answer out, Chrissie!  Kudos also to Eddyc and Renacimiento.

That spider was part of this quiz, until the day before I posted it here. I’ve switched it with that sign, because there is more of green colour around… Tongue

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

namehaver - 15 February 2021 06:47 PM

Loved this quiz - thanks!

Yeah, only about half of my “8 screenshots I recognize but can’t put a name on” were actually ones I played before and should’ve known.

I think there was a screenshot or two that I thought I knew because I confused it with a forum avatar somewhere…

haha I was about to type the same thing.  Smile

Thank you, DarkEye, for a great challenge and all the work that went into it. Congratulations chrissie! And well done to all the other contestants, I hope everyone had a couple of “Eureka!” moments, those are the best.

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Thank you, Karlok, It’s nice to be on your infamous list again!

Kind Regards!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

DarkEye - 16 February 2021 06:01 AM

Thank you, Karlok, It’s nice to be on your infamous list again!

Kind Regards!

I apologized to you in PM. This is what I wrote: DarkEye, I didn’t mean to offend you, but it’s clear that I did. I apologize for that. I should be more sensitive to other people’s feelings.

Go ahead, post your reply to my apology, so everybody can see why I put you on my Blocked List.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top