• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleLady KestrelrtrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Disco Elysium: The Final Cut

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

With the success of Disco Elysium, ZA/UM was able to put more into Disco Elysium: The Final Cut: new storylines, characters, and cutscenes, plus a full English-language voiceover. The Final Cut will be available on Google Stadia, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and as a free upgrade for existing players on Windows PC. (It’ll come to Nintendo Switch and Xbox Series X later in the year.
The Final Cut is the game the team had ‘dreamt of launching’

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wow, that’s pretty cool, i will wait for this, since i didnt play it in the 1st place.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Darn. One of the few times I play a game when it’s still new, and then this happens… Grin

While playing it as a different style of cop would give me a vastly different experience if I replay the game, I don’t really feel like replaying this any time soon… Despite the game being excellent...

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I really should get Disco Elysium at some point. I’ve heard nothing but good things about it, but haven’t yet had the time for it.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

The game has intrigued me as well but everytime I look at the previews, I think the voice acting that was there was a little cringy and the game might have been way too wordy for me.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Excellent News. I always knew I would be re-playing this one but I don’t know how soon I’ll be ready for it. Although I finished it quite a while ago I want to make sure it’s completely out of my system before going back in. New content might swing me to try earlier though.

Jdawg445 - 16 February 2021 11:34 AM

...I think the voice acting that was there was a little cringy and the game might have been way too wordy for me.

Make no mistake, there are plenty of text-only adventures with less reading to be done than this game! However I wouldn’t necessarily let that put you off. I could never get anywhere with The Longest Journey because it was just too wordy for me. With DE I was fine. I think the difference is that while there must be more text in DE it doesn’t feel inconsequential and mundane whereas a lot of TLJ did to me - as far as I got with it anyway.

If you’re drawn to the style/concept etc. but just worried about the amount of text it’s definitely worth a go - maybe in a Steam sale.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Intense Degree - 16 February 2021 12:40 PM

Excellent News. I always knew I would be re-playing this one but I don’t know how soon I’ll be ready for it. Although I finished it quite a while ago I want to make sure it’s completely out of my system before going back in. New content might swing me to try earlier though.

Jdawg445 - 16 February 2021 11:34 AM

...I think the voice acting that was there was a little cringy and the game might have been way too wordy for me.

Make no mistake, there are plenty of text-only adventures with less reading to be done than this game! However I wouldn’t necessarily let that put you off. I could never get anywhere with The Longest Journey because it was just too wordy for me. With DE I was fine. I think the difference is that while there must be more text in DE it doesn’t feel inconsequential and mundane whereas a lot of TLJ did to me - as far as I got with it anyway.

If you’re drawn to the style/concept etc. but just worried about the amount of text it’s definitely worth a go - maybe in a Steam sale.

Thank you that actually helps a lot although I might wait for the director’s cut so I can get the most bang for my buck. It’s got great reviews everywhere. But when I watched a couple mins of the opening, I was like wow it’s non stop talking, which I know it’s a narrative RPG but it did kind of put me off. even though I love love love detective stories.

On a side note you bring up the longest journey and I do agree with you to a certain extent. the one game like that for me though is a moment of silence. that game had so much bad voice acting and it was obvious the author was in love with his own words because th characters would not shut up. I can never get through it

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Anyone finished the final cut?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top