• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Overboard discussion Thread

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

This amazing game, 5 stars out of 5 on this site is stunning. It is a quick play, but has tons of replay value. Let’s play and discuss. It does have LOTS of replay value, with TONS of different endings.

So, instead of clogging up other threads with our posts about this wonderful game, let’s play and post here.

Anyway, each play through of the game only takes a minute and above all, I’d love to hear your comments, good or bad.

I think this game is gunna sweep the Aggies this year,

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I started the game AGAIN after getting the perfect ending AND got different scenes from my other playthroughs - so if you total this up, there is plenty to discover and lots of playtime when playing this game.

Here’s yet another great review of this game:

https://kotaku.com/my-new-switch-obsession-is-a-game-about-covering-up-a-m-1847062474

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 837

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

You have no idea how tempted I am…I’ve just got so many games lined up already. Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, Phantasmagoria…ugh…I think I *will* break down and get this over the weekend, especially since it is so short. The idea of being able to play a complete game over breakfast (chew slowly) is very appealing.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Baron_Blubba - 11 June 2021 07:05 PM

You have no idea how tempted I am…I’ve just got so many games lined up already. Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, Phantasmagoria…ugh…I think I *will* break down and get this over the weekend, especially since it is so short. The idea of being able to play a complete game over breakfast (chew slowly) is very appealing.

Just think about the fun you’ll have murdering all those people over breakfast!

Heart

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

The way my play through of Maniac Mansion is going, I am already murdering plenty of people over breakfast!
But seriously, I’ll give this a go in a little bit and I’m sure I’ll do plenty of blubbing about it when I do.

EDIT: Okay, I just bought and downloaded it. If I don’t have to make a four hour commute tomorrow night to work on Sunday morning (yep, I do sometimes do things other than play adventure games!) I will give it a go then. It’s not like Phantasmagoria is terribly gripping. Well, it’s terrible, but not gripping. Unless you count that haunted bed. But that’s more groping than gripping anyway.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Adv_Lvr - 11 June 2021 06:20 PM
Karlok - 09 June 2021 09:05 AM

I more or less finished Overboard! More or less because I haven’t earned all of the 38 achievements yet and for once I really want to.

I started the game AGAIN after getting the perfect ending AND got different scenes from my other playthroughs - so if you total this up, there is plenty to discover and lots of playtime when playing this game

Yes I KNOW. Why are you quoting me twice, here and in another thread?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Karlok - 12 June 2021 06:45 AM
Adv_Lvr - 11 June 2021 06:20 PM
Karlok - 09 June 2021 09:05 AM

I more or less finished Overboard! More or less because I haven’t earned all of the 38 achievements yet and for once I really want to.

I started the game AGAIN after getting the perfect ending AND got different scenes from my other playthroughs - so if you total this up, there is plenty to discover and lots of playtime when playing this game

Yes I KNOW. Why are you quoting me twice, here and in another thread?

I removed the double quote.

The way my play through of Maniac Mansion is going, I am already murdering plenty of people over breakfast!
But seriously, I’ll give this a go in a little bit and I’m sure I’ll do plenty of blubbing about it when I do.

Can’t wait for you to give the game the BB treatment. I’m sure you will have LOTS to say about this game. Hopefully you like it and it’s not “A New Beginning Part 2”.

Heart

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I was just thinking about that, like ‘uh oh, what if this is another A New Beginning disaster?’
But don’t worry, you can probably tell that I like talking about games as much as I like playing them, and I enjoy talking about games I don’t like as much as (wait, who am I kidding, much more than) I enjoy talking about the ones I like. And while I try to read as little as possible about games I might play one day, I’ve managed to gather that Overboard is going to be either a big hit or a big miss for me. Can’t wait to find out which it’ll be! I think I’ll be able to play it tonight.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Baron_Blubba - 12 June 2021 10:25 AM

I was just thinking about that, like ‘uh oh, what if this is another A New Beginning disaster?’
But don’t worry, you can probably tell that I like talking about games as much as I like playing them, and I enjoy talking about games I don’t like as much as (wait, who am I kidding, much more than) I enjoy talking about the ones I like. And while I try to read as little as possible about games I might play one day, I’ve managed to gather that Overboard is going to be either a big hit or a big miss for me. Can’t wait to find out which it’ll be! I think I’ll be able to play it tonight.

We’ll find out tomorrow then! It will be epic! I’m on my 22nd play through, that’s 11 hours. You can tell when I like a game, I won’t shut up about it. I usually can play 3 games at a time, I am playing Fahrenheit, This is the Police and Overboard. How you do as many CPTs as you do is simply amazing!

Heart

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I think both of yall do great work. I’m almost done with contradiction but im still slowly going through a ps4 game called persona 5 strikers. The wife and I are deciding whether to play Detroit become human next or the remake of Ratchet & Clank because she saw me watching a review of the new one coming on the PS5 and she seemed very interested in it.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

@Jdawg, did you post in the wrong topic by mistake?

On topic: I just finished my first play through. This game reminds me of the greatest game of all time, the immortal Sprung, for the Nintendo DS.

Okay, so far it’s cute. I was very nice to everyone the first time through, but I see that I’m going to have to crack a few eggs if I’m going to be eating my next omelet in a posh Manhattan cafe instead of prison.
Will the line ‘Look! A dolphin!’ or whatever it is (haven’t played the game 22 times yet, so don’t have it memorized) become this generation’s ‘Look! A three headed monkey!’ We shall see.

Anyway, the game’s title is very appropriate. My goal is to push everyone overboard and steer this thing to Cuba, and I won’t pop a single sleeping pill until this goal is accomplished!

Ain’t no 5/5 yet (that’s reserved for Day of the Tentacle levels of goodness), but it’s cute fun. Will keep the collective you posted on how my cold water dolphin watching schemes evolve and transpire.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Jdawg445 - 12 June 2021 05:00 PM

I think both of yall do great work. I’m almost done with contradiction but im still slowly going through a ps4 game called persona 5 strikers. The wife and I are deciding whether to play Detroit become human next or the remake of Ratchet & Clank because she saw me watching a review of the new one coming on the PS5 and she seemed very interested in it.

Thanks for the compliment. Must be nice having a PS5. I need to get a persona 5 Strikers, an amazing game. Between Rachet and Detroit I’d play Detroit, unless you want to see your PS5 at its best, then play Rachet, it will make you glad you got a PS5.

Heart

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Adv_Lvr - 12 June 2021 11:01 PM

Thanks for the compliment. Must be nice having a PS5. I need to get a persona 5 Strikers, an amazing game. Between Rachet and Detroit I’d play Detroit, unless you want to see your PS5 at its best, then play Rachet, it will make you glad you got a PS5.

Heart

I dont have a ps5 yet, just was watching the review on youtube and wife asked if there were any ratchet and clank games for the ps4.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Baron_Blubba - 12 June 2021 09:43 PM

Anyway, the game’s title is very appropriate. My goal is to push everyone overboard

Tsk tsk… you should go pray in the chapel.

and steer this thing to Cuba, and I won’t pop a single sleeping pill until this goal is accomplished!

That’s the spirit! Committing suicide is fun too.  Cool

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Jdawg445 - 13 June 2021 06:11 AM
Adv_Lvr - 12 June 2021 11:01 PM

Heart

I dont have a ps5 yet, just was watching the review on youtube and wife asked if there were any ratchet and clank games for the ps4.

If you don’t have a PS5, then you really need to play Detroit: Became Human.

It’s one of my favorites on the system.

Heart

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Karlok - 13 June 2021 07:44 AM
Baron_Blubba - 12 June 2021 09:43 PM

Anyway, the game’s title is very appropriate. My goal is to push everyone overboard

Tsk tsk… you should go pray in the chapel.

and steer this thing to Cuba, and I won’t pop a single sleeping pill until this goal is accomplished!

That’s the spirit! Committing suicide is fun too.  Cool

I did go to the chapel once toward the end. I think it was too late. Story of my life.

I always thought the most fun way to commit suicide would be sneaking inside of a cement mixer truck.
No wait…It’s slathering yourself in tuna fish and go for a hike in the Shenandoah mountains. Highest population of blackbears per capita in the USA…and I live right here and really like tuna.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top