• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Duckman

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 21 June 2019 07:38 PM
chrissie - 21 June 2019 02:55 PM
Karlok - 21 June 2019 02:06 PM

Yes! Donald + Trump = Duckman: The Adventures of a Private Dick Smile

Laughing Substitute Trump with Boris Johnson to get the sequel: Adventures of a Very Public Dick! after the idiots vote him in as the next UK prime minister. Cry

I’m still hoping GB will see the light and remain in the EU. Fat chance, I know. But it would be so much better for everybody. Boris might be the ruin of GB. “No! Not going to pay the 39 billion we owe you but of course we demand a better deal anyway.” That will not be forgotten, let alone forgiven.

I don’t think that the UK can go back now Karlok. It seems that a better deal is not on the table whatever & that BJ may go ahead with a no-deal exit from the EU. Bad for the UK, bad for Europe & especially bad for Ireland (always the fly in the ointment) as they will be forced to erect a hard border & after 20+ years of peace…....

The whole referendum was ill-conceived in the 1st place with the narrow margin of votes not enough in a court of law to convict someone, not enough for a ‘non-hung’ parliament but seemingly enough to make a major decision about the future of the UK.

BJ lied!!!! & he was taken to court for misleading info which I guess a lot of the public believed (which swayed the voting) but it was thrown out - the order of dodgy handshakes obviously prevails which is why I think he will be voted in as the next PM. Personally I would have liked Rory Stewart to have had the chance as the only candidate that seemed to answer questions without a ping-pong bat in hand to deflect any he didn’t want to answer. 

Vehelon - 21 June 2019 10:58 PM

I think it would be a great wake up call to have two fat greedy b*stards running the two biggest Western countries. If people think that’s what they want, give it to them. And see how thrilled they are in a few years when their country is ‘great’ again and nothing has changed at all, just become much worse.

Donald Trump is not my president but he has calmed down North Korea (who will get their own back eventually I think!).
In the case of BJ I don’t know about fat & greedy but he retreated from the PM candidacy votes a few years ago which he may well have won rather than Theresa May. Lazy ****** - he’s let Theresa May do all of the groundwork, stabbed her in the back & now wants to be PM after all of her hard work!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

chrissie - 22 June 2019 09:40 AM

I don’t think that the UK can go back now Karlok. It seems that a better deal is not on the table whatever & that BJ may go ahead with a no-deal exit from the EU. Bad for the UK, bad for Europe & especially bad for Ireland (always the fly in the ointment) as they will be forced to erect a hard border & after 20+ years of peace…....

Maybe this row with his girlfriend will be held against him… Smile

Question: How can he go for a no-deal Brexit, which is what he said he would do if the EU didn’t offer a better deal, when your Parliament voted against a no-deal Brexit?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Donald Trump is not my president but he has calmed down North Korea (who will get their own back eventually I think!).

I would say they’ve already got what they wanted out of Trump. And I would probably calm down too if I was the dictator of a brutal regime, and the leader of the most powerful country in the world has agreed to:
-Suspend military drills with South Korea and also claim he wants to withdraw US troops protecting Japan and South Korea
-Make Kim Jong Un look like a legitimate leader by meeting in person and complimenting him publicly, saying he’s a “smart” guy who loves his people and totally ignoring the country’s human rights abuses.

All in exchange for what, exactly? North Korea still has its weapons and now with the USA’s recognition will get to consolidate its economic and military power without interference.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Vehelon - 23 June 2019 06:56 PM

I would say they’ve already got what they wanted out of Trump. And I would probably calm down too if I was the dictator of a brutal regime, and the leader of the most powerful country in the world has agreed to:
-Suspend military drills with South Korea and also claim he wants to withdraw US troops protecting Japan and South Korea
-Make Kim Jong Un look like a legitimate leader by meeting in person and complimenting him publicly, saying he’s a “smart” guy who loves his people and totally ignoring the country’s human rights abuses.

All in exchange for what, exactly? North Korea still has its weapons and now with the USA’s recognition will get to consolidate its economic and military power without interference.

I agree one hundred percent. North Koreo got what it wanted and Trump doesn’t even realize he’s been had.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

.............BJ may go ahead with a no-deal exit from the EU…........

Karlok - 23 June 2019 05:19 PM

Question: How can he go for a no-deal Brexit, which is what he said he would do if the EU didn’t offer a better deal, when your Parliament voted against a no-deal Brexit?

True but the vote is not binding & BJ could in theory force a no-deal Brexit although it would probably be political suicide.
BJ’s idea, non-the-less, is to make preparations for a no-deal Brexit.
According to politicshome.com BJ claims that UK trade would continue unchanged following that due to provision under World trade organisation rules known as GATT24.

He seems to think (or is promoting the idea) that the EU can be pressurised into offering some better deals during the transition period.
This of course is all lies as GATT24 can only be applied in the event of an agreement to begin with. There would be no transition period & trade tariffs would almost certainly be immediately put in place. 

Maybe this row with his girlfriend will be held against him… Smile

This is being blown up out of all proportion at the mo but if politicians want privacy they need to ensure that their domestics don’t attract the attention of the public!

His popularity has waned slightly since but that could also be to do with his unpopular no-deal stance, his failure to be consistent in what he’s says or his refusal to attend live debates. 

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top