• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Ghost Vigil

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Anyone else playing at the moment?
1st person perspective spooky-themed puzzle-orientated game is not really my thing & I knew I was going to struggle with this one but so far I’m having fun but needing a little help. I’m quite drawn into the story but as with the preceding Dark Fall games (apart from Lost souls which I haven’t played yet) I’m enjoying the gameplay & puzzles but having trouble linking it all together. Love the graphics & animation!    Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I will not get near anything from these guys until what i paid for is out.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Finished it several weeks ago and loved it. The atmosphere and puzzle structure are two strong points. The game is hard but mostly fair (a couple of the puzzles are not, unless I missed some information or misread the clues). I’d rank it high amongst Jonathan’s and Matt’s other games, of which two are on my top 20 list.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Advie - 22 February 2020 08:20 PM

What would that be? Not looking to stir up anything just curious.

As for Ghost Vigil, I very much enjoyed it. I was smart though this go round. I waited until all the bugs got worked out. Being a big fan of the Dark Fall series as well as their other games I was very excited and looking forward to this one. It did not disappoint and is definitely another gem that I can highly recommend, especially if you like ghost hunting and the supernatural. It’s a fairly large game too. I think I got around 12-14 hours out of it. Well worth it in my opinion!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2006-11-21

PM

Advie - 22 February 2020 08:20 PM

Bracken Tor?  I think I may have preordered it 8 years or so ago?  Confused

Still, I really did enjoy Ghost Vigil an awful lot!

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
- Carl Sagan

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Is this one grid based like Dark Fall 1 and 2? Or free rotation like in 3?

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Vehelon - 24 February 2020 06:17 PM

It’s point and click like the first 2.

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Sir Beardalot - 24 February 2020 10:01 PM
Vehelon - 24 February 2020 06:17 PM

It’s point and click like the first 2.

But with free rotation unlike 1 & 2.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2020-02-28

PM

I’m currently playing this. It’s not my normal bag as I prefer the classic point & clicks, however, I’m always looking to try new things. I felt it was a bit muddled at first, as a newbie to the series I got confused as the walkie talkies seemed to randomly beep with questions I didn’t know yet. However after the first hour or so of gameplay, getting to grips with the way you move through the house and grounds, I’m feeling more drawn to the mysteries it holds. I’m only a few hours in so plenty to go. One question though, do I need to know about previous games to get fully what’s going on, or is it stand alone?

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

YakWaxLips - 29 February 2020 06:40 PM

I’m currently playing this. It’s not my normal bag as I prefer the classic point & clicks, however, I’m always looking to try new things. I felt it was a bit muddled at first, as a newbie to the series I got confused as the walkie talkies seemed to randomly beep with questions I didn’t know yet. However after the first hour or so of gameplay, getting to grips with the way you move through the house and grounds, I’m feeling more drawn to the mysteries it holds. I’m only a few hours in so plenty to go. One question though, do I need to know about previous games to get fully what’s going on, or is it stand alone?

There are some very minor references to the first game in the series, but I’d say all four Dark Falls are stand alone games, although thematically similar. Heck, Dark Fall 1 and 3 even takes place at the same abandoned train station, but some things in the building are completely different. No continuity seems to have been intended.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

We group played it on the Senscape Discord when it came out. It was a lot of fun.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top