• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04DaleGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

All-time favourite movies?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Saw No Time to Die, loved it. Any Bond fans out there?

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

These two are my favourite all time:
Diva - french film from 1981
The Piano - from 1993

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Jelena - 15 October 2021 12:20 PM

The Piano - from 1993

I’ve seen The Piano, a lovely, beautiful and thought provoking movie.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

yeah, Aliens is good, but not as great as Alien

Celebreon - 23 February 2020 12:40 AM

3. A Scanner Darkly (I argue the best or at least my fav. of the philip k dick novels adapted for film)

oh, i haven’t seen this before, very interesting!

A Scanner Darkly; its the most loyal movie to his books, but seriously nothing can beat Bladerunner, i watch 3-4 times a year or so.

there is a book called What If Our World Is Their Heaven, its a collection of all PKD interviews; he himself, tho died before the release, the book is full of praise about the footage he saw of the movie, he was over the moon with it, and I think it would have been so hard to get him to that state of praising towards anything.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I thought A Scanner Darkly was the most Dickish (b dm ts). I’ve never watched any of the Blade Runner movies, but I’ve seen it praised, criticized and deconstructed a lot.

It’s one of those movies, I guess. I can understand how’d watch it so often because there’s a lot there.

I tried the game and got to some sort of ending. Didn’t like it at all.

Quite enjoyed the book, I borrowed it from one of my brothers. In return, I gave him all kinds of dystopian sci-fi (Swift, Huxley, Zamyatin) but Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? is still his favourite book.

I hadn’t heard of What If Our World Is Their Heaven before.. might be a good birthday gift for him.

Anyway, Blade Runner made me think of Harrison Ford, which made me think of a movie I’ve watched about four or five times and plan on watching again. The Conversation, with Gene Hackman. It’s kind of inverted sci-fi: the technology used is in most cases outdated, but the themes have become even more relevant than they were right before and during Watergate.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i watch that number of times, bc it’s atmosphere and how it makes me feel, and it’s always one of those days when i don’t wanna watch something anew; just something familiar to maybe helps me sleep or relax.

I dont know how you played the game, without watching the movie, It’s never how it is supposed to work, i guess it shouldn’t work at all unless you already did.

The Conversation is already one of my all-time fav, it is on my list on the first page of this thread, also Blow Out (which is a spin-off of it) should be up there too, but i only watched it a couple of years ago; it has the best of Travolta’s ever acting performance, it is actually why Taranito brought him in for Pulp Fiction. however, i never felt like updating my list, those initial posts should never be disturbed, maybe i could create a new, about 5-6 years from now, if am still on earth.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Cool! Definitely going to watch Blow Out.

Travolta is one of those actors that plays cool and either nails it or ends up looking like a sad Steven Seagal.

Total Posts: 2070

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Advie - 04 November 2021 11:02 PM

Ok, ok, Alien is better Laughing Rereading my movie top from almost 5 years ago is interesting, I realised how my tastes have changed since. Not dramatically, but still. Maybe because I’ve been watching more TV series and now I’m into something a bit slower, darker, but not in a horror or postapocalyptic way (I think we all had enough of apocalypse in real life recently). Movies currently on my mind:

Once Upon a Time in the West
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Gattaca
Memento (the only Nolan movie which not only I liked, but enjoyed that much)
The City of Lost Children
Seduced and Abandoned (a 1964 Italian dark comedy which I accidently discovered)
In Bruges
Black Cat, White Cat (not exactly slower or darker, just a wonderfully crazy movie)
Braveheart
The Name of the Rose (the original one with Sean Connery - tried watching the recent TV adaptation with John Turturro, but it was terrible)
L.A. Confidential

Jelena - 15 October 2021 12:20 PM

The Piano - from 1993

I actually watched Diva not long ago and was left very impressed. It was the first in the short line of cinéma du look French movies about small people in big cities, with expressive visual style playing important role in storytelling. One of my all-time favourite films, The City of Lost Children, also inherits it.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Vegetable Party - 05 November 2021 01:49 PM

I thought A Scanner Darkly was the most Dickish (b dm ts). I’ve never watched any of the Blade Runner movies, but I’ve seen it praised, criticized and deconstructed a lot.

It’s one of those movies, I guess. I can understand how’d watch it so often because there’s a lot there.

I tried the game and got to some sort of ending. Didn’t like it at all.

Quite enjoyed the book, I borrowed it from one of my brothers. In return, I gave him all kinds of dystopian sci-fi (Swift, Huxley, Zamyatin) but Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? is still his favourite book.

I hadn’t heard of What If Our World Is Their Heaven before.. might be a good birthday gift for him.

Anyway, Blade Runner made me think of Harrison Ford, which made me think of a movie I’ve watched about four or five times and plan on watching again. The Conversation, with Gene Hackman. It’s kind of inverted sci-fi: the technology used is in most cases outdated, but the themes have become even more relevant than they were right before and during Watergate.

This movie is very good, don’t know about the best……..but it is very good. If you likestrange SF, this movie is your ticket.

Heart

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I agree, Alien is such a great movie, even today it’s worth watching.

Heart

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Sammy00 - 15 November 2021 09:23 AM

My favorite film is Brokeback Mountain.  The plot may seem at times protracted and boring, because there are no special “leaps” or “tension” here. I liked everything, especially since the situation is brightened up by incredible landscapes, which are literally at every step. These are the places that take your breath away. I advise you to watch this film, especially for those who want something new, including new experiences. Those who want to get even a millimeter closer to the problems of other people should also look, you can also just read a book that, perhaps, will even more enchant you.)

A great movie. I have a copy of this.

Heart

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

marcusessmith84 - 16 November 2021 01:55 AM

Recently watched the film Dune. Really interesting movie. Much better than the first version of the 1984 film. It reminded me of Star Wars.

I wasn’t too impressed. I thought it was too similar to the other film, which I don’t actually hate as everyone else seems to.

But in any case, we’ve already got the Hollywood version Dune, and I thought this was going to be the much more serious version that stuck closely to the book. Nice visuals, but that’s about it.

Total Posts: 2070

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Yes, so far nothing beats the 1992 Dune game by Cryo (which happened to be an adventure, sort of). Surprised it wasn’t remade yet.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Doom - 17 November 2021 04:30 PM

Yes, so far nothing beats the 1992 Dune game by Cryo (which happened to be an adventure, sort of). Surprised it wasn’t remade yet.

I had this game. It was very fun in the day.  I had it on my Amiga computer.

Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top