• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I’m looking forward to the playthrough regardless of who is hosting or leading it.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

rtrooney - 04 May 2021 08:50 PM

At least two people have volunteered to lead/host the game. Don’t know who will draw the short straw, but the leadership issue is covered.

Adv_Lvr - 04 May 2021 09:05 PM

Oh yea, THATs who I want to be my leader, the one who draws the short straw…...

Wooooo Hooooooooo!

Sick

Ha! I never thought I would see the day when Rtrooney is optimistic and Adv_Lvr is pessimistic! What kind of warped world are we living in?  Gasp Tongue Grin Grin Grin

Love both you guys, but I’m sure things will work out fine.

DCast (or anyone else) are you happy to do the honours and get a thread up and running? I’ll offer to otherwise although I remember pretty much 0 about the game so it will be blind leading blind to some extent.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Whoever is the leader or the host of Farenheit CPT, I’m in. I have the Steam Remastered version (I can’t even remember when or how I got it, I think it was here in the giveaway forum…)

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Adv_Lvr - 04 May 2021 08:35 PM

What happens if two weeks from now no one starts the thread?

Why would you think something like that would happen? Pretty pessimistic view considering that at least two people volunteered to “host” the game, including me. I don’t know how often that happens, but you see, there are at least two of us.

Adv_Lvr - 04 May 2021 09:05 PM

Oh yea, THATs who I want to be my leader, the one who draws the short straw…...

Wooooo Hooooooooo!

Sick

Something bothering you? The heart in these last two posts of yours seems to have faded. Let’s see…as far as I can tell it hadn’t been three hours since voting ended and you were already complaining. Give us some air, this has just begun.

Adv_Lvr - 04 May 2021 10:52 PM

The first one to volunteer to be the leader should be the leader.

Heart

I don’t know if you’ve been paying attention to the conversation, I’ll recap it for you…. Dcast offered to host in case we didn’t have a leader, I for one said I was considering the possibility of doing so, but I was waiting to see if someone more experienced would show up.
The vote ended.
That someone did not show up.
So I’m going to take the reins of this game, since I seem to be the one who remembers it the most.

I will open the corresponding thread in the next few days.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Clap, clap, clap!

Tenebra, you are my hero/ine!!!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I would love to see a recap of the two versions. I want the one with the highest resolution.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

The voting ended yesterday Grin

Was just logging in to see this intense but amusing exchange.

Tenebra - 05 May 2021 06:38 AM

Something bothering you? The heart in these last two posts of yours seems to have faded. Let’s see…as far as I can tell it hadn’t been three hours since voting ended and you were already complaining. Give us some air, this has just begun.

My feelings exactly. I hasn’t even been a day!

Glad to have you as a leader, I think it’ll be an interesting playthrough and I’m looking forward to whatever pace you’ll set up - more rigid one by playing ahead or slightly more loose one by discovering the game along with everyone. I, for one, appreciate that you came through as I remember relatively little, so I think you’d be a better fit to lead/host.

Looking forward to some great nostalgia listening to the soundtrack again!

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

By the way, which are the differences among the different levels of difficulty?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

So I’m going to take the reins of this game, since I seem to be the one who remembers it the most.

Thank you for all of that. Going fwd I’ll be more open minded about this. As a gesture of good will I’ll volunteer to be the leader, I’ve played the game several times and have experience with CPTs.

I now see some advantages using this new rule. As another gesture of good will, I’ll at least play as part of the CPT.

I really wanted Nelly Cootalot to win, but there’s always the next CPT.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

rtrooney - 05 May 2021 04:09 PM

I would love to see a recap of the two versions. I want the one with the highest resolution.

If you mean the original vs. the remastered version, it’s the remastered version that allows the highest resolution. I just installed it and it runs in 1080p.

Remember that there were also different versions of the original. The game was released as “Fahrenheit” in Europe and “Indigo Prophecy” in the US. The latter release was censored, with some sex scenes or whatever removed. I’m sure the remastered version has the full content.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

DCast - 05 May 2021 05:42 PM

Glad to have you as a leader, I think it’ll be an interesting playthrough and I’m looking forward to whatever pace you’ll set up - more rigid one by playing ahead or slightly more loose one by discovering the game along with everyone. I, for one, appreciate that you came through as I remember relatively little, so I think you’d be a better fit to lead/host.
Looking forward to some great nostalgia listening to the soundtrack again!

Thank you for your words.
Maybe it will end up being more structured than I thought, or several chapters at a time, but we’ll see how it goes and the rhythm it takes.

walas74 - 05 May 2021 06:52 PM

By the way, which are the differences among the different levels of difficulty?

The difficulty is limited only to the action sections, in the high difficulty we will have less “lives” or possibilities of making mistakes. And I think also the expected response time is less. If you have problems for example with some QTE you can reduce the difficulty and adapt it to your needs.

Adv_Lvr - 05 May 2021 08:23 PM

As a gesture of good will I’ll volunteer to be the leader, I’ve played the game several times and have experience with CPTs.

It is okay, but I will do it.

Later today I will open the thread.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Sweet! We can play this weekend!

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m glad that the leadership for the winning Fahrenheit has been resolved & thanks Tenebra for taking on the task.  Thumbs Up But I would just like to say that the comments towards Adv_Lvr were a little harsh.

Firstly, nobody was named in the standings as a host/leader for the game so unless you paid attention to the details in the bodies of text in posts you could easily miss that there were two potential contenders to lead.

Secondly, as to the speed in comments from AL so soon after the winning game was announced,  in the past the lack of a leader has meant that the next game in the standings immediately superseded -  in this case it would have been Still Life. That also doesn’t have a named leader which meant that Culpa Innata would have won leaving walas74 to sadly dispense with the rum & cokes & complete the Spanish translation within the next few days! Laughing

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

chrissie - 06 May 2021 10:38 AM

I’m glad that the leadership for the winning Fahrenheit has been resolved & thanks Tenebra for taking on the task.  Thumbs Up But I would just like to say that the comments towards Adv_Lvr were a little harsh.

Firstly, nobody was named in the standings as a host/leader for the game so unless you paid attention to the details in the bodies of text in posts you could easily miss that there were two potential contenders to lead.

Secondly, as to the speed in comments from AL so soon after the winning game was announced,  in the past the lack of a leader has meant that the next game in the standings immediately superseded -  in this case it would have been Still Life. That also doesn’t have a named leader which meant that Culpa Innata would have won leaving walas74 to sadly dispense with the rum & cokes & complete the Spanish translation within the next few days! Laughing

Haha! You almost got me, chrissie, but there would be a tie among several games including Culpa Innata. Then again, I could always say I am “indisposed”...

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

The game difficulty can be changed during the play, so it doesn’t matter much what difficulty one picks. I would recommend the easiest though, as I don’t think the QTEs really add anything in the game. The later games (Heavy Rain and Beyond at least) are much more intuitive and responsive with their QTEs and I would understand someone enjoying a higher difficulty in them. But in Fahrenheit… nope. It’s all random button smashing.

When I played Fahrenheit, I started with normal difficulty and was doing okay, until one particularly annoying spot. Then I decided to lower the difficulty and was much happier with the game after that.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top