• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game have you just finished?

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

chrissie - 25 March 2020 04:48 PM

I’ve ventured into Disco Elysium, haven’t got far, but so far finding it a load of self -indulgent,‘word salad’ & completely up it’s own a**e.  Smile  PRETENTIOUS!

The little bit that i did look into the game that’s what I felt as well.it could get better as the game goes but it just didn’t grab me

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I did finish Interrogation, I liked it, sort of different, but different good. It has an interesting plot, the characters are quirky and fleshed out. Some parts had me really wondering were the game was going to go.

Highly recommended.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I also finished Secret Files 3. I had been looking forward to this game for quite sometime as I’ve played the other 3. I understand that none of these games are masterpieces or anything like that. The good news about this one is it is as good as the other 3 so if you are a fan, you’ll like it.

I like Nina’s humor, outright funny at times which makes up for the derivative plots and crappy mini games.

What’s interesting is digital prices vs physical game releases. I often payed up to $59.95 for these games on the DS (deluxe versions imported from England) vs the $3.99 to $9.99 on the average for these games as digital releases. However, I can still sell those games for what I paid for them as they are in mint condition.

But, physical game releases don’t happen on IOS, so I’d have to buy a Switch to go back to that.

I doubt there will be another secret files game, but if there was I’d buy it. I wish IOS games came out closer to the   PC release date, this IOS release was 7 years behind the PC release.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

I think most of you already know about “Agent A a puzzle in Disguise” But I just beat it on switch, and I loved playing this game.  I can’t sing enough praises for it really.  Short, lots of brain teasing puzzles that get challenging sometimes, but never unfair. 

I think I only paid a dollar or two for it when it was on sale, so considering the couple of hours of fun I had playing it.  Most games completely ignore the touch screen on the switch, but this one can be played entirely with it, I think.  Very much like adventure games on DS.

The story is decent and cute.  It’s not really narrative driven.

I recommend it for sure!  I think you can get it on PC as well from the developer’s site “yak and co” 

For me personally this is the perfect kind of game to play when I want to wind down for bed, or want to get that puzzle-solver/adventure fix real fast without listening to april ryan read through a book for two hours.  Sorry.  Salty

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Karlok Recommended the game on the Casual Games thread. You’ll find some discussion of it in the last four or five pages. I agree, it’s a great game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

So every night before bed this week, I boot up a blackwell game by wadjet eye, and I beat the first 4 in like 2 nights.  That’s how much I loved these blackwell games!

I’m not going to go full into what I like about it, but I will say blackwell 4 is probably my least favorite, as some of the art design was slightly changed, and I just really didn’t like the character portraits of 4.  I felt like they had a more caricature style than compared with previous games in the series.  Cleaner art, but just not my style.

Anyways, waiting for blackwell 5 to go on sale, or payday, whichever comes first.

I feel like I identify with Rosangela a lot because she works hard for little appreciation, and in general is socially awkward.  I can’t tell you how many time I’ve tried Rosangela’s forced polite smile on people, to similar success.
I wish there were more games playing as Lauren though.  She’s freaking cool!  It’s like I get to play as the hot/cool bohemian girl that all the girls want to be, and all the guys want to be with ^_^

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Celebreon - 21 April 2020 08:46 PM

I’m not going to go full into what I like about it, but I will say blackwell 4 is probably my least favorite, as some of the art design was slightly changed, and I just really didn’t like the character portraits of 4.  I felt like they had a more caricature style than compared with previous games in the series.  Cleaner art, but just not my style.

I think this was my experience as well, but I heard that there’s a patch which changes the portraits back to the previous style. I don’t know when it came out, but I didn’t know about it at the time I played the game.

Here’s a comparison:
original
patch

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Just finished Lost Horizon 2. It was OK, but not great. Some good puzzles and an OK but done before plot. I only recommend it to those who play almost all traditional point and click games.

Heart

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Mikekelly - 22 April 2020 10:30 AM

Just finished Lost Horizon 2. It was OK, but not great. Some good puzzles and an OK but done before plot. I only recommend it to those who play almost all traditional point and click games.

Heart

I got it in a bundle recently but had held back from buying it before then because I’d seen reviews say similar to your comments.  Shame as I really loved the first game.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I got it in a bundle recently but had held back from buying it before then because I’d seen reviews say similar to your comments.  Shame as I really loved the first game.

I actually liked the second one better. If you can get the game cheap, it’s worth getting and playing. I don’t mind playing kinda average games, everything can’t be Gabriel Knight quality.

If you loved the first one you’ll like the second one too.

The good thing about Animation Arts is their quality is consistent, if you like one you should like them all.

Heart

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Mikekelly - 25 April 2020 10:53 AM

The good thing about Animation Arts is their quality is consistent, if you like one you should like them all.

Heart

Go play Preston Sterling and the Legend of Excalibur and let’s see if you still hold that opinion Wink

Although it’s hard to believe anyone could like Lost Horizon 2 better than 1, so maybe your tastes are just weird. (Not a bad thing, by the way!)

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Although it’s hard to believe anyone could like Lost Horizon 2 better than 1, so maybe your tastes are just weird. (Not a bad thing, by the way!)

The reason is simple. Lost Horizons 1 is in German on iOS. Which got old quickly. Lost Horizons 2 is voiced completely in English, and the VOA is quite good actually.

As for their latest game, Preston Sterling and the Legend of Excalibur - I’ve heard it completely sucks, but is 99 cents so it’s a maybe at best.

But generally speaking, the Secret Files games and Lost Horizon games have similar mediocre reviews. So if you liked one, you should like the others.

Heart

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Mikekelly - 25 April 2020 05:12 PM

But generally speaking, the Secret Files games and Lost Horizon games have similar mediocre reviews. So if you liked one, you should like the others.

Heart

Not really sure I agree with you there. I think the writing in Lost Horizon (1) is far better than in any of the Secret Files games and quite different in style too. All Secret Files games are ok and worth playing, but all of them have to many cringe moments. Bad attempts at humor (possibly lost in translation from German to English, but still) and generally pretty poor writing. With Lost Horizon they did much better in more or less all regards. IMO of course.

I too enjoyed Lost Horizon 2, but it felt rushed and buggy. And the attempts at action (QTE:s mainly) does not work very well. But some scenes were just great. Maybe this one works better on the iPad. Do you know if there’s an Android version?

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Do you know if there’s an Android version?

Yes, the games are available on Android as well.

Heart

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Donuts McGee - 21 April 2020 09:26 PM
Celebreon - 21 April 2020 08:46 PM

I think this was my experience as well, but I heard that there’s a patch which changes the portraits back to the previous style. I don’t know when it came out, but I didn’t know about it at the time I played the game.

Here’s a comparison:
original
patch

Beautiful!  That’s exactly what I was craving.  Still a pretty good game.  I would say maybe the hardest one from the original collection.  Hard to say.

Thanks Donuts.  I’m going to try out this patch.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top