• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Firefox Problems

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Following on from Lady K’s Firefox problems (and this could relate to Karlok’s and others PM problems for all I know) I am getting no pictures at all under the Games section, just the link details showing; no pictures showing on the index page for the News section but they do show within the articles; No magnifying glass showing on the Adventure Gamers forums.

Things are different somewhat in IE11 but as bad as I’ve just checked so not necessarily a Firefox problem.

I’m running Kaspersky Total Security on the PC, DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials on Firefox and AdBlock Plus on IE (which I also thought was running on Firefox but appears not to be) should any of that help.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I was having intermittant problems scrolling through screenshots (arrows were missing)
& also the magnifying glass/search function kept disappearing so I uninstalled Firefox & am trying Google Chrome. Everything now seems to be working properly (at the moment!) except for the PMs which are still not turning up in the sent folder.
I won’t know until later if the recipient (Lady kestrel) has got the PM I sent earlier.

If it helps I have Microsoft Security Essentials & Malwarebytes. Also I think I may have an ad-blocker? 

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Thanks for reporting and hanging in there! I have seen some similar issues myself _sometimes_ earlier today, but it doesn’t always seem to happen. I do think I know what could be causing it, however.

I believe it’s related to the ad-blocker blocking a few critical scripts, while it has nothing to do with advertising, so I’ll look into seeing what that is happening and see if I can fix it.

I’ve fixed the problem (albeit it wasn’t -really- wrong) that cause the message not to show up in your send items. It will now going forward, it was because of a checkbox in the compose window called “Store a copy in the Sent messages folder?”. At one point earlier last week I changed that from being checked to being unchecked by default (I am unsure why I did this honestly..), so I changed it back to checked.

Sorry about that!

To be continued on the loading issues.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m pleased to report that my earlier PM reached the recipient & my reply sent a couple of minutes ago has turned up in my sent message folder! Thanks CaliMonk Thumbs Up

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

chrissie - 15 May 2020 02:56 PM

I’m pleased to report that my earlier PM reached the recipient & my reply sent a couple of minutes ago has turned up in my sent message folder! Thanks CaliMonk Thumbs Up

You’re welcome! I turned the checkbox back on ;-)

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Jabod - 15 May 2020 05:17 AM

Following on from Lady K’s Firefox problems (and this could relate to Karlok’s and others PM problems for all I know) I am getting no pictures at all under the Games section, just the link details showing; no pictures showing on the index page for the News section but they do show within the articles; No magnifying glass showing on the Adventure Gamers forums.

Things are different somewhat in IE11 but as bad as I’ve just checked so not necessarily a Firefox problem.

I’m running Kaspersky Total Security on the PC, DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials on Firefox and AdBlock Plus on IE (which I also thought was running on Firefox but appears not to be) should any of that help.

I have made some changes, can you tell me if this improves anything?

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

CaliMonk - 15 May 2020 03:30 PM
Jabod - 15 May 2020 05:17 AM

I have made some changes, can you tell me if this improves anything?

Whatever you did now has everything working fine in Firefox CaliMonk but the same problems as above regarding News and Games sections still apply to IE11 plus, and I didn’t mention this first time, the headings spacing is cocked up - Adventure Gamers logo appears in different places just to the right of where it should be and the forum headings can be a bit lower than they should be, possibly put out of place by the incorrect siting of the Adventure Gamers logo. Also Log In doesn’t do anything. I disabled Ad Block Plus to check and nothing changed.
I’m not bothered as I only use Firefox these days and it’s also known that IE doesn’t conform to current Web standards so I don’t know how much effort you want to put into that Smile

Life is what it is.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Thanks Jabod for reporting! Interesting, I do know what caused it then albeit I’ll be honest that it’s strange that this had such a side effect.

Did some testing on Internet Explorer 11 yesterday and the experience is pretty broken indeed, I fixed a few things with the top menu/bar but noticed several problems still existing (including what you mentioned with broken images; it’s because lazy loading doesn’t work on IE). I might look into seeing if I can find a way to fallback on a different way to do that on IE, but as you said, not many users remaining on that. The new Microsoft Edge actually is now released (beta) and is largely based on Chrome, so hopefully IE continues to greatly decrease in market penetration :-)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top