• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Retro Crime Adventure - Shadows by the Waterhouse

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2016-04-24

PM

Sorry, the (anonymous) survey is in German, but the text means:

If you think you want to have the Major Version, please sign with “Ja”,
if not with “Nein” and if you are not sure yet with “Mal schauen”! THANX!!

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

So the poll is in German but the release would include the English version, ja?

Joined 2016-04-24

PM

Phlebas - 16 April 2018 04:39 AM

So the poll is in German but the release would include the English version, ja?

Yes, like part 1 it will be a combined version with english subtitles.

Joined 2016-04-24

PM

New Screenshots > https://itch.io/t/146548/shadows-by-the-waterhouse  Smile

Image Attachments

DevStat_Major_95c_klein.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Joined 2016-04-24

PM

SHADOWS BY THE WATERHOUSE

CHAPTER II: THE GLASS FILES

Image Attachments

G_8.2_.jpgK_0.3_.jpgK_0.1_.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Joined 2016-04-24

PM

Hello, I am still looking for testers for Chapter 2 of “Shadows by the Waterhouse”. Please contact me under .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) THANX!

Joined 2016-04-24

PM

RELEASE DATE

https://vimeo.com/387597290

Joined 2016-04-24

PM

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve been playing this here & there over the last few days. I’m finding it very difficult but intriguing enough to persist. I’m completely stuck though on a puzzle:
I’ve got to nighttime & found a place to use the keypad. I need a tip on what numbers to enter? - the only numbers I can find are dates on a memorial in the cemetery which I’ve tried playing around with. Can anyone help please.  Smile

Joined 2016-04-24

PM

chrissie - 27 March 2020 06:42 PM

I’ve been playing this here & there over the last few days. I’m finding it very difficult but intriguing enough to persist. I’m completely stuck though on a puzzle:
I’ve got to nighttime & found a place to use the keypad. I need a tip on what numbers to enter? - the only numbers I can find are dates on a memorial in the cemetery which I’ve tried playing around with. Can anyone help please.  Smile

“The first of the six will open Pandora’s box!”

You were on the right track. Thumbs Up But you have to take only the FIRST digit of each of the six numbers and combine it chronologically. Wink

Have a lot of fun furthermore and thank you very much for playing my game!

Raphael

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks Raphael, I did eventually manage to finish part 1 & am some way through Part 2.

I’ve been progressing here & there when I’m in the mood to focus for a while. I love the atmosphere & I’m intrigued by the story which I haven’t quite fathomed out yet but find the game hard-going - the nighttime scenes are difficult to see & 
the navigation very awkward. Otherwise I’m enjoying the challenge.

There’s just a few queries I have: at the beginning of Part 2 when I tried to leave the area I was advised within the game that I should have 4 items but I couldn’t find a 4th so I left with 3 - does this matter or am I going to be held up later? Can you reach a dead end in the game or is it you can’t progress if you haven’t found what you need or done things in a certain order?
Does it matter that I was unable to beat the ‘car mini-game’? or would that have been an alternative path?

Joined 2016-04-24

PM

chrissie - 13 June 2020 10:18 AM

There’s just a few queries I have: at the beginning of Part 2 when I tried to leave the area I was advised within the game that I should have ... does this matter or am I going to be held up later? Can you reach a dead end in the game or is it you can’t progress if you haven’t found what you need or done things in a certain order?
Does it matter that I was unable to ... or would that have been an alternative path?

Oh, you definately should have collected 4 items when you leave (but without certain order). Otherwise you can`t finish the game later.
You need the following ones: headlight, string, map and - i guess the item you miss - coins (cellar > right area near the chain > then right again).

It doesn`t matter if the car mini game ends succesful. There are no different paths due to the car racing gameplay. It`s just for fun Wink

Joined 2016-04-24

PM

Here is a first walkthrough video, more will follow shortly ...

Do not be surprised - instead of interaction symbols such as magnifying glass, gear, etc., only the mouse pointer appears in the video (which is due to my screen capture program).

The Early Summer Sale for 5.99 runs until the end of the month Wink

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks Raphael, I don’t know how I missed those coins.
I’ve moved on a lot beyond your video walkthrough & I’m so stuck again.
I found the memory stick & have read everything on it. I’ve gone to the cottage but have to go back later.
I can’t find anything else at the moment - help!

Joined 2016-04-24

PM

chrissie - 22 June 2020 02:57 PM

I’ve moved on a lot beyond your video walkthrough & I’m so stuck again.
I found the ... I can’t find anything else at the moment - help!

Which cottage do you mean?
Tip 1: Did you look at the characters on the USB stick? *
If you need more tips look below ...
Tip 2: * Press on the arrow pointing upwards and then on the triangle.
Tip 3: Click on the desktop icon in the top left, the logo of the proprietary internet browser will tell you the right signs.
Tip 4: Check again on the USB stick what the corresponding characters are called and ...
Tip 5: ... choose this combination to get access to the intranet

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top