• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieLady Kestrelwalas74zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Pop Quiz! Tend to the garden

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I was wondering whether a few rum and cokes might help to fathom out VP’s very VP clues?  Laughing

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

chrissie - 02 May 2021 04:56 AM

I was wondering whether a few rum and cokes might help to fathom out VP’s very VP clues?  Laughing

I can tell… it doesn’t, but you laugh a lot haha (yes, still here doing you know what…. damn, is saturday night haha)

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Since it’s quite warm here in New Jersey, I’ve decided to have some fruit: a melon ball made with a shot of vodka and some Midori in orange juice.  Ah!  Refreshing, and it’ll numb the pain of the ones I missed.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Lady Kestrel - 02 May 2021 06:27 PM

Since it’s quite warm here in New Jersey, I’ve decided to have some fruit: a melon ball made with a shot of vodka and some Midori in orange juice.  Ah!  Refreshing, and it’ll numb the pain of the ones I missed.

Well done, I know a lot about missed ones. I wish I can join you…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Grin

You’re a couple of characters. Glad to have you on board.

Final scores and answers:

Jerry, 12,5 points! Awesome!

Baron_Blubba, 3 points
Timovieman, 2 points
DarkEye, 9 points
Lady Kestrel, 9,5 points
chrissie, 10 points
Sir Beardalot, 1 point
Walas, 1 point

The order is based on the moment you started participating, rather than your scores. I’m for celebrating the person who gets the high score, but for the rest, I like to think it’s more of a “how did I do?”, rather than a “who did I beat?”. It’s something I’m still figuring out while making these quizzes. Your input on this is optional but welcome!

The answers:

1. 3 Skulls of the Toltecs
2. (Aura 2:) The Sacred Rings
3. Bud Tucker in double Trouble
4. Jack Orlando: A Cinematic Adventure (Director’s Cut)
5. Nancy Drew: Stay Tuned for Danger
6. Hypnospace Outlaw
7.Rusty Lake: Roots
8. Snail Trek
9. Anna’s Quest
10. Legend of Kyrandia
11. Alien Function
12. Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
13. Inspector Waffles
14. Mean Streets
15. Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars
16. NAIRI: Rising Tide
17. King’s Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow
18. Odysseus Kosmos and his Robot Quest

edit: added the answers to the list of hints, so you can decide for yourselves whether they make any sense. Wink

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Thank you chrissie, Lady Kestrel, Baron_Blubba, Timovieman, walas74, Jerry, Sir Beardalot DarkEye and Mike the Wino for participating!

It was a close race for the high score.

One thing I really liked: together, you managed to figure out the source of nearly all of the images! The second image was the only exception. It’s a pretty confusing title, anyway.

Fun fact: the demo was universally released as Aura 2. Most online sources use the Roman numerals for the full release, if they include the original title at all. It was released in a couple of countries as Aura 2, but in some countries, the Aura part was removed all together (from the box cover to the title screen). However.. the story is absolutely tied into the plot of the first game!

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Congratulations, Jerry! Thumbs Up
Thank you for quiz, V.P.
But for god’s sake, no more hints, please! Cool

Total Posts: 837

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

10 and 15 are the only ones that I missed that I might have gotten. I haven’t played the other ones that I missed, and am only a mildly familiar with a couple of ‘em.

Thanks for doing this, VP. It was fun!

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2004-03-30

PM

DarkEye - 03 May 2021 07:50 AM

Congratulations, Jerry! Thumbs Up
Thank you for quiz, V.P.
But for god’s sake, no more hints, please! Cool

Thanks Smile I actually never expected I would manage to win one of these quizzes.

And of course a big thanks to VP for again a great quiz!

For what it’s worth, I personally found the hints to be a lot clearer this time. I found the most obscure hints to be those for titles I had already found, such as nrs. 3, 4 and 15…

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

For better or for worse, I think the hints are going to be a staple of a VP quiz.

Congratulations Jerry!

Jerry - 03 May 2021 01:18 PM

I found the most obscure hints to be those for titles I had already found, such as nrs. 3, 4 and 15…

Part of me wants to explain those hints, but I’ll do what I can to contain myself.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Nice score, Jerry, and thanks for the fun, VP! 

Now, would you please explain your hint for #4?  Even knowing the answer now, it doesn’t make sense to me.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Alright, here are explanations for some of the.. stranger hints.

Shoot! It’s no wonder you’re having trouble finding this game! - a bud is a developing shoot on a plant, and Bud is in double trouble!

The soundtrack to Jack Orlando is the most interesting part of the game for me.. composed by Harold Faltermeyer! (bit of a deep cut, but I couldn’t resist)

This order was never ploughshare material. - Ploughshare refers to a biblical quote “(...) and they shall beat their swords into ploughshares”. If you beat a sword, it breaks. The order refers to the Templars. They were a Catholic military order, so they were more about swords than ploughshares, particularly considering their role in the Crusades.

I think I did a slightly better job of not going too obscure, but.. yeah, I get how some of these hints are just bewildering. I get carried away. Innocent

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2004-03-30

PM

Vegetable Party - 03 May 2021 10:58 PM

Shoot! It’s no wonder you’re having trouble finding this game! - a bud is a developing shoot on a plant, and Bud is in double trouble!

The only thing I got out of this hint, is that it contains the word “trouble”, which is also in the title of the game. Maybe that might have been enough to find the title, but I doubt it. I would never have gotten the “shoot” reference.

The soundtrack to Jack Orlando is the most interesting part of the game for me.. composed by Harold Faltermeyer! (bit of a deep cut, but I couldn’t resist)

Actually, I think this is not a bad hint. I was assuming the game had a similar musical theme, so it seems I was on the right track.

This order was never ploughshare material. - Ploughshare refers to a biblical quote “(...) and they shall beat their swords into ploughshares”. If you beat a sword, it breaks. The order refers to the Templars. They were a Catholic military order, so they were more about swords than ploughshares, particularly considering their role in the Crusades.

Knowing the answer already, I did realise that the “order” stood for the templars, and I assumed “ploughshare material” referred to bad quality material (i.e. something easily broken). I definitely would not have gotten the biblical reference. This seems like one of those hints which only make sense once you know the answer, but which by itself is difficult to decipher…

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Congratulations Jerry on achieving the winning score. Thumbs Up

Thank you Vegetable Party for an interesting collection of scenes to guess.

Vegetable Party - 03 May 2021 02:03 PM

For better or for worse, I think the hints are going to be a staple of a VP quiz.

I hope so as matching them up to the answers was as worth looking forward to as much as the answers themselves!  Laughing

I’m not sure how helpful I would have found the hints for the ones I had already guessed but I did get an inkling that no 2 was possibly one of the Aura games & no 7 one of the Rusty Lake ones from the hints which were not so cryptic. 
Smile

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Thank you. Smile

I’ll get the hang of this yet.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top