• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Three songs, in the moment

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Since the weekend is almost upon us, and it’s a long weekend here to boot, it’s time for partying and drinking!

Probably the party artist (almost all of his songs are about partying): Andrew W.K. - Party Hard

And half this folk metal band’s songs are about partying and drinking as well (the rest is about Scandinavian mythology since they’re Finnish): Korpiklaani - Vodka

And this is possibly the catchiest drinking song ever made, by the world’s only “pirate metal” band: Alestorm - Drink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

This sounds like beer.  Cool

correction: mixed with vodka, apparently! I just found out that’s a thing people really do, and they call it a “U-boot”, or “alcoholic assault on your senses and digestive tract”.

..to each their own! I’ll stick to the music, because these songs are turnt up, as the idiom goes.

Total Posts: 837

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Been a little bit since I’ve contributed to this. Here are three, based on some recently played games:

Kyrandia series:

The Magician, by Bruce Dickinson. I love this song, and it has the mocking, arrogant malevolence of Malcolm from the first game and the magician villain from the second game.

Blackwell Series:

Opeth - When
This entire album is a story about a lingering ghost, and this song is about his desire to help his loved one move on from life to death. It’s like Blackwell and reverse Blackwell all in one!

Disco Elysium:

Pain of Salvation - Disco Queen
Beyond the obvious Disco/Disco connection in the name, this song has a little of that Disco Elysium sarcasm. The kind where you can’t tell if the profundity is revealing perception-altering existential truths or if it’s going to eventually wink at you and say ‘just joking.’

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Baron_Blubba, you never disappoint.

The final song is a surprise. Still kind of slaps, though.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

That song (Disco Queen) surprised even the band’s fans, even in the context of what was already a bit of a surprising album. Very divisive, but I like it.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I’ll check it out. I like bands experimenting and possibly weirding out their fan base.

Here’s another song for Baron_Blubba:

I got lost trying to find specific themes and vibes for two other AG regulars, so here are two songs for anyone and everyone!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Vegetable Party - 28 May 2021 01:52 PM

Love this! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I enjoyed that song as well. If I could listen to music while riding my bike, that would be on the play list for sure. Perfect for riding down long rolling valley roads. Since I don’t listen to music while riding my bike, I’m pleased to say it also makes a great soundtrack to crossword puzzling in the tub after bike riding.
(It’s a harsh life, but someone’s gotta live it.)

Here’s a few Blackwell themed ones. Completed the series last week, and have been listening to Dave Gilbert interviews about it since then.

3 - The Ghost You Gave To Me
The chorus line, ‘I want to thank you for the ghost you gave to me’, is exactly the kind of thing Rosa might have said to Lauren when all was said and done.

Ghost - Cirice
Well, the band is called Ghost. And the lyrics, if interpreted through a lens of benevolence, could be a message from Joey to Rosa.

Dream Theater - The Spirit Carries On
And the coupe-de-grace. This is the song that was running through my head more than anything while playing the series, and it would have been the perfect song to play as the credits rolled…although the credits would have had to roll very slowly in order for that to work.

PS: There are no cookie monsters in any of these songs, so perhaps they will be a little more palatable than some of the ones I’ve posted earlier.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Tim, that Alestorm song was really good, just what I am in the mood for today -thank you! (And I don’t even drink!)
Alestorm is a band that I wish I liked more than I do, because I like pirate things and I like metal things…but for some reason they never really clicked with me.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Clever!

I made a reference to the second song in another thread recently. It’s one of the few “metal” riffs I can play. I guess Ghost isn’t considered trv metal, though this song has a cool heavy/doom-ey vibe to it and the riff just slaps.

Again, three very nice additions to my AG playlist. Thank you!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Vegetable Party - 31 May 2021 02:54 PM

Again, three very nice additions to my AG playlist. Thank you!

Here as well. Especially the Ghost and Dream Theater songs.

Might be the only song of Dream Theater to make my top-2000 even!

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

This one is for Murray.

Trouble - The Skull
Okay, lyrically this has *nothing* to do with Murray. But wouldn’t it be great if he turned out to be the severed head of a would-be Christ character who submitted to the irresistible temptation of the pirate’s life and turned to grog, swashbuckling, pillaging, looting, impotently threatening, and decorating fence posts instead?

Amorphis - The Skull
This one is great, because it’s about a skull that is pretty much exactly how Murray sees himself—as an omniscient god! And it’s about a skull on a ship! So what if the skull is actually a bear skull—all skulls are bare! Totally Murray!

Overkill - Skullkrusher
Hard choice for the third one. You can imagine that there are no shortage of good metal songs about skulls, but ultimately Overkill won out over several other worthy songs. This one is not about something that krushes skulls, rather it is about a skull that krushes. Murray would have it no other way. Although Murray usually doesn’t have his way.

“That’s all for today.” (Name the quote!) but there will likely be another ode to Murray in the future.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Glenn Danzig approves.

No idea about that quote! The Crypt Keeper?

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

That quote. It’s said at the north-westernmost point of the countryside before it turns into desert. By a man in a hat.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top