• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleOOUS

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What adventure games are you looking forward to most in 2018?

Total Posts: 5834

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The Wolf Among Us
Stonewall Penitentiary
Unavowed
The Birdwatcher
The Last Crown
Lamplight City
The Poisoned Pawn

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

The Coral Cave
Chuchel
Detroit

... Will probably discover more during the year.
And don’t have time to play that much!  Content

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

-The Mystery of Oak Island (I hope they’ll finish it soon)
-A Little Less Desperation (The puzzles in the demo were so good)
-Unforseen Incidents
-Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure
-Unavowed (By Dave Gilbert, what else is there to say?)
-Detective Gallo
-Arkhangel: House of the Seven Stars
-Earthworms (weird)
-Tsioque
-Cascade Quest (Sometimes I miss the old parser controls. Dont’t even know whey)
-Alaska (a hybrid)
-Miguel (Starring a cat. I hope for you they’ll make an English version, too.)
-Happiless
-StarFlint - The Blackhole Prophecy
-Clown’s Secret
-Detective Di - The Silk Rose Murders
-Lamplight City (in spite of the lack of puzzles)
-Growbot (so cute)
-Stonewall Penitentiary
-The Lighthouse

A long list, I know. And that are just the ones that seem most promising to me an might see the light of release day next year.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I want to be not excited about TWAU2.. because telltale is annoying and sure to put out another game with minimal game.. but i cant help it. Its going to be fun and entertaining.
Unavowed is probably my most anticipated, even though i know little about it.. my faith with wadget eye is stronger than any other active developer right now. 
I have waited all this time to play any of kentucky route zero. So im anticipating that too, even though i still dont know what it is exactly im anticipating since iv been waiting years for it all to be out.

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2012-06-18

PM

Beautiful Desolation Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

I am surprised about the Unavowed anticipation. Shardlight was a very weak effort and Unavowed looks like another rather boring superhero adaptation, as if we don’t have enough in the Hollywood movies.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 12 December 2017 04:44 AM

I am surprised about the Unavowed anticipation. Shardlight was a very weak effort and Unavowed looks like another rather boring superhero adaptation, as if we don’t have enough in the Hollywood movies.

Although technically developed by Wadjet Eye, Shardlight was not written by Dave Gilbert (it’s actually by Francisco Gonzales, the man behing A Golden Wake and the upcoming Lamplight City). Unavowed is going to be Dave’s first game since the Blackwell franchise and thus, the anticipation.

I’m eagerly anticipating both Unavowed and Lamplight City, as well as

Beautiful Desolation
Gorogoa
KRZ ep.5
Chuchel
The Coral Cave
... and TWAU 2 to a certain extent (enjoyed the story but not the gameplay of the first season. TTG would really benefit if they put just a little bit of exploration in their games, having in mind the success of games like Life Is Strange).

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

I`m eagerly waiting Beautiful Desolation too, but I`m pretty sure it`s not coming until 2019 or 2020.

Some other 2019 games I`m waiting for are:

Asylum Smile
The Cyanide & Happiness Adventure
Saint Kotar

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

badlemon - 12 December 2017 05:09 AM
Headycakesofdoom - 12 December 2017 04:44 AM

Although technically developed by Wadjet Eye, Shardlight was not written by Dave Gilbert (it’s actually by Francisco Gonzales, the man behing A Golden Wake and the upcoming Lamplight City). Unavowed is going to be Dave’s first game since the Blackwell franchise and thus, the anticipation.

There’s also the fact that not everyone agrees with Headycakes about Shardlight - I really liked it.

I’m looking forward to Unavowed, Lamplight City, RealMYNA - and all the games I haven’t had time to play this year. Maybe next year…

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Detroit: Become Human - can’t wait. Maybe in 2018 we’ll see the return of the console/handheld exclusive Aggie. One can only hope.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Life is Strange 2
Orwell 2
Detroit
We. The Revolution (just because the adventure gamers preview sounded really cool)

There’s others I’m interested in, but those are the ones I’ll for sure be playing near the release date.

For some reason The Wolf Among Us didn’t speak to me the same way The Walking Dead did.  I think it’s largely because the choices felt so black and white.

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Max Greene and Massive Galaxy both look like they’re going to be awesome.

Also Lamplight City.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Now that Life is Strange: Before the Storm is getting a physical release this year on the PS4, I am really looking forward to it.

I will be getting day one the limited edition with an art book and sound track CD.

Yea!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

The Wolf Among Us
Asylum
Hero-U (?)
Chuchel
Call of Cthulhu
Telling Lies
The Pillars of The Earth (Book 3) (Though I still have to finish Books 1 and 2) : Crazy

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2017-04-13

PM

CaptainD - 21 January 2018 06:00 AM

Max Greene and Massive Galaxy both look like they’re going to be awesome.

Also Lamplight City.

I’ve been trying to get Gordon Zuchold (Max Greene developer) on a Silver Spook Podcast for like the last 4 months but can’t seem to get our schedules to line up XD Really liked the look and concept of that game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top