• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzLadyLinda

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Your top 10 best moments in AG

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sefir - 20 September 2016 05:20 AM

8.  The ending in Anna’s Quest

yeah! that was amazing no one was born evil

Total Posts: 136

Joined 2015-10-03

PM

in no real order:

Broken age: the moment i realised what the ship was (i played with shay first)
Monkey Island 2: when Guybrush holds the bones of Largo Lagrande’s ancestors above his head
Monkey Island 3: the ‘A pirate i was meant to be’ song
Syberia 1: Kate’s decision at the end
Memoria: the ending
Hector badge of carnage ep 1: the THING
Blackwell epiphany: the ending
The walking dead: Lee’s death
The raven: finding out the real identity of the raven
The whispered world: the ending

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Karlok - 20 September 2016 05:39 AM

Yes! The vault scene in Resonance.

Oh yeah, totally.  That and the moment mid-episode 3 of The Walking Dead are probably the two times I’ve been the most shocked while playing an adventure game.

I also have to include the ending of season 1 of TWD for emotional impact.

And for a non-adventure game, the ending of The Last of Us.  Amazing stuff.  Even though my interpretation of that seems to differ from most people.  I think Joel is basically a really bad and selfish guy, and killing all those innocent people who are just trying to save the world was an awful thing to do.  Seems strange to me how so many people seem to cheer him on in those scenes.  To me the game is a character study on a guy who after losing his daughter became super selfish and stopped caring about anyone else.  Then once he found a replacement for his daughter he was willing to let the whole rest of the world die to prevent himself from having to go through the pain of losing a daughter once again.  Even if being “saved” is not what she wanted.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Detective Mosely - 20 September 2016 12:03 PM

And for a non-adventure game, the ending of The Last of Us.  Amazing stuff.  Even though my interpretation of that seems to differ from most people.  [spoiler]I think Joel is basically a really bad and selfish guy, and killing all those innocent people who are just trying to save the world was an awful thing to do.  Seems strange to me how so many people seem to cheer him on in those scenes.  To me the game is a character study on a guy who after losing his daughter became super selfish and stopped caring about anyone else.  Then once he found a replacement for his daughter he was willing to let the whole rest of the world die to prevent himself from having to go through the pain of losing a daughter once again.  Even if being “saved” is not what she wanted.[/spoiler]

I take it you have never gone throuh depression?

Great mention though….truly one of the best endings in any medium for me that I have experienced.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 18 September 2016 02:13 PM

Some great moments already

Gabe - 18 September 2016 06:44 AM

Brothers A Tale of Two Sons Little brother burys old brother - family drama carries beyond boundaries

It’s great but I think THE moment of that is when you channel the dead brother strenght

Other moments:

999 sudoku
Ico brigde scene
SamnMax intro
Walking Dead Season 1 ep3 - Lilly shoots Carley or Doug

Just hit me, we missed Journey,Portal2, Heavyrain etc.
For science

Dreamfall had great moments one of my fav,

And Tainted beginning Brian’s dialogue.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Origami - 20 September 2016 01:15 PM

I take it you have never gone throuh depression?

Great mention though….truly one of the best endings in any medium for me that I have experienced.

Not sure.  But if you read between the lines throughout the story, Joel spent time as one of those scavengers that’d kill innocent people to steal their stuff, before becoming a smuggler.  After his daughter’s death he shows very little sense of morality, and only seems to only be out for himself and his own interests.  Then in the end he’s brutally killing doctors in cold blood when their only crime is trying to save the human race.  And he’s doing this with no regrets.  And then afterwards he’s lying to Ellie about what happened.  (And this is after killing one of her friends in cold blood too, don’t forget.)

He’s just not a good person.  If this story was told from the perspective of the doctors, or one of his victims when he was a scavenger, he’d be an outright villain.

Don’t get me wrong though, he’s a very well written and believable character.  I just don’t really like the guy.  That doesn’t stop him from being a great main character though.

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

There are so many choices, but I narrowed it down to ten in no particular order:

The horse ride in Beyond Atlantis
The wonderfully ironic ending of The Feeble Files
Jake’s confession in Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon
The flying cut scenes in Alida
The transport cut scenes in Riven
Discovering the new age in RealMyst
The frogs’ song in Botanicula (and the ending)
The ending of Morpheus
Opening the Queen’s tomb in Riddle of the Sphinx
My first ride on the Underground underground in Zork Grand Inquisitor

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sefir - 20 September 2016 05:20 AM

3.  The ending in the Whispered World
4.  Anna’s death in the Vault scene in Resonance
6.  The ending in Oknytt
9.  Climbing the Tower in The Talos Principle

How could I have forgotten about the ending of Oknytt?!?
That definitely also belongs on my own list - the rest I quoted are also great scenes, but if I add those then I also have to add 37 others Wink

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

1. Grabbing a handful of feathers in Woodruff
2. Turning into a werewolf in Goblins 3
3. Showing staff to people in Broken Sword 1-5
4. Dancing to the Bone song in Monkey Island 2
5. Riding around the map in Gabriel Knight 3
6. Pleasing a door security in Grand Inquisitor
7. Painting everything in green in Loom
8. Wandering around the forest in Quest for Glory
9. Listening to Willie’s story in The Neverhood
10. Confronting Malcolm in The Legend Of Kyrandia

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Abnaxus - 18 September 2016 04:36 PM

5. This scene and song from Syberia

Heart

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 161

Joined 2007-09-11

PM

Some moments that doesn’t seem to have been mentioned.
QFG3: Killings at Peace Conference, meeting of the leader of attacked peace mission, thief you helped and who didn’t want to fight demons before coming to help you at the end.
QFG4: Toby’s sacrifice, “Now Katrina can have all the darkness she ever wanted, and much, much more.”, fate of old man.
GK1: Meeting Gabe’s uncle and sacrifice uncle made, discussion about fate of Gedde and her ancestor women at the end.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Doom - 22 September 2016 02:47 PM

1. Grabbing a handful of feathers in Woodruff
2. Turning into a werewolf in Goblins 3
3. Showing staff to people in Broken Sword 1-5
4. Dancing to the Bone song in Monkey Island 2
5. Riding around the map in Gabriel Knight 3
6. Pleasing a door security in Grand Inquisitor
7. Painting everything in green in Loom
8. Wandering around the forest in Quest for Glory
9. Listening to Willie’s story in The Neverhood
10. Confronting Malcolm in The Legend Of Kyrandia

each is unique i can swear..

i will bring outta my memory what is on top of it, and maybe update this post once i remember anything worth to add.

-Standing outside Lefty’s, LSL1
-Finding the Lipstick, PQII
-Entering Oscar’s Factory, Syberia
-Entering and Exiting the round room w/5 doorways, Riven
-Syberia, Intro
-The playable intro credits, LSL3
-The freighter’s garbage part, SQIII

Total Posts: 181

Joined 2005-11-15

PM

For some reason this bit in Trinity really stuck with me, even though it’s completely optional and has nothing to do with any puzzle:

Shadows lengthen in the gathering dusk. You pause to watch as the sun touches the western horizon, painting the clouds with a fiery glow that spreads across the sky.

Wait a minute.

The sky is getting brighter. You rub your eyes and blink as the mountains and treetops magically emerge from darkness, suffused in a golden light swelling somewhere behind you…

Another sun is rising! You turn east and west, gaping with astonishment as the twin orbs rise and set in perfect synchronization. For a moment, both are bisected by the horizon, casting double shadows that cross the ground in fantastic patterns. Then the western sun sinks from view, and the eastern sun rises to command the morning.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

eriktorbjorn - 07 May 2018 01:10 AM

For some reason this bit in Trinity really stuck with me, even though it’s completely optional and has nothing to do with any puzzle:

Shadows lengthen in the gathering dusk. You pause to watch as the sun touches the western horizon, painting the clouds with a fiery glow that spreads across the sky.

Wait a minute.

The sky is getting brighter. You rub your eyes and blink as the mountains and treetops magically emerge from darkness, suffused in a golden light swelling somewhere behind you…

Another sun is rising! You turn east and west, gaping with astonishment as the twin orbs rise and set in perfect synchronization. For a moment, both are bisected by the horizon, casting double shadows that cross the ground in fantastic patterns. Then the western sun sinks from view, and the eastern sun rises to command the morning.

Yes, good choice.

Also needs to be mentioned is THE moment in Spider And Web - possibly the most memorable gaming moment ever.

Total Posts: 221

Joined 2003-11-10

PM

- Climbing the cliff in Melee Island to go see the watchman and discovering that there’s an entire island to explore in addition to the main town.
- Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis’ playable introduction, the part in Monte Carlo where you dress up as a ghost, the last sequence with the lava, the knife-throwing scene, etc, etc. So many great scenes in this game…
- The eyes in the castle in Eternam
- Solving a puzzle involving the shape of the rocks in Riven
- The transitions between years in Grim Fandango
- A moment in Spycraft where you have to catch the killer on security cameras
- Finding out Skull Island, and later on the giant garden, and also just wandering around discovering the incredible landscapes in Simon the Sorcerer
- All Interactions with Von Glower in Gabriel Knight 2
- Entering the presumed killer’s house in Still Life and discovering the gorgeous art.
- The moment in Zork Nemesis when you realise the good guys aren’t that good after all.
- Screaming at the top of my lungs in Maniac Mansion when one of the Freds appeared in the kitchen
- Pretty much everything in The Dig and Loom.
- Also most of The Cat Lady and What remains of Edith Finch.
- Zanthia changes of clothes in Kyrandia Innocent

And I’m probably forgetting dozens of other great scenes ; after all there’s a reason why AGs are my favorite games. Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top