• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04Lady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Games

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Mikekelly - 01 September 2018 05:22 PM

There will be CPT on this game. I played it through and did not see any obvious breaks in the story for CPT playthrough. Can I get some recommendations from you helpful people for where they should be placed?

Thanks!

Heart

What is wrong with simply dividing it up mission by mission? Seems simple enough to me Confused

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

BitingWit - 02 September 2018 03:09 AM

There will be CPT on this game. I played it through and did not see any obvious breaks in the story for CPT playthrough. Can I get some recommendations from you helpful people for where they should be placed?

Thanks!

Heart

What is wrong with simply dividing it up mission by mission? Seems simple enough to me Confused

sometimes that works, but certain points of the game make that tricky. There are multiple segments where you can choose which mission to do and one part where i dont think it matters which 2 out of 3 available missions you do, but when you do 2 it triggers a major plot event. So it makes things hard to break up in small pieces without people having very different spoiler experiences. The solution would likely be that the game is to be broken up into big pieces, a few major blocks of missions.

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

zane - 02 September 2018 11:02 AM
BitingWit - 02 September 2018 03:09 AM

Thanks!

Heart

sometimes that works, but certain points of the game make that tricky. There are multiple segments where you can choose which mission to do and one part where i dont think it matters which 2 out of 3 available missions you do, but when you do 2 it triggers a major plot event. So it makes things hard to break up in small pieces without people having very different spoiler experiences. The solution would likely be that the game is to be broken up into big pieces, a few major blocks of missions.

So just tell players which missions to do. Easy.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I have now finished.. what can i say it was really good… wadget eye’s masterpiece. The many little conversations and interactions between characters just give it a really special immersion. One can always complain and argue that choices in videogames dont matter “enough”.. but I cant think of many games where choice is handled this well. You make lots of large decisions that impact dialogues, and then in the end scenario many of those decisions directly impact how you can choose to proceed. And throughout the game you’re choosing who to take with you and altering how you can solve puzzles. All of that is on top of the fact that the origin choice has some value at least for replay too. I do kind of wish there couldv been a couple missions that didnt revolve around the main characters plot. It wouldv made sense to intersperse some scenarios that had nothing to do with the main characters actions.. but every single one did.
Have to say the silliest character is santina. You have the fire mage, the super-human djinn, the spirit medium, and the ex-cop who reaches solutions on the virtue of knowing other cops. It was okay though.. and still fun to mix things up and bring her on some missions.
They created a game that fully deserves a sequel without adding any kind of cliffhanger. I’m very happy with it.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Here is what I believe will work:

Case 1 - east-village

Case 2 - the-bronx

Case 3 - Staten Island

Case 4 - central-park

Case 5 - Brooklin

Case 6 - Wall Street

Case 7 - China Town

Ending - The Portal

Thanks everyone!

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2070

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I thought we were not allowed to plan a community playthrough in advance. Last time Advie did this, Woodruff was disqualified from voting…

PC means personal computer

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

This is not planning a community playthrough. This is asking for help in how to divide the game into sections if it is selected in the future.

It was a cry for help from me.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

For me this is the best adventure game I’ve played in years. Best since shardlight and technobabylon.  I haven’t been able to really get into any other companies games in ages but wadgeteye has it down.  I can’t wait for more, blown away by the story, characters and that PLOT TWIST!!! The whole experience.  Yes, the puzzles are a bit thin but the story became so compelling it didn’t matter to me… it was a mild to moderate challenge and kept the pacing up. IMO it worked much better than any telltale games. Amazing game.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

High praise. Hopefully Wadjet will make another great game like this one.

Heart

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2011-03-04

PM

Finished it yesterday, i really liked it.
One of Wadjet’s best. Now i’m replaying it as a cop and with the comments on.

Still, even though i liked it, it has it flaws. My main complain is with the key decisions on each case. They don’t really matter at all. As i was playing i was expecting some deep impact of my decisions at the end of the game, i sensed a big build up to something that never came. Correct me if i’m wrong but your choices impact whether you have an alternative solution to the final puzzles….in turn, that impacts on the size of your team at the final confrontation….and that impacts….on nothing? I will see in my current playtrough if going solo to the end changes anything.
Also, Vicki’s character…i was expecting that all members of the unavowed showed some kind of power…she was disappointing.Her story is kind of messed up if you don’t play as a cop. She is void touched because she survived a mass shooting? so what? where is the paranormal in that? Until i replayed as a cop; then things made a little more sense…but overall she was pretty much useless….i don’t think she had any impact on my playtrhough at all.

Now that the rant is out, i can say i really enjoyed it! Each case felt unique and fun, it really absorbs you into that underworld and you just want to keep exploring it.

Oh! By the way, anybody tried to change the date to see that easter egg on the 9/11 memorial? What is it?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i do hate over the top phrases like these, but PC-Gamers claims that it is one of the
Best adventures ever made, well, as long as it helps the genre, heck, why not!

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Unavowed is certainly a very nice game - but the best ever & in 2018 after ....years would be quite an accolade.
Why does there have to be comparisons anyway?  Smile

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

chrissie - 27 December 2018 02:06 PM

Unavowed is certainly a very nice game - but the best ever & in 2018 after ....years would be quite an accolade.
Why does there have to be comparisons anyway?  Smile

Because we are bored with nothing better to do :p
The unavowed does accomplish some things that make it really stand out in the history of adventures.. party dynamics, detailed choices and consequences while keeping an oldschool feel and inventory puzzles. Its a beast of a game.

Total Posts: 2070

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Sure, why wait for at least several years to calm down, replay and see if the game stands the test of time? “One of the best adventure games ever made, because there’s a lot of humanity”. That’s modern journalism to you. To me Primordia is so far the best adventure published by Wadjet Eye, and it does stand the test of time.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

^which makes me think all the more that unavowed is time-proof. Because when i finished primordia i immediately thought “this game is special, and it will always be.” I feel the same thing about unavowed.. its just one of those things where you just know. Now that pc gamer article is obviously silly.. but for me this is a game that deserves some celebration.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top