• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure - Out on Steam and GOG

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Wishlisted!!

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Thanks, guys! The adventuregamers community has been by our side from the get go, staff and forumers alike, and we’re very grateful.

Peter254 - 10 August 2018 09:24 PM

I’m always skeptical of comedic takes on Lovecraft, where the irony becomes a cover for dramatic apathy and a total lack of narrative momentum.

I’m the same, and I have to tell you - simply coming up with the concept “Lovecraftian tale in goofy comedy world” was a hell of a lot easier than actually making it happier in a way that doesn’t feel superficial, clueless, or cringey. The best way I can describe it is that it’s moment-to-moment comedic and “serious” as an overall story.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Mr Underhill - 11 August 2018 05:57 AM

The best way I can describe it is that it’s moment-to-moment comedic and “serious” as an overall story.

Bathos? Difficult to pull off right, but when it works, it’s glorious.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Great trailer, wishlisted and back to my old avatar

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

@TimovieMan: woah, awesome! I learned something new today, didn’t know that term existed. Yeah, it can be hard to pull off because you’re constantly in danger of mood whiplash, but I did my very best to avert that Smile

@wilco We’re honored! Smile

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Mr Underhill - 11 August 2018 10:49 AM

I learned something new today, didn’t know that term existed.

mood whiplash

Careful though, TV Tropes will ruin your life... :-)

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Oh, I’m there already. That damn’ rabbit hole!  Grin

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Ahenobarbus - 11 August 2018 05:09 AM

Wishlisted!!

me too Wink

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Wishlisted squad signing in

Total Posts: 1642

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Wishlisted as well

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Yay! We are legion.

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2018-06-13

PM

Though I only own 1 game on Steam (and 2 free ones), I’ve also wishlisted. GOG all the way!

Currently working on The Graveyard Union: https://www.regzig-games.com

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Quiet Fall - 14 August 2018 03:50 PM

Though I only own 1 game on Steam (and 2 free ones), I’ve also wishlisted. GOG all the way!

I used to say this too, but a couple of interesting bundles later, I own WAY more games on Steam than on GOG.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I much prefer to give my business to GOG but I still have more on Steam (due to more sales and 3rd-party keys).  Currently a 3:2 split but I expect this to slowly change in GOG’s favour now that I’m focused on buying more new releases instead of hoovering up classics and deals.

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Hey guys! In case you’re curious what we’ve been up to, here’s an hour-long team stream where we talk about where the game is at, why that is, what we’ve been doing, all that good stuff. Enjoy!

PS: Won our first award - Best Visuals at DevPlay 2018. Woohoo!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top