• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

subbi - 30 March 2018 06:32 AM

Confused Judging world problems by summarizing in a two column post in this fashion doesn’t do justice to the underlying complexities and the reality of human suffering. Even more disturbing is making a hero out of Putin. If you can so comfortably and surely make these calls, and this is becoming more and more typical in modern media, then I fear for far more polarization and adding oil to the flames.  Thumbs Up

I know europeans/americans dont like him, but he changed Russia alot, from removing oligarchs to much more sovereign super power it is right now, more better with China/Iran/Turkey bloc
Considering the hand Russians were dealt with even after support in ww2 , this is the only path when western/Capitalist bloc marginalize others and overhype capitalism in progress, where in reality China is eating other economies

And if you look at current leaders of other nations, Putin with KGB background looks and plays with far more class, for his people NOT being a puppet like Europeans leaders who stood there at UN gathering, when Trump was threatening to remove funding, just see the video of their faces , helpless

As far as justice goes, i agree on Black and white part, world is indeed polarizing more
Its all about taking sides first and making arguments to support it later until these leaders eventually pull out punches and start fighting, sad reality but it seems that way
I dont think its not a complex issue, core issue was(still is) imperialism and colonialism, only that side is problematic who is starting chain reaction by invading or sticking nose in other countries , thats my point of view and very easy to make call by checking who is triggering conflict

Edit

Even this new issue of UK, some politicians dont agree with accusation, some even in Ireland
So again conflict getting out of proportion , because someone falsely starting it
Easy call to check who is the wrong side

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Nomadsoul is a Ruski.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

at an add here, i found a book called the art of point and click, with interviews for the book with many developers including someone called Jane Jenson. i never heard of, and its sound more like they have got a wrong lady to interview than just a typo for a book dedicated to adventure games

https://www.bitmapbooks.co.uk/collections/all/products/the-art-of-point-click-adventure-games?aff=3

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2018-04-10

PM

Advie - 02 April 2018 10:36 PM

at an add here, i found a book called the art of point and click, with interviews for the book with many developers including someone called Jane Jenson. i never heard of, and its sound more like they have got a wrong lady to interview than just a typo for a book dedicated to adventure games

https://www.bitmapbooks.co.uk/collections/all/products/the-art-of-point-click-adventure-games?aff=3

I couldn’t tell if you were being sarcastic or not about Jane Jensen.

Here’s the wikipedia link if you don’t know who she is: linkie

Also, thanks for the link, I see the AG logo is at the bottom, I guess that must be the affiliate link? I have the Amiga book by bitmapbooks, it’s good stuff.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

burnsflipper - 15 April 2018 07:10 AM

I couldn’t tell if you were being sarcastic or not about Jane Jensen.

i was surely being sarcastic for the book having her name wrong at their promotion for it, they’ve fix’d it now

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2018-04-10

PM

Looking forward to the book, that looks pretty neat. Only 4 months to wait!

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2018-04-26

PM

Looking forward for the book

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

these days just opening this site makes me really depressed and i am not saying this as the crazy Advie who gets frustrated when no much interaction at the site as used to be but i am saying this because every day or two days the crew of the site voluntarily as you all know, present a new review/preview/interview, which literally means that the bypassers and lurkers are the literal essences and the reason for this site to maintain. and we all (members) are nothing, i am ashamed for the numbers of words written as i mentioned at the reviews and others voluntarily comparing to us members posts, what a shame.. i am gonna stop visiting this site as much i am used to, because getting older and being depressed and annoyed are things that stick for a while not as when i was young and they are just feelings that pass very fast.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Totally agree that getting old sucks…

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

wilco - 14 May 2018 03:47 PM

It’s better than the alternative.  Wink

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lady Kestrel - 14 May 2018 05:00 PM

what? getting young? Laughing

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 14 May 2018 05:08 PM
Lady Kestrel - 14 May 2018 05:00 PM

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

So what was/is the story of the very new member (yesterday) posting a belated thread about ‘Adventuregamers launching a Patreon’ and encouraging the members to contribute (positively, I must tell). is he a new administer? or an enthusiastic new member with no idea of the Patreon launch’s event that took place already two months ago?,  or is it just a new kind of trolling that i could not (and still) understand!.

Also, where is that thread, was it deleted, and the member!, was he kicked out or is he still here, as what he did could be outta goodwill!, just missing out on some details!

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Sometimes spammers copy text from existing threads as a new post.  I didn’t have time to look into it, but I think it was a paragraph already posted by CaliMonk.  Maybe that’s why it was deleted.

Advie - 14 May 2018 05:08 PM

I’m still 25 inside.  Does that count? Grin

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top