• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceandiegoJdawg445Lady KestrelTimovieMan

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Time for a new community playthrough

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2023-10-03

PM

rtrooney - 11 March 2024 07:24 PM

I’ll be honest! I know nothing about The Dream Machine. The one article in the database is a little sparse. I need a little more before considering a vote.

It is one of those adventures you know how proud you are to love in this genre once you have finished it, it is more on the psychological side, even creepy sometimes, but let us say it is a serious adventure, with no humor nor silliness.. puzzles are fair but due its long production, the real puzzles we crave for don’t start before Ep.3..

No voice acting but it has an option for narration with a single voice for all, it is very well crafted, with amazing claymation presentation, but again keep in mind it gets better, can’t be judged on the 1st Ep alone.

‘favor gonna kill you faster than a bullet’, Carlito’s Way

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

luckyloser - 13 March 2024 11:14 AM
rtrooney - 11 March 2024 07:24 PM

I’ll be honest! I know nothing about The Dream Machine. The one article in the database is a little sparse. I need a little more before considering a vote.

It is one of those adventures you know how proud you are to love in this genre once you have finished it, it is more on the psychological side, even creepy sometimes, but let us say it is a serious adventure, with no humor nor silliness.. puzzles are fair but due its long production, the real puzzles we crave for don’t start before Ep.3..

No voice acting but it has an option for narration with a single voice for all, it is very well crafted, with amazing claymation presentation, but again keep in mind it gets better, can’t be judged on the 1st Ep alone.

I see it’s on sale and I haven’t done a playthrough with anybody in a while, so I’m sort of interested in this as well. how is the narration overall? is it good or become tiresome? Because I’m usually one that loves to have voice acting and not just text.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Jdawg445 - 13 March 2024 12:24 PM

I see it’s on sale…

Where? I looked at GOG and Steam a few days ago, and didn’t see a price drop.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

rtrooney - 13 March 2024 12:40 PM

I see it’s on sale…

Where? I looked at GOG and Steam a few days ago, and didn’t see a price drop.

I just looked at Steam and it’s 20% off if you buy the entire game aka all episodes at once.

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2023-10-03

PM

I see it’s on sale and I haven’t done a playthrough with anybody in a while, so I’m sort of interested in this as well. how is the narration overall? is it good or become tiresome? Because I’m usually one that loves to have voice acting and not just text.

I don’t know the word for it, sorry, like the Google translator voice reading all the texts, that’s what I mean

‘favor gonna kill you faster than a bullet’, Carlito’s Way

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

luckyloser - 13 March 2024 12:57 PM

I don’t know the word for it, sorry, like the Google translator voice reading all the texts, that’s what I mean

Thanks, I watched a couple of reviews on YouTube for it and while it seems somewhat interesting, I don’t think it would be for me.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I didn’t mind the lack of voices at all.

Nominations and voting for community playthrough #82 will end on Monday, March 25.

The Dream Machine (3) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Walas74, Chrissie

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 515

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Have you just given yourself 3 votes LK?  Laughing

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2023-10-02

PM

@Charophycean : Walas74 and Chrissie had already cast their votes (on the previous page of this thread).

Total Posts: 515

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

@IronCretin: Unless my math skills aren’t up to scratch I count 3 votes, not 5!

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2022-05-10

PM

I’d like to join a play through of “The Dream Machine”.  I’m a good bit of the way thru Chapter 2 already, and finding it fairly interesting and well made.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

The price on GOG and Steam is the same, $19.95. Steam just says it has reduced the price 20% as opposed to what you would pay if you bought each episode individually. Who would do that? 

Chalk up another vote the game. Although I will wait and see if there might be a price drop come game time. GOG is my preferred source anyway.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2023-10-02

PM

Spring sale on Steam just dropped the full game to $4.95USD:

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/477/The_Dream_Machine__Full_Game/

Add me as a vote for that price!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Charophycean - 13 March 2024 10:59 PM

Have you just given yourself 3 votes LK?  Laughing

No, I just forgot to change the number from the last round.Grin

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Now the 5 is correct, Charo. Smile

Nominations and voting for community playthrough #82 will end on Monday, March 25.

The Dream Machine (5) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Walas74, Chrissie, Keybordz, IronCretin

Tim, I’m not sure if “chalk it up” is a vote or not.

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top