• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoLady KestrelluckyloserrtrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

info about the game life is strange

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2015-10-23

PM

Hello I am following up on the game life is strange.  It looks like a game made for teenagers. Am I wrong I would appreciate any feed back You have about this game.

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

While it generally is geared toward teenagers, I really enjoyed it and feel it is probably the best adventure game I’ve ever played.

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Col - 01 September 2017 10:34 PM

Hello I am following up on the game life is strange.  It looks like a game made for teenagers. Am I wrong I would appreciate any feed back You have about this game.

It is made for teenagers, but that puts it above most adventure games, which are made for pre-teenagers.

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 01 September 2017 10:54 PM

It is made for teenagers, but that puts it above most adventure games, which are made for pre-teenagers.

Trying to be edgy?

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Abnaxus - 02 September 2017 06:54 AM
Headycakesofdoom - 01 September 2017 10:54 PM

Trying to be edgy?

No?

You really think this kind of thing is aimed at grown-ups?

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Isn’t Sam & Max quite adult in its humour?

I think the subject matter of most adventure games is adult in nature and unsuited to kids.

Most studios making adventure games would go bust if they were dependent on the pre-teen demographics.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

@OP:  I can certainly see why the teenage subject matter of Life is Strange would grate with some people, but I was able to get past it.

It annoyed my partner to the point that she couldn’t play it.

The first episode is free and you’ll probably know in the first 15 minutes if it’s going to bother you.

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

The only thing childish about Sam and Max is the graphics. 80% of their jokes consist in absurd humor and sexual innuendo. But this is the old video games are for children discussion that is dead and buried alongside adventure games are dead and Asylum will be release this year for sure.

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Abnaxus - 02 September 2017 07:32 AM

The only thing childish about Sam and Max is the graphics. 80% of their jokes consist in absurd humor and sexual innuendo. But this is the old video games are for children discussion that is dead and buried alongside adventure games are dead and Asylum will be release this year for sure.

Kids appreciate that kind of humor more than anyone. I first played Sam and Max (Hit the Road) when I was 12 and loved it. When I replayed it 2 ago it didn’t hold up.

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2017-08-07

PM

Col - 01 September 2017 10:34 PM

It is in some parts a bit more suited for the adolescent mindset. Just play it with an open mind Smile A couple of things annoyed me but it only happened in the 3rd episode. The experience is individual but overall I think it passes good for adults.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Cringefest and edgy
Dialogues and characters are amateur that also undermines its paranormal plot potential(which had some high points)
Its definitely made for teens and hipsters

New game in the series seems to be even more juvenile and stupid

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

It’s rated M for lots of good reasons. I don’t recommend anyone under 18 playing it. I have also played several Japanese adventure games featuring teenagers that were also rated M. And this game was released in Japan. It has sold over 3 million copies making it a very popular game. It has also won a stack of awards and is highly reviewed.

I got it for $16 dollars used and was very happy with my purchase.

Actually a fun game that I am playing a 2nd time through as we speak.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

We could always do a poll and see what age group people in this forum is. Then we would get a hint what age people that play adventure games are. Smile

I think it’s a wider audience than just teenagers and pre-teenagers, but I could be wrong. It can of course differ between games but I think in general it’s a wider audience.

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top