• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Locations from Gabriel Knight: Beast within.

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2018-07-29

PM

Hi All,
Wife came across this gem on Reddit

A pity they didn’t visit Neuschwanstein, but still managed to drop a lily Starnberger See.

I tink, derefore, I am.
I tink

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Link didn’t work on my system.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

That’s a fun video. And he’s wearing an AG shirt!

Total Posts: 66

Joined 2013-08-29

PM

That’s really cool! He went through a lot of trouble not just finding the locations but even the angles they were shot from. That can’t have been easy.

Being German myself, I always thought that Beast Within was kind of the pinnacle of the GK trilogy, as it resonated with me on a whole other level with its focus on historical King Ludwig. Apart from the werewolf angle, there was something very touching and reverential in the way they approached that subject matter, I think. Probably a big part of the reason why I just couldn’t get that into the third game anymore, since it seemed so much more removed from the things that made Beast Within so special to me.

A few years ago, I had a chance to visit Neuschwanstein myself. Given that GK is probably my favorite childhood adventure, that visit had a very deep impact on me.

“Drinking rum before 10 a.m. makes you a pirate, not an alcoholic!”

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I don’t know for sure, but I think the problem with RW’s post is that you need to be a Reddit member to open the link.

Thanks to everyone who posted alternative links. It was a fun tour. Although I must say that GK2 is my least favorite of the three games, it’s still nice to see the locations used in the only FMV game.

There is a similar tour available for GK3. I’ll look for it in the next day or two. If someone has it cataloged, feel free to post it before I get around to it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

rtrooney - 20 January 2019 10:50 PM

I don’t know for sure, but I think the problem with RW’s post is that you need to be a Reddit member to open the link.

I’m a Reddit member and it doesn’t work for me by clicking it, also, I don’t think there’s any “member’s only” content on Reddit, it’s a very public forum.

The problem is that the link itself works if it’s trimmed to it’s YouTube address only, but there’s some additional “fbclid” stuff, which is probably something related to FaceBook.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

There is a similar tour available for GK3. I’ll look for it in the next day or two. If someone has it cataloged, feel free to post it before I get around to it.

The original cat must be dead by now, but I expect its descendants have learned to steer well clear of GK fans!

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I thought the GK3 tour link was here on AG, but I couldn’t find it.

However, I did a Google search using “Gabriel Knight 3 real locations” and it came up with way too many links to mention here. If anyone is interested, have a look for yourself. I’ll take a look at them some time in the next few days, and will post what I think are the 2 or 4 best.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Wow that’s great fun! Well done!

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2018-07-29

PM

Yeah, that’s on me. I wasn’t thinking.

I tink, derefore, I am.
I tink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top